Foreigner to be charged for violating quarantine rules and assaulting police

davehud
11 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

This guy was offensive and combative from the git go. He was looking for trouble and he finally pushed hard enough that he got it. Idiots like this make life hard here for the rest of us living here. . I say deport the idiot!  Let Spain deal with his tantrums! 

He looks highly intoxicated to me.

• Like 2
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lamoe

• Cgu

• Davaoeno

• yee

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It seems some foreigners  think that only the laws that they agree with should be enforced.  But they get all bent out of shape because they see many pinoy not obeying the law. This guy was offen

This expat seems like the type of arrogant garbage the Phils and decent expats don't need. Send him packin'!

So, heard from the grapevine... This all started with neighbors reporting that the maid was watering plants outside their house without a face mask. For some reason, it was reported to the cops. 

Posted Images

jtmwatchbiz
2 hours ago, davehud said:

He looks highly intoxicated to me.

I had a few cocktails.  So what.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Davaoeno
5 hours ago, yee said:

This should have been handled by their HOA. 

He didnt break any HOA rules and the HOA doesnt make the laws so why would they be involved?

• Like 1
Davaoeno
11 hours ago, Province-life said:

Clearly he shouldn't of dealt with it like that but I doubt I'd be happy if I'd paid 200 mil+ for a house and then the police tried fining my maid for not wearing a mask whilst on my own property inside a private subdivision.

I agree 100% !! People that buy expensive houses shouldnt have to obey any laws!   It's like expecting Ferrari owners not to speed!!   Officials and the police have to recognize that rich people are above the law !

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
arentol

A good example of how not to be an expat, no matter what country one is in. Need to stay under the radar, smile, and be easygoing. This guy makes it harder for the rest of us.

Aren

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
jtmwatchbiz
20 minutes ago, arentol said:

This guy makes it harder for the rest of us.

How true.  It's not like foreigners are treated differently than locals in the land of smiles.  

to_dave007
33 minutes ago, arentol said:

A good example of how not to be an expat, no matter what country one is in. Need to stay under the radar, smile, and be easygoing. This guy makes it harder for the rest of us.

Correct.. AND on video no less..  That might have given him a clue to shut the F up.

• Like 2
Irenicus

Filipinos on Facebook are pretty much divided on this one.  About half support the police on this one and half are condemning it.

Meh.  Bahala na si Batman.

Edited by Irenicus
Forgot to include "on Facebook" for context
  • Like 1
Province-life
7 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

I agree 100% !! People that buy expensive houses shouldnt have to obey any laws!   It's like expecting Ferrari owners not to speed!!   Officials and the police have to recognize that rich people are above the law !

He hadn't broken any law as far as I can see, not until he started shouting anyway which I said he shouldn't of done.

Cgu
8 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

Officials and the police have to recognize that rich people are above the law !

This was and is the SOP in the Philippines and is mostly observed.

to_dave007
2 hours ago, Province-life said:

He hadn't broken any law as far as I can see, not until he started shouting anyway which I said he shouldn't of done.

He stepped off his (private) property onto the (public street) without his mask on.  So did his employee but not in the video. If you haven't been following, though this may NOT be a major CRIMINAL case, it DOES expose him to deportation and blacklist...  Since he has a house and a business in PI.. that's pretty damn serious wouldn't you say..  even though it's not necessarily CR IMINAL in the usual sense.. 

We don't make the rules here.  We just live with them.

Edited by to_dave007
Soupeod

Private sub-division ( not public )

police are let in by security, why?

he could have been concerned about extortion which happens in Manila 

his attitude lost him his chance... 

• Thanks 1
Cgu
7 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

He stepped off his (private) property onto the (public street) without his mask on.  So did his employee but not in the video. If you haven't been following, though this may NOT be a major CRIMINAL case, it DOES expose him to deportation and blacklist...  Since he has a house and a business in PI.. that's pretty damn serious wouldn't you say..  even though it's not necessarily CR IMINAL in the usual sense.. 

We don't make the rules here.  We just live with them.

This is a private village and the street are not public. The village is owned by the villagers and access is only granted to owners (or the owner rents it and grants this priivilege to the lesee, as with any other rented house).

So no this is not a public place like a public street, a mall or a restaurant. This is also what is contested. The police needs a warrant to enter. Police cannot just enter such private subdivisions. It was also raisef that the HOA should take that up, as it is the HOA which establish the rules on this private ground. This will surley lead to discussion, also in court. The judge itself will be affected, as I am sure he/she lives in a private village. 

• Thanks 1
lamoe

In US HOA rules can supersede some civil laws, speed limits as an example if roads are truly "private", animals permitted or not, but never criminal laws. Same here?

Must a gated sub-division here manage road maintenance for them to be considered truly  "private" - accessible only to residents / those they authorize and some public servants (police, fire, postal)?

Or do the developers simply throw up gates and say everyone keep out?

Edited by lamoe
Cgu
29 minutes ago, lamoe said:

Or do the developers simply throw up gates and say everyone keep out?

It has to private owned, Titles? Road maintenace etc. is always payed by owners. The government will surely not pay for it, hardly does for public road.

It cannot supersede laws, but police needs normally an arrest warrant to enter these grounds. This I think will be debated. 

The guy just overreacted, if he would have just stayed calm, the whole fault wouls be on the police.

Edited by Cgu
  • Like 3