COVID-19 Articles, Cases, Discussions, Monitoring, and Questions

Kahuna

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Comparison update from yesterday to now

934,825 total

47,189 deaths

193,989 recoveries

The coronavirus COVID-19 is affecting 203 countries and territories around the world and 2 international conveyances: the Diamond Princess cruise ship harbored in Yokohama, Japan, and the Holland America's MS Zaandam cruise ship. 

Latest Updates

April 1 (GMT)

26109 new cases and 1046 new deaths in the United States"Our country is in the midst of a great national trial, unlike any we have ever faced before. [...] We’re at war with a deadly virus. Success in this fight will require the full absolute measure of our collective strength, love, and devotion. It’s very important. Each of us has the power through our own choices and actions to save American lives and rescue the most vulnerable among us" President Trump said [video] [transcript]

"Following the guidelines for the next 30 days is a matter of life and death" 

“This is going to be one of the roughest 2 or 3 weeks we’ve ever had in our country [...] We’re going to lose thousands of people.”

Projections: 100,000 - 240,000 total deaths in the US from COVID-19 [video segment] (down from 1.5 - 2.2 million deaths without mitigation: social distancing, staying home, washing hands). But if guidelines are followed perfectly by everyone, then the numbers can be lower, or even significantly lower

Assuming full mitigation: peak of 2,214 daily deaths on April 15

Death of a 6-week-old newborn in Connecticut, in the Hartford area [source]  
"This is a virus that attacks our most fragile without mercy. This also stresses the importance of staying home and limiting exposure to other people. Your life and the lives of others could literally depend on it” Governor Lamont said [source]

[source]

2 new deaths in San Marino [source]

79 new cases and 5 new deaths in Argentina [source]

12 new cases and 1 new death in Uruguay, a 61-year-old patient who suffered from multiple previous pathologies [source]

136 new cases and 2 new deaths in Panama [source]

1 new case and 1 new death in El Salvador [source]

101 new cases and 2 new deaths in Greece [source]

1163 new cases and 41 new deaths in Brazil [source]

11 new cases in Barbados [source]

285 new cases and 3 new deaths in Australia [source]

1119 new cases and 13 new deaths in Canada [source]

9 new cases in Venezuela [source]

206 new cases in Japan [source]

456 new cases and 19 new deaths in Ecuador [source]

281 new cases and 8 new deaths in Czechia [source]

6173 new cases and 156 new deaths in Germany [source]

1 new case in Myanmar [source]

1 new case in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines [source]

7 new cases and 1 new death in Guyana [source]

3 new cases and 2 new deaths in Congo [source]

7 new cases in Mayotte [source]

236 new cases and 5 new deaths in Norway [source]

4 new cases in Liechtenstein [source]

6 new cases and 1 new death in Jamaica [source] [source]

1 new case in Angola [source]

1 new case in Guinea-Bissau [source]

531 new cases and 18 new deaths in Austria [source]

11 new cases in Côte d'Ivoire [source]

40 new cases and 2 new deaths in Niger [source]

63 new cases in Afghanistan [source]

734 new cases and 6 new deaths in Israel [source] [source]

7 new cases and 2 new deaths in MS Zaandam [source]

8 new cases in the Cayman Islands [source]

7 new cases and 1 new death in Bahamas [source]

37 new cases and 3 new deaths in Morocco [source]

3 new cases and 2 new deaths in Trinidad and Tobago: an elderly woman with existing medical conditions [source]

4 new cases in Benin [source]

39 new cases in Bosnia and Herzegovina [source]

601 new cases and 23 new deaths in India [source]

243 new cases and 10 new deaths in Poland [source]

258 new cases and 8 new deaths in Peru [source]

159 new cases and 1 new death in Colombia [source]

1163 new cases and 55 new deaths in Switzerland [source]

149 new cases and 3 new deaths in Ukraine [source]

39 new cases in Nigeria [source]

34 new cases and 2 new deaths in Iraq [source]

69 new cases and 6 new deaths in Egypt [source]

11 new cases and 2 new deaths in Guadeloupe

7 new cases in Martinique

28 new cases in Costa Rica [source]

1 new case in Sierra Leone [source]

18 new cases and 1 new death in Mauritius, a 20 years old woman [source]

150 new cases and 2 new deaths in the United Arab Emirates [source]

3 new cases and 1 new death in Sri Lanka [source]

215 new cases and 10 new deaths in Romania: a 54-year old woman, a 63-year-old woman, and an 85-year-old man  [source]

247 new cases and 14 new deaths in Denmark [source]

8 new cases and 1 new death in Isle of Man [source]

54 new cases in Qatar [source]

28 new cases in Kuwait [source]

