COVID-19 Articles, Cases, Discussions, Monitoring, and Questions

The have new data on the site

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Total test and total tests/1M population - of course how accurate the data is ...

The Philippines have 3094 cases out of 5530 test.s Not bad hit - they must really test only the ones who are nearly 100% infected (and the rest, sorry for the sarcasm, are politicians) 

• Like 2
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headshot

• Kahuna

• Dafey

• lamoe

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New Zealand locked down hard. https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/new-zealand-extends-snap-lockdown-covid-spreads-capital Comments following articles on Zerohedge are not moderated except for

This is a follow up to a Post I made regarding my nephew and Partner and child that had covide. He has improved that no oxygen is needed now but it did fall to 90% at one point...The child was on

You act like this is something new...  Talk about what's going on anywhere you like as long as you leave politics out of it. There are thousands of posts on the pandemic that have managed to

Posted Images

Kahuna
18 minutes ago, Cgu said:

The have new data on the site

Total test and total tests/1M population - of course how accurate the data is ...

The Philippines have 3094 cases out of 5530 test.s Not bad hit - they must really test only the ones who are nearly 100% infected (and the rest, sorry for the sarcasm, are politicians) 

Please leave politics out of this part of the forum.  

• Thanks 1
50 minutes ago, Kahuna said:

Please leave politics out of this part of the forum.  

So in which forum shall I put it? For me that has really nothing to do with politics  - just explaining the Philippines number (you can google it - this is what even Officials are saying and admitting - so I am only stating the numbers here).

But you can move it to Philippines politics, if you think it more appropriate there.

Kahuna
9 minutes ago, Cgu said:

So in which forum shall I put it? For me that has really nothing to do with politics  - just explaining the Philippines number (you can google it - this is what even Officials are saying and admitting - so I am only stating the numbers here).

But you can move it to Philippines politics, if you think it more appropriate there.

I made a simple enough request..  Do not bring politics into this part of the forum.

I don't need to argue this with you . Just follow the rules :hi:

• Administrator
Salty Dog
4 hours ago, Kreole said:

There are times that politics cannot be separated from a key issue, since it is politics that is driving the hysteria and government policies about the corona virus.  With all due respect, Dafey, I hope you can discern the difference between politics as a necessary inclusion in this post from those that are opportunistic expressions of bias.  In this case, to eliminate reference to government and media bias would discredit any meaningful discussion of this subject.  To confine this discussion to the CR would deprive the authors and readers of an open and credible discussion, even considering the wide range of opinions.

That might be fine if that were the purpose of this forum which it isn't. Who said you're entitled to an open and credible discussion? How many times do I have to repeat this. Freedom to talk about anything you want is not paramount on this forum. There are rules and like them or not, they will be enforced. This is not open for discussion here either. This thread has already gotten out of hand. The same people saying the same tired old things, over and over again. People think what they think, and regardless of what others say, there is little likelihood that minds will be changed. There have already been hundreds of videos, charts and stories posted about the virus. This thread was trolling from the beginning, but against my better judgment, I let it go. The subject has already been covered ad nauseam in other threads. A few members stirring the pot and always trying to one up each other. Enough already...

• Thanks 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
4 hours ago, Kreole said:

With all due respect, Dafey, I hope you can discern the difference between politics as a necessary inclusion in this post from those that are opportunistic expressions of bias.

The last member who posted on the forum about how a staff member was conducting his job was banned. Dafey even posted a followup thread to make sure everyone was made aware of the proper way for members to voice their concern about forum operations or staff.

TequilaSunset

No one has really answered this, so I'm going to try again.

Why are you scared, panicked, concerned about this virus? Were you quarantining yourself and distancing yourself for H1N1 and flu seasons?

Why weren't economies shut down when those mentioned events happened? Why are quarantines now the norm and not back then when things were much worse?

Why is it all we hear about on the news and all over the internet?

What is making you feel this way?

What are you doing in regard to this event?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
Kahuna

Comparison update from yesterday to now

1,198,588 total

64,636 deaths

246,165 recoveries

The coronavirus COVID-19 is affecting 205 countries and territories around the world and 2 international conveyances. 

