to_dave007

LTO Resumes Operations (Update July 31, 2020)

to_dave007

MANILA – The Land Transportation Office (LTO) will resume its operations in areas earlier placed under a general community quarantine (GCQ) on Wednesday (May 13).

In an advisory, the LTO said visitors to the LTO offices are required to observe safety protocols such as wearing of face masks and observing physical distancing.

Transactions of vulnerable individuals such as senior citizens and pregnant women, and persons below 21 years old, will be allowed only upon lifting of the community quarantine.

Earlier, the agency said to address the possible backlog of transactions, its offices may also open on Saturdays while front-line workers may be given priority.

Meanwhile, licenses which will expire within the duration of the enhanced community quarantine will have their validity automatically extended to 60 days from the lifting of the ECQ.

Aside from the extension of expired driver’s licenses, the agency said no penalties would be imposed for the late registration of motor vehicles. (PNA)

https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1102612

My registration expired in April.  And I'm over 60. We'll see how it goes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BossHog
3 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

Transactions of vulnerable individuals such as senior citizens and pregnant women, and persons below 21 years old, will be allowed only upon lifting of the community quarantine.

Now begins the twenty-page LinC debate: if you're a senior but not a citizen of the Phils does this new restriction apply to you even if you don't avail of a discount?

• Haha 3

to_dave007
13 minutes ago, BossHog said:

Now begins the twenty-page LinC debate: if you're a senior but not a citizen of the Phils does this new restriction apply to you even if you don't avail of a discount?

I thought the same..  but I just want to get the registration done.  For the past few years I've been going to Talisay LTO.. despite the inconvenience because that's where it registered.  I think this year, I'll avail the services of the local fixer I don't like.  Just to get it done.  I COULD actually wait until June.. since I have 60 days..  I'll see what the local line up looks like.

Cgu
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BossHog said:

For the ECQ (and I pressume GCQ and all related  implementation under this law) it was always clear - it is stated  in the "Bayanihan to Heal as One Act" or  Republic Act No. 11469 (if the offender is an alien......be deported without further proceeding...)

https://www.officialgazette.gov.ph/downloads/2020/03mar/20200324-RA-11469-RRD.pdf

Also, it was specifically noted in a press release addressed to foreigners "Follow ECQ laws lest face deportation, foreigners told"

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/images/News/2020_Yr/04_Apr/2020Apr28_Press.pdf 

“The ECQ guidelines were placed to promote public health and safety among members of the society. That means everyone, including foreign nationals. Aliens who disregard the law may face deportation,” he said.

I would not question any rules ECQ, GCQ etc....the law concerns health and applies to all...but if you have enough time you can debate it with the authorities...would be interesting to know the outcome.

Edited by Cgu
  • Like 1

lamoe
Posted (edited)

If you're going to break the law (ECQ, GCQ) don't do it at a government office. Play it safe, be like the natives, do it on the street.

if the quarantines are lifted on May 31st., is there  any info on how they're going to handle Visas, registration, and  licensees, that expire on June 1st? If so, I must have missed it.

Edited by lamoe

Jeepney
15 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

I thought the same..  but I just want to get the registration done.  For the past few years I've been going to Talisay LTO.. despite the inconvenience because that's where it registered.  I think this year, I'll avail the services of the local fixer I don't like.  Just to get it done.  I COULD actually wait until June.. since I have 60 days..  I'll see what the local line up looks like.

Most insurance brokers offer a service to process all required.

• Like 1

to_dave007
2 hours ago, Jeepney said:

Most insurance brokers offer a service to process all required.

here it's the smoke test place that offers..  but yes.. same difference..  

SkyMan

I haven't actually found anything on this on the LTO website but it seems reasonable.

https://www.motopinas.com/motorcycle-news/lto-to-give-2-months-extension-to-expired-dls-registrations.html?fbclid=IwAR3uoJeq9-1oL1ikBdmssUS-c2wyEQ9fpX2K-mi_VwDSDVcyOCJEbGo18bE

The Land Transportation Office on Monday, May 4, 2020, has released new guidelines which will take effect upon resumption of their operations during the General Community Quarantine (GCQ).

During his speech regarding the General Community Quarantine (GCQ) a week ago, Presidential Spokesperson, Harry Roque, has confirmed that more government functions will be available soon, and that includes the Land Transportation Office (LTO).

