• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headshot

• Kahuna

• Dafey

• lamoe

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New Zealand locked down hard. https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/new-zealand-extends-snap-lockdown-covid-spreads-capital Comments following articles on Zerohedge are not moderated except for

This is a follow up to a Post I made regarding my nephew and Partner and child that had covide. He has improved that no oxygen is needed now but it did fall to 90% at one point...The child was on

You act like this is something new...  Talk about what's going on anywhere you like as long as you leave politics out of it. There are thousands of posts on the pandemic that have managed to

Posted Images

smokey

So one state none. Hummm safest plase on earth

lamoe
9 hours ago, RogerDuMond said:

Pneumonia is not something that a healthy person catches. the bacteria that cause pneumonia are present all the time. It is only when a persons immune system is compromised that one of the several bacteria that cause pneumonia can multiply and take hold.

I'm sorry (BTW that's not an apology :lol:), it is something healthy people can catch.

True, most do have impaired (compromised) immune systems from other causes, while a few are just susceptible to that particular bacteria.

https://blog.uvahealth.com/2016/09/28/pneumonia-101-qa/

Getting pneumonia doesn’t necessarily mean that your immune system is weak. Lots of perfectly healthy people get pneumonia.

profits101

Filipino style:  A funeral car with a coffin on top of it goes around in Sagay City, Negros Occidental, with a message for Negrenses to stay at home, or end up in a coffin amid the COVID-19 threat.

Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 10.25.27 AM.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
JohnSurrey

https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/news/nation/732440/philippines-eyes-mass-testing-of-suspected-covid-19-cases-starting-on-april-14/story/

Philippines eyes mass testing of suspected COVID-19 cases starting on April 14

Published April 2, 2020 8:29pm, Updated April 3, 2020 12:14am By JULIA MARI ORNEDO, GMA News

The government is looking to start mass testing persons suspected of having COVID-19 on April 14, the chief implementer of the national action plan against the disease said on Thursday.

Secretary Carlito Galvez made the remark at a briefing in Camp Aguinaldo after the Research Institute on Tropical Medicine accredited several hospitals for COVID-19 testing.

"On the massive testing for PUIs and PUMs, we are also determined to fast-track the accreditation of substantial laboratories so we can start with the mass testing of the PUIs and PUMs," Galvez said.

"We expect that by April 14, we should be able to start massive testing," he added.

Galvez said it was a good sign that the latest number of new cases - 322 - on April 2 was lower than the highest number of new cases in a day -538 -recorded on March 31.

"If you'll see the data, the increase of the new cases has been 322 which is lower than the highest cases that we have last few days ago of 538," Galvez said.

"This is a good sign that we are gaining the battle despite the many tests that we have right now," he added.

Galvez said he was confident there would an increase in recovery in the coming weeks because more than 500 COVID-19 patients were located in the "best hospitals."

Testing centers

Earlier in the day, Health Secretary Francisco Duque III announced that the Western Visayas Medical Center received certification to conduct COVID-19 tests, bringing the total number of accredited laboratories nationwide to eight.

Over 40 more healthcare facilities and laboratories are currently seeking accreditation from the Department of Health (DOH).

Data from the department as of Thursday afternoon show that 4,726 people have been tested for COVID-19. A total of 1,154 have been classified as persons under investigation and 6,321 others are under monitoring.

A total of 1,275 have tested negative for the respiratory disease.

The country’s COVID-19 testing centers have conducted 15,337 tests, including retests and validation, as of Monday.

The DOH thumbed down calls for widespread testing in March because the government was “not yet ready” due to a lack of resources.

15,000 PPEs delivered

Galvez said 15,000 sets of personal protective equipment (PPE) were delivered to various COVID-19 referral facilities earlier on Thursday.

Duque said the initial batch was distributed to the Lung Center of the Philippines, Dr. Jose N. Rodriguez Memorial Hospital, East Avenue Medical Center, AFP Medical Center, San Lazaro Hospital, and Philippine General Hospital.

Some 885,000 more sets are expected to arrive between April 6 and 24.

COVID-19 facilities

Galvez said the government would convert several establishments across Metro Manila into mass quarantine facilities within the next 10 days.

Some of the facilities eyed as isolation centers for COVID-19 patients are the Rizal Complex, World Trade Center, Philippine International Convention Center, and Cultural Center of the Philippines.

Other facilities that will be used by COVID-19 patients are the Quezon City Institute, the Philippine Sports Complex, Duty Free Philippines in Parañaque, Amoranto Sports Complex, Quezon City Memorial Complex, and the Veterans Medical Center Complex.

“We will also deploy three doctors and 50 nurses at the Rizal Memorial Sports Complex coming from the Armed Forces,” Galvez added.

COVID-19 has so far claimed 107 lives and infected over 2,000 people in the Philippines. -NB, GMA News

• Like 1
nothingbutquestions

How to stop spread of the COVID-19 Virus

2 CHOICES:

A, Lockdowns and quarantines to destroy the economy of the world and the lines of distribution until everyone starves to death

B. Do nothing and let everyone get back to work, Que sera, sera!  Those who survive/recover, 99.1% of the world's population, will have their own antibodies.

When everyone is dead or have recovered and have their own antibodies the pandemic is over.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Dafey
54 minutes ago, nothingbutquestions said:

B. Do nothing and let everyone get back to work, Que sera, sera!  Those who survive/recover, 99.1% of the world's population, will have their own antibodies.

except it would be more like 80% of the world's population...the other 20% are in a pile in the corner...don't worry about them just carry on

smokey

Well i have to go with the open sign if its your time its your time 

• Like 1
Edwin
3 hours ago, nothingbutquestions said:

2 CHOICES:

A, Lockdowns and quarantines to destroy the economy of the world and the lines of distribution until everyone starves to death

When everyone is dead or have recovered and have their own antibodies the pandemic is over.

The world's economy can recover faster than you think. Let's save as many people as we can.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
TequilaSunset

Huge over reaction, 80,000 died from the flu in the winter of 2017, no panic, no destruction of economies. H1N1 12k+ with estimates of up to 30k died, no panic. No media fear mongering. This has been hyped ridiculously. I'm 60+, compromised lungs, I flew into the storm in February vis Korea, stayed a month, flew back in a incubator filled with Asians in March, no problems. Wore a mask on the flights only, sanitized hands regularly, didn't touch face. I'm out in public, Walmart's are packed now. Life goes on, sheltering in place is for the timid. Just be smart and don't touch your face. I learned lots working in hospitals doing sterility assurance etc.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 3
Kreole
1 minute ago, TequilaSunset said:

Huge over reaction, 80,000 died from the flu in the winter of 2017, no panic, no destruction of economies. H1N1 12k+ with estimates of up to 30k died, no panic. No media fear mongering. This has been hyped ridiculously. I'm 60+, compromised lungs, I flew into the storm in February vis Korea, stayed a month, flew back in a incubator filled with Asians in March, no problems. Wore a mask on the flights only, sanitized hands regularly, didn't touch face. I'm out in public, Walmart's are packed now. Life goes on, sheltering in place is for the timid. Just be smart and don't touch your face. I learned lots working in hospitals doing sterility assurance etc.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I appreciate you bringing some sanity to this issue.  What this actually represents is the weaponization of  the seasonal flu as a pretext for population control.  The economic and emotional costs will be much higher than the deaths, which are the natural selection process of every seasonal flu. 

• Like 1