Latest Updates

April 4 (GMT)

8 new cases in San Marino

32567 new cases and 1037 new deaths in the United States [source]

2 new cases in China, Macao SAR [source]

98 new cases and 1 new death in Argentina [source]

1129 new cases and 76 new deaths in Brazil [source]

1 new case in Libya [source]

282 new cases and 6 new deaths in Czechia [source]

4 new cases and 1 new death in Bahamas [source]

4 new cases in French Guiana [source]

4933 new cases and 169 new deaths in Germany [source]

2 new cases in Martinique [source]

29 new cases and 3 new deaths in Albania [source]

1 new case in Saint Lucia [source]

30 new cases and 1 new death in Channel Islands [source] [source]

6969 new cases and 749 new deaths in Spain [source]

1 new death in Uruguay [source]

4 new cases in Nigeria [source]

6 new cases in the Cayman Islands [source]

1537 new cases and 23 new deaths in Canada [source]

23 new cases in the State of Palestine [source]

46 new cases and 1 new death in Cameroon [source]

24 new cases and 3 new deaths in Niger [source]

128 new cases and 11 new deaths in Morocco [source]

38 new cases in Guinea [source]

27 new cases in Côte d'Ivoire [source]

5 new cases in Trinidad and Tobago [source]

2 new cases and 1 new death in Liechtenstein. The first death in Liechtenstein [source]

45 new cases and 4 new deaths in Bosnia and Herzegovina [source]

80 new cases in South Africa [source]

139 new cases and 7 new deaths in Colombia [source]

2 new cases in Monaco [source]

1 new case in French Polynesia [source]

151 new cases and 12 new deaths in Peru [source] [source]

899 new cases and 75 new deaths in Switzerland [source] [source]

13 new cases in Rwanda [source]

153 new cases and 5 new deaths in Ukraine [source]

67 new cases and 2 new deaths in Kazakhstan [source] [source]

19 new cases in Costa Rica [source]

4 new cases in Guadeloupe

7 new cases and 1 new death in Georgia: 1st death, a 79-year-old woman [source] [source]

75 new cases and 2 new deaths in Lithuania: an 83-year-old woman [source]

2 new cases in Angola [source]

423 new cases and 4 new deaths in Israel: including an 88-year-old woman and a 67-year-old woman [source]

3 new cases in Guinea-Bissau [source]

7 new cases in Eritrea [source]

7788 new cases and 1053 new deaths in France [source]

85 new cases and 5 new deaths in Egypt [source]

2 new cases in Venezuela [source]

25 new cases and 1 new death in Oman [source]

1 new case in Barbados [source]

13 new cases in Jordan [source]

1 new case in Greenland [source]

3013 new cases and 76 new deaths in Turkey [source]

132 new cases and 1 new death in Pakistan [source]

7 new cases and 1 new death in Guatemala [source]

7 new cases and 1 new death in Sri Lanka [source]

58 new cases in Tunisia [source]

97 new cases and 27 new deaths in Ecuador [source]

2 new cases in Aruba [source]

331 new cases and 17 new deaths in Ireland [source]

6 new cases in Mayotte [source]

13 new cases in Réunion [source]

39 new cases in Uzbekistan [source]

27 new cases in Montenegro [source]

117 new cases in Luxembourg [source]

250 new cases in Qatar [source]

4805 new cases and 681 new deaths in Italy. The number of patients hospitalized in intensive care has declined for the first time since the beginning of the epidemic in Italy

The target of bringing down the reproductive number (R0) to 1 has been reached. Now the goal is to bring it below 1. Earlier in the epidemic, it was as high as 3. This value represents the average number of people to which a single infected person will transmit the virus. An epidemic with a reproductive number below 1 will gradually disappear

An estimated 30,000 lives have been saved as an effect of the lockdown measures, according to Istituto Superiore di Sanità (ISS) [source] [source]

430 new cases and 13 new deaths in Romania [source]

80 new cases and 25 new deaths in Algeria [source]

424 new cases and 5 new deaths in Chile [source]

244 new cases and 8 new deaths in Poland [source]

19 new cases in Cuba [source]

2 new cases in Sierra Leone [source]

78 new cases and 1 new death in Estonia [source]

58 new cases and 2 new deaths in Iraq [source]

16 new cases in Burkina Faso [source]

30 new cases in Cyprus [source]

1 new case in Myanmar [source]

161 new cases and 4 new deaths in Moldova [source] [source]

180 new cases and 3 new deaths in Norway [source]

60 new cases and 5 new deaths in Greece [source]

12 new cases in Isle of Man [source]

2 new cases in Haiti [source]

89 new cases and 1 new death in Belarus [source]