Under the “new normal” guidelines upon resumption of LTO functions after May 15, 2020, social distancing measures shall be observed when transacting inside LTO offices, as well as extensions on certain matters like vehicle registration/ renewal; driver's licenses renewals, Temporary Operator's Permit (TOP) and MAIRDOEs (Manufacturer, Assembler, Importer, Rebuilder, Dealer and other Entities) Accreditation.

Registration

Considering the suspension of work during the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) period and to avoid congestion at LTO offices, the validity of registration of motor vehicles expiring from March to October 2020 shall be extended by two (2) months without penalty. For motor vehicles with assigned plate numbers, see below:

For plate numbers ending in 3 and 4, the registration is still valid up to June 30, 2020 and can be renewed up to the said month without penalty. However, for those ending in 3, the weekly late fee shall be charged if 1,2,3,4,5 or 6 is the middle or second to the last digit of the plate number.

For plate numbers ending in 5 and 6, the registration is still valid up to August 31, 2020 and can be renewed up to the said month without penalty.

For plate numbers ending in 7 and 8 the registration is still valid up to October 30, 2020 and can be renewed up to the said month without penalty.

For plate numbers ending in 9 and 0 the registration is still valid up to December 29, 2020 and can be renewed up to the said month without penalty.

For new registrations, no penalty shall be collected for those vehicles purchased or with sales invoice dated March 1 to April 30, 2020 if the Sales Reports are submitted within the 15 days upon work resumption.

Driver's licenses, MAIRDOEs and other permits

The validity of driver's licenses, MAIRDOEs accreditation, and other permits issued by LTO, including TOPs, shall be extended equivalent to the duration of the ECQ or the number of days starting from the date of work suspension to the date of resumption in the area. The same period shall not be included in the computation for accessory penalties in apprehension cases.

Documentary requirements

All documentary requirements with a validity period which have not been submitted to LTO because of the ECQ imposition but have expired during the same time shall still be accepted. Counting of the validity period was effectively stopped by the imposition of the ECQ and during its entire duration.

The LTO will also recognize medical frontliners for their contribution in the fight against coronavirus and will give them priority similar to senior citizens, PWDs, and pregnant women when transacting with any of the LTO offices nationwide for the remainder of the calendar year.

On the other hand, the LTO has elected to suspend any transactions involving advanced renewal until further notice, to focus more of its efforts to those mentioned above.

SkyMan

Also found this but no mention of the province...

image.thumb.png.249ab728a4033cac0828b9e6245767c5.png

• Like 1

to_dave007
Posted (edited)

took my 4 wheels into smoke test centre here in Tuburan yesterday..  they will do the full registration..  etchings. smoke test.. inspection.. all of it..  and should deliver me back insurance papers and completed registration, though I'll need to wait week or two.  They say April registrations being served now (and mine expired in April)

They told me I'll be paying late fee..  I need to challenge that.

Normally I wouldn't use fixer. but the alternative is trip to Talisay.. and 14 days in the Q-lockup.

Edited by to_dave007

SkyMan
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

They told me I'll be paying late fee..  I need to challenge that.

Yes, April should be no late fee.  Even end of March no late fee.  You will have to pay some transfer fee if your previous reg was at another LTO like Talisay.  I think it's p300.

Edited by SkyMan

to_dave007
33 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Yes, April should be no late fee.  Even end of March no late fee.  You will have to pay some transfer fee if your previous reg was at another LTO like Talisay.  I think it's p300.

yes.. it was talisay

Jack_be_nimble
Posted (edited)

I have a stupid question.  All kinds of info on no late fee for lic or reg renewal.  But what about insurance?  My registration expired same week in April as my mandatory liability insurance on my bike.  Will expired insurance be a problem if stopped at a checkpoint on the way to a smog test?  I live in Negros Oriental.  It's a crazy 21st century world, so maybe, it's not a stupid question.

Edited by Jack_be_nimble
  • Like 1

SkyMan
32 minutes ago, Jack_be_nimble said:

I have a stupid question.  All kinds of info on no late fee for lic or reg renewal.  But what about insurance?  My registration expired same week in April as my mandatory liability insurance on my bike.  Will expired insurance be a problem if stopped at a checkpoint on the way to a smog test?  I live in Negros Oriental.  It's a crazy 21st century world, so maybe, it's not a stupid question.

I've never once been asked for proof of insurance here.  Getting insurance is part of the registration process so if you have a registration, you have insurance.  Of course, even though the expired rego is ok, you would then have no insurance so drive carefully.

