A breakdown of the proposed “New Normal” bill

Sibonga Simon

Sibonga Simon

The slippery slope is about to get greased.... 

Eight house leaders have filed a bill defining the “new normal” due to the COVID-19 crisis. Under House Bill No. 6623 or the “New Normal for the Workplace and Public Spaces Act of 2020,” several measures that are currently being implemented by the government in response to the coronavirus pandemic will be extended for three years or “sooner upon official declaration of the President.”  See more at https://nolisoli.ph/79249/breakdown-of-proposed-new-normal-bill-bn-jgomez-20200430

• Like 1
MarinePride

It looks like a control freaks wet dream.  Hell, half of the population probably doesn't even have access to a real toilet and handwashing, with soap, at any given time of the day, just sayin'!   I err on the conspiracy side of things when it comes to this corona virus and there are countries that are doing just fine by not placing the population under house arrest.  

I'm beginning to rethink my idea of wanting to stay in country with all of this hysteria.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Administrator
Dafey

It will kill Viking's and any other buffet. In fact, most restaurants can't survive without near capacity. Limiting diners to 2 meters will effectively cut their occupancy in half. May be more expensive to stay open? Also, what of all the little Mom & Pop restos on the street where you walk up and look under the lids for today's specials.

This bill will not be helping a lot if passed the way it is.

• Like 7
lamoe

How many times have we heard "we're doing this for your own good when it comes to politicos deciding how we should live"?

Wonder how he obtains his money?

The countries doing the best with the virus have a culture that encourages the wearing of masks in public any time.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-52015486

Coronavirus: Why some countries wear face masks and others don't

smokey

well like the new world normal is do as I say not as I do

• Like 3
rfm010
13 hours ago, smokey said:

well like the new world normal is do as I say not as I do

Meet the new boss.  Same as the old boss.

Rocketman

I love all this talk about "new normal."  Who follows rules anywhere, but especially here!  An over populated country and they think by proclaiming 50% occupancy and 2 meter distancing will happen for more than a week?  Most, simply isn't logical, but sounds good.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
streak03

Rocketman is exactly right.  All the laws passed in Manila, and nothing gets enforced.  I expect about a week or two of compliance, then it'll be back to the same old same old.  Eventually people will come to regard this thing like all the rest of the disease you can catch there.   

• Like 2
smokey

Oh dont worry they will get enforced when needed.  Yesterday i saw at least 7 people walking with no mask. Hummmmmmmm

Headshot
2 hours ago, smokey said:

Oh dont worry they will get enforced when needed.  Yesterday i saw at least 7 people walking with no mask. Hummmmmmmm

Quick... Call security... :frantic:

jaybee747
On 5/4/2020 at 9:22 PM, MarinePride said:

I err on the conspiracy side of things when it comes to this corona virus and there are countries that are doing just fine by not placing the population under house arrest.  

How else they can keep the gravy train rolling?

• Haha 1