softail

Foreigner to be charged for violating quarantine rules, assaulting police

Soupeod
On 5/6/2020 at 4:15 PM, lamoe said:

I was wrong - 1st offense is a P1,000 fine - that's what Parra was saying was extortion?

We knew that but it took a while for you to get that fact.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

lamoe

So did I, that's why I posted it on the 30th. Miss it?

On 4/30/2020 at 12:22 PM, lamoe said:

From different articles, some assumptions and grain of salt as to the truth.

Helper outside watering plants - no mask - approached by PNP and informed of possible P1,000 fine - she calls home owner -  he gets pissed, says she is being extorted - escalates from there.

Assumption -  she heard P1,000 - panics - calls owner says "they want P1,000 from me"

""Makati has an ordinace requiring face masks in public places. This resident was on the street and sidewalk which belongs to DVA (Dasmariñas Village Association) common area, therefore a public place," she said in a statement.

Simon stood by the actions of Madrona, denying accusations the police officer was extorting the househelp for ₱1,000."

Some possible charges listed in article

smokey
4 hours ago, Soupeod said:

We knew that but it took a while for you to get that fact.

I would pay but the law should apply to everyone 

• Like 1

fred42
On 5/9/2020 at 6:49 AM, yee said:

Agree! If the maid got the virus and passed it on to a neighbor who came to sniff the maid's plants, the maid is really at fault

Did the neighbour get permission to sniff the maid`s plants or did they trespass on Private property in order to do so?...and on and on and on..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dafey

ENCOUNTER. Javier Salvador Parra confronts policeman Senior Master Sergeant Roland Madrona before he is arrested on Sunday, April 26. Rappler screenshot

MANILA, Philippines – The Bureau of Immigration (BI) has filed deportation charges against Javier Salvador Parra, the Spanish resident of Dasmariñas Village, Makati City, who was assaulted and nearly arrested by cops for allegedly violating quarantine rules.

The BI has filed charges against Parra for "undesirability" and for "overstaying," after he apparently overstayed his visa in the Philippines, the BI announced on Friday, May 22.

“Foreign nationals who are here in the country are expected to follow Philippine laws, especially in these special times wherein public health and safety is at risk. There is no exemption, whether you are living in a posh village, or in a slum area, you must obey the law,” BI chief Jaime Morente said in a statement on Friday.

Morente said that "upon investigation by our intelligence division, it was confirmed that he has failed to extend and has already overstayed his visa."

The BI filed the charges after Parra's encounter with authorities sparked questions about his visa status. Makati also earlier filed a criminal complaint against Parra for unjust vexation, disobedience, assault, violating quarantine rules, and not wearing a face mask

https://www.rappler.com/nation/261706-philippine-government-moves-deport-javier-parra

For those who are digitally challenged

• Like 1

TimL

I think we all knew that deportation would be in his not too distant future one way or the other. 

• Like 2

SkyMan
55 minutes ago, TimL said:

I think we all knew that deportation would be in his not too distant future one way or the other. 

The deportation order may be not too distant but the deportation itself may take a while.

SkyMan
On 4/28/2020 at 12:43 PM, Davaoeno said:

He says " we have rights as citizens" -  but I'm betting he is not a citizen.

Well, he is a citizen of somewhere, just not likely here.

davehud

What kind of guy who has overstayed his visa then gets shitty with Filipino police officers? What was he thinking?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

rfm010
14 hours ago, SkyMan said:

The deportation order may be not too distant but the deportation itself may take a while.

It will all depend on how much time BI thinks he needs to figure out what it is worth to him to stay.  Plus p10 legal fee.

Headshot
2 hours ago, rfm010 said:

It will all depend on how much time BI thinks he needs to figure out what it is worth to him to stay.  Plus p10 legal fee.

Naw. The only thing it depends on is how much BI wants to punish him before they allow him to leave the country. There have been many foreigners who spent years in BI lockup before finally departing the country. I think he just didn't realize that Spain lost the Philippines as a colony back in 1898.

• Like 1

yingy52
4 hours ago, davehud said:

What kind of guy who has overstayed his visa then gets shitty with Filipino police

I'm thinking an inebriated guy. Can't think of any other reason!:cheers:

• Like 1

battleborn
21 hours ago, davehud said:

What kind of guy who has overstayed his visa then gets shitty with Filipino police officers? What was he thinking?

Would like to know if his overstay occurred during the quarantine.

• Like 2