• Like 1

JoMads

June 22, 2020

Does anyone here know:

Is LTO in Lapu-Lapu open or not? I can imagine how back-logged it’s going to be. 

Thanks

JM

smokey

anyone in talisay or cebu done a registration recently ?  

SkyMan

Lilo-an but no problem.  Just getting the smoke test done may require showing up very early and a longish wait.

smokey

Well looked on line said smoke by v rama open get there closed went to another one  said open but closed i think all cebu ones closed guess naga 

Salty Dog
1 hour ago, smokey said:

Well looked on line said smoke by v rama open get there closed went to another one  said open but closed i think all cebu ones closed guess naga 

You didn't by any chance go on Sunday... :biggrin_01:

• Haha 1

smokey
Posted (edited)

No luck here went to 3 smoke test places 2 said open none were will have to try naga   its friday here   thats v rama withe the rope

Screenshot_20200724-155828_Messenger.jpg

Edited by smokey

SkyMan

I think you'll have better luck going outside the MECQ area.  The place I go to in Lilo-an has been open since at least the 1st of June and I've a truck and a motorcycle and gotten the papers back already too.

softail

The Land Transportation Office (LTO) announced Thursday the further extension of registration validity of motor vehicles amid COVID-19 pandemic.

According to LTO, those scheduled for registration renewal in June in all areas (except National Capital Region (NCR), Laguna, Cebu, and Region III) or motor vehicles with plate number ending in “6” would have 30 days registration validity extension starting June 30, 2020.

Thus, no penalty shall be collected for renewal transactions from 01-31 July 2020 for these motor vehicles,” it said.

Meanwhile, those with plate numbers ending in “6” for areas in NCR, Laguna, Cebu, and Region III are given an additional 30-day extension on top of the 60 days provided by LTO beginning  June 3, 2020.

“This means that these vehicles have an extended deadline until 03 September 2020,” the LTO said.

A 30-day extension for renewal registration is also given for plate numbers ending in “7,” “8,” “9” and “0” in all LTO offices.

The 30-day extension is effective from their supposed expiration as follows:

Plates ending in “7” – from July 31 now adjusted to August 31

Plates ending in “8” – from August now adjusted to September 30

Plates ending in “9” – from September 30  now adjusted to October 31

Plates ending in “0” – from October 31 to November 30, 2020

No penalty and surcharge shall also be collected for renewal transactions within the revised schedule given by the LTO,” the agency said.

“The said schedule will be implemented in order to avoid congestion at LTO offices and ensure that the processing of transactions will observe strict health and safety protocols,” it added.

“We are continuously extending the validity and the period for renewal of registration of motor vehicles since March. This is in adherence to the directive of Secretary Arthur Tugade, at the start of the community quarantine, [in consideration of] the health and economic crisis we are facing,” LTO Assistant Secretary Edgar Galvante said.

Aside from considering the financial health of motorists, we have crafted this schedule so that we can create a systematic and organized process of renewal of motor vehicle registration in all our offices. This is also to ensure that the clients’ and our employees’ welfare are well-protected at all cost,” he added.

https://philippineslifestyle.com/lto-extends-validity-of-motor-vehicles-registration/

• Thanks 1

to_dave007

I went to the local smoke test/fixer place this year to get my Crosswind registration updated.  Normally I would do it myself but this year it just seemed like too much hassle.

Registration expired April (my plate number ends in 4)

Went in to smoke test place June2 or 3. Paid total of 4300 peso.  They did smoke test that day and etchings.  No vehicle inspection.

Took 6 full weeks for the registration to come in, and  think would have taken longer if i hadn't stayed n top of it once a week..  Processed in Medellin. 

I think the backlog, plus the reduced staffing levels for COVID compliance, are causing problems.

SkyMan
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

I think the backlog, plus the reduced staffing levels for COVID compliance, are causing problems.

The biggest part of the problem is the computer system to handle the smoke test will not allow them to do a 3 minute test in less than the 20 minutes or whatever that someone decided was the length of time it should take to do the test assuming they did all the steps of the test they are supposed to do.  So they do a test, take the obligatory picture to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the test was done correctly, and then they sit around 15 minutes to do the next.

3 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

No vehicle inspection.

Sure they did.  Wink, wink.

When I was stationed in Hawaii everyone went to the same vehicle inspector.  "Did you drive it here?"  Yes.  "Are you driving it home?"  Yes.  "Pass"

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1