3 new cases in Gibraltar [source]

75 new cases and 1 new death in Singapore [source]

18 new cases and 3 new deaths in Bulgaria: a 48-year-old woman with ketoacidosis [source]

53 new cases and 5 new deaths in the Republic of North Macedonia [source]

2 new cases in Mali [source]

241 new cases and 1 new death in the United Arab Emirates [source]

47 new cases and 4 new deaths in Croatia [source]

53 new cases in Iceland [source]

148 new cases and 5 new deaths in Serbia [source]

3735 new cases and 708 new deaths in the United Kingdom [source]

2 new cases and 1 new death in Saint Martin [source]

267 new cases and 5 new deaths in Finland [source]

12 new cases and 1 new death in Senegal [source]

140 new cases and 4 new deaths in Saudi Arabia [source]

27 new cases and 1 new death in Andorra [source]

3 new cases and 1 new death in Liberia [source]

4 new cases in Kenya [source]

312 new cases and 15 new deaths in Sweden [source]

1 new case in Togo [source]

1 new case in Djibouti [source]

1 new case in Vietnam [source]

638 new cases and 20 new deaths in Portugal [source]

1 new case in Malawi [source]

320 new cases and 22 new deaths in Denmark [source]

904 new cases and 164 new deaths in the Netherlands [source]

78 new cases in Azerbaijan [source]

1 new case in Cabo Verde [source]

62 new cases and 1 new death in Kuwait. 1st death in the country: an Indian citizen whose conditions had shown signs of improvement before taking a sharp turn and deteriorating, according to sources [source]

11 new cases in Malta [source]

16 new cases in Bahrain [source]

257 new cases and 18 new deaths in Austria [source]

3 new cases in Ethiopia [source]

18 new cases and 1 new death in Afghanistan [source]

2560 new cases and 158 new deaths in Iran [source] [source]

17 new cases in China, Hong Kong SAR [source]

1 new case in Brunei Darussalam [source]

43 new cases and 2 new deaths in Slovenia [source]

12 new cases in Lebanon [source]

1661 new cases and 140 new deaths in Belgium [source]

150 new cases and 4 new deaths in Malaysia [source]

106 new cases and 10 new deaths in Indonesia [source]

10 new cases in Mauritius [source]

21 new cases in Slovakia [source]

582 new cases and 9 new deaths in Russia [source]

76 new cases and 8 new deaths in the Philippines [source]

2 new cases in Faeroe Islands [source]

3 new cases in Nepal [source]

16 new cases in Latvia [source]

1 new case in Chad [source]

34 new cases in Armenia [source]

9 new cases and 2 new deaths in Bangladesh [source]

7 new cases in Taiwan [source]

96 new cases and 2 new deaths in Australia [source]

10 new cases in El Salvador [source]

55 new cases and 6 new deaths in Hungary [source]

France: on April 3 the French Government reported 17,827 additional cases and 532 additional deaths from nursing homes that had not been reported previously. On April 2, it had reported 884 additional deaths.

89 new cases and 1 new death in Thailand [source]

14 new cases in Kyrgyzstan [source]

5 new cases in Fiji [source]

23 new cases in India [source]

42 new cases in Honduras [source]

4 new cases in Paraguay [source]

178 new cases and 10 new deaths in Mexico [source]

7 new cases and 1 new death in Bolivia [source]

94 new cases and 3 new deaths in South Korea [source] [source]

82 new cases in New Zealand [source]

19 new cases (of which 18 imported from abroad) and 4 new deaths (all in Hubei) occurred in China on April 3 [source] 

• Like 1
lamoe

Brewery hand sanitizer  2 days ago

https://parade.com/1011922/jerylbrunner/distilleries-making-hand-sanitizer/

I've mentioned the Minhas brewery in Monroe Wisconsin before - company store is  great place to buy liquor and beer very cheap (over runs, cancellations, etc.) Highest proof is 190 Stryker (95% pure)

Their pricing seemed to be rather high at first given it's only sold in their on-site store  but compared to 120 proof not outrageous

In Canada http://minhasbrewery.com/calgary-brews

"Minhas says it’s using a WHO-recommended recipe that is 80 per cent alcohol." = 160 proof

"Everclear 120-Proof   750 ml  $17"

image.thumb.png.db1a8af99555cef2ae0d6dff0a4bce69.png

• Administrator
Dafey
7 hours ago, TequilaSunset said:

Why are you scared, panicked, concerned about this virus? Were you quarantining yourself and distancing yourself for H1N1 and flu seasons?

