Jump to content

Laptop wanted


Recommended Posts

lamoe
Posted (edited)

Mine is dying after 12 (?) years. Looking for decent used one, 15", don't need for gaming  - PM with $, details (age, make, model, tech specs, etc.)

Near Lex on Escario

Edited by lamoe
Link to post
Share on other sites
to_dave007
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, lamoe said:

Mine is dying after 12? years. Looking for decent used one, 15", don't need for gaming  - PM with $, details (age, make, model, tech specs, etc.)

Near Lex on Escario

No laptop for sale.. but when I first read that I thought you wrote "Mine is dying after 127 years".. and I thought..  yeah.. that bugger IS an old one.

Edited by to_dave007
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
lamoe
1 hour ago, to_dave007 said:

No laptop for sale.. but when I first read that I thought you wrote "Mine is dying after 127 years".. and I thought..  yeah.. that bugger IS an old one.

Thanks - fixed

Link to post
Share on other sites
BossHog
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, lamoe said:

Looking for decent used one

Laptops are cheap now; no real need to buy used unless you're on a student budget. Even a modestly-specced HP or Lenovo or whatever will run circles around anything 12 years old that you're used to. Plus you'll likely get some sorta warranty. I'd definitely buy new. Heck you could buy three decent 15.6" non-gaming laptops in 2020 with one stimulus check.

Edited by BossHog
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
yee
21 hours ago, BossHog said:

Laptops are cheap now; no real need to buy used unless you're on a student budget. Even a modestly-specced HP or Lenovo or whatever will run circles around anything 12 years old that you're used to. Plus you'll likely get some sorta warranty. I'd definitely buy new. Heck you could buy three decent 15.6" non-gaming laptops in 2020 with one stimulus check.

I definitely agree. You can check - HP Notebook - 15s-du0013tx. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
East Saxon
On 5/1/2020 at 10:48 AM, to_dave007 said:

No laptop for sale.. but when I first read that I thought you wrote "Mine is dying after 127 years".. and I thought..  yeah.. that bugger IS an old one.

Probably coal fired to .:D

Link to post
Share on other sites
to_dave007
On 5/1/2020 at 12:08 PM, BossHog said:

Laptops are cheap now; no real need to buy used unless you're on a student budget. Even a modestly-specced HP or Lenovo or whatever will run circles around anything 12 years old that you're used to. Plus you'll likely get some sorta warranty. I'd definitely buy new. Heck you could buy three decent 15.6" non-gaming laptops in 2020 with one stimulus check.

My latest laptop has solid state hard drive..  Will never buy another one without it.. starts up super fast. Won't get that in most of the used machines.

Link to post
Share on other sites
lamoe
59 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

 starts up super fast.

Not like me, huh?:oldtimer:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Headshot
2 hours ago, lamoe said:

Not like me, huh?:oldtimer:

That's because you come with a floppy disk instead of a hard drive...  :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..