This is a very aggressive and deadly virus. The way it attacks and kills can sneak up on you and quickly turn deadly...regardless of age.

Watch the entire video, please

With 70%-80% of the US staying at home and avoiding Social Distancing standards many hospitals are jammed to capacity and may not be able to offer the needed care to keep you alive. (can you imagine what it would bwe like if those peeps were not avoiding Social Distancing?)(of course you can't)

H1N1 was not as aggressive but yes, we took necessary precautions. Our hospitals were not overwhelmed so if you needed care you could get it.

As with any virus, known today, if you are healthy, it is survivable.

At the end of the day, you are so stubborn nobody can impress you as to the seriousness of this mass killer. Slowly suffocating in your own body fluids is a horrible way to die. You have admitted that you have a lung/breathing issue yet you continue to preach Darwinism in the face of science.

Good luck my friend. I seriously hope you do not contract this virus, nor your family and friends. I've already lost too many to this silent killer.

Why is it all we hear about on the news and all over the internet?

You could say the same about LinC. It's what's on people's minds.

What are you doing in regard to this event?

I am in the Philippines and obeying the law...staying in the comfort of my home and making sure my family does the same. However, I would be doing the same if I was in the US. My family in the US is doing the same. we are also helping those in need around us with food and meds.

My sincere hope is that a vaccine for this virus will be available Before next virus season.

My biggest fear is that a worse virus will walk across the face of the earth cleaning out 80% of the population. (I wonder what the economy would look like then)

BTW...the Spanish flu took out a huge number of peeps in 1918 before we had an airline system that connected every corner of the world with 12 hour around the world transit. To transport the virus from one side of the planet to the other took days and it still ravaged the population

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
1 hour ago, Dafey said:

My biggest fear is that a worse virus will walk across the face of the earth cleaning out 80% of the population. (I wonder what the economy would look like then)

It just so happens that this TV Series is about a Global Pandemic that killed 80% of the world population. Granted it centers around a single ship that wasn't infected and it's mission to find a vaccine. The way it portrays many of those who had survived though, is a chilling view of humanity on the brink of distinction... 

• Like 2
Headshot

There are only a few possibilities on why China has ordered 200,000 body bags from Taiwan. Their death toll from the CCP virus is a lot higher than they are admitting and is still continuing, they are trying to make it so that Taiwan has no body bags to sell to countries in the West, or both. I tend to pay more attention to what countries do rather than what they say. Things are not right in China.

• Thanks 5
JohnSurrey
8 hours ago, TequilaSunset said:

image.thumb.png.8bfb1daa0e4f445878fafa7a485aaf36.png

I've been asking myself the same question recently - Basically are Dr Wolfgang Wodarg and Sweden right - is it just seasonal flu and we should all just get back to work?

I have a fairly simplistic way of looking at that... if 60,000 people a year die from normal flu and we've just passed that number how many more are going to continue to die from Covid 19 related Flu?

Perhaps when it's all over they'll be a new vaccine and most countries will increase their health system spending to make sure there's enough icus/ventilators available the next time and then everything will return to normal with 60,000 or 100,000 dying each year from flu again in subsequent years.

This time the world has been caught on the back foot - they're not ready ... and because they're not ready our Politicians want to try and flatten the curve in order to minimize the (at the moment) unknown additional number of people who are going to die.

So most people including me are just going along with it - quarantining myself and the family and hoping, if we do get it, it's only a mild case as there are definitely no icu/ventilators available here.

• Like 2
  • Administrator
Dafey
33 minutes ago, JohnSurrey said:

So most people including me are just going along with it - quarantining myself and the family

And you'd be arrested if you went out, right?

wondersailor

I will be entering my 4th week of self imposed isolation tomorrow. We supposed to be in "enhanced" isolation in the Davao area. I look out my window at the street below and I see groups of kids running around playing, no masks. I see adults walking up and down the street, no masks. I see people two up on bikes riding by, no helmets nor masks. I've had 4 delivery guys in 2 days at my gate with only 1 wearing a mask

I ask myself: Am I the only one in this province taking this virus seriously ? I answer myself, probably damn close. And of course I talk to myself, I've been in solo isolation for 3 weeks!

Ah, sorry, I thought this was " How not to stop the spread of COVID-19 virus" forum.

Edited by wondersailor
Add
  • Like 2