4861 new cases and 509 new deaths in France [source]

7 new cases in Rwanda [source]

3 new cases in Monaco [source]

12 new cases in Gibraltar [source]

23 new cases and 2 new deaths in Bulgaria, a 57-year-old man and a 40-year-old man who had been admitted to the hospital for Covid19 two days ago and died after a sudden cardiac arrest 

[source] [source]

180 new cases and 1 new death in Pakistan [source]

9 new cases in Uzbekistan [source]

85 new cases in Iceland [source]

21 new cases and 2 new deaths in Burkina Faso [source]

4 new cases in Jordan [source]

2 new cases in Bahrain [source]

29 new cases and 2 new deaths in Tunisia [source]

2148 new cases and 63 new deaths in Turkey [source]

120 new cases and 2 new deaths in Thailand [source]

39 new cases and 1 new death in Armenia [source]

27 new cases in South Africa [source]

212 new cases and 14 new deaths in Ireland [source]

131 new cases and 14 new deaths in Algeria [source]

70 new cases and 1 new death in Moldova [source]

14 new cases in Montenegro [source]

4782 new cases and 727 new deaths in Italy [source]

58 new cases and 1 new death in Cyprus [source]

141 new cases and 6 new deaths in Luxembourg [source]

33 new cases and 4 new deaths in Hungary [source]

25 new cases and 2 new deaths in the Republic of North Macedonia [source]

7 new cases in Georgia [source]

37 new cases and 1 new death in Kazakhstan [source]

34 new cases in Réunion [source]

26 new cases in Cuba [source]

1 new case in Haiti [source] [source]

16 new cases and 2 new deaths in Lebanon [source]

2 new cases in Mozambique [source]

4 new cases in Paraguay [source]

3 new cases in Djibouti [source]

175 new cases and 6 new deaths in the Dominican Republic [source]

37 new cases and 1 new death in Slovakia [source]

293 new cases and 4 new deaths in Chile [source]

74 new cases in Singapore [source]

28 new cases in Finland [source]

14 new cases and 2 new deaths in Andorra [source]

1 new case in the Turks and Caicos Islands [source]

1 new case in the Turks and Caicos Islands [source]

4324 new cases and 563 new deaths in the United Kingdom: including 2 teenagers, a 13-year-old boy, and a 19-year-old man  [source]

160 new cases and 5 new deaths in Serbia [source]

6 new cases in Vietnam [source]

1 new case in Tanzania [source]

157 new cases and 6 new deaths in Saudi Arabia [source]

11 new cases and 1 new death in the DR Congo [source]

31 new cases in Channel Islands [source]

3 new cases in Namibia [source]

22 new cases in Kenya [source]

3 new cases and 1 new death in Mali [source]

96 new cases in Croatia [source]

512 new cases and 59 new deaths in Sweden [source]

2 new cases and 1 new death in Togo [source]

808 new cases and 27 new deaths in Portugal [source]

8 new cases in Guinea [source]

1019 new cases and 134 new deaths in the Netherlands [source]

1 new case in Maldives [source]

10 new cases and 1 new death in Sint Maarten [source]

19 new cases in Malta [source]

61 new cases in Azerbaijan [source]

2 new cases in Brunei Darussalam [source]

40 new cases in Cameroon [source]

15 new cases and 1 new death in Senegal: 1st death [source]

34 new cases and 1 new death in Estonia [source]

16 new cases in Albania [source]

34 new cases in Ghana [source]

11 new cases and 1 new death in Belarus: a 70-year-old woman [source]

2988 new cases and 138 new deaths in Iran [source]

44 new cases in Lithuania [source]

8195 new cases and 923 new deaths in Spain [source]

3 new cases in Liberia [source]

39 new cases in Slovenia [source]

1 new case in Guatemala [source]

50 new cases in China, Hong Kong SAR [source]

1189 new cases and 123 new deaths in Belgium [source]

142 new cases and 2 new deaths in Malaysia [source]

1 new case in Laos [source]

149 new cases and 21 new deaths in Indonesia [source]

15 new cases in the State of Palestine [source]

227 new cases and 8 new deaths in the Philippines [source]

3 new cases in Ethiopia [source]

440 new cases and 7 new deaths in Russia [source]

18 new cases in Oman [source]

7 new cases in Taiwan [source]

4 new cases in Faeroe Islands [source]

48 new cases in Latvia [source]

4 new cases in Kyrgyzstan [source]

3 new cases and 1 new death in Bangladesh [source]

2 new cases in Gabon: a 27-year-old woman who is a doctor and a 54-year-old man who had been in contact with a previously confirmed case [source]

2 new cases in Mongolia [source]

8 new cases and 1 new death in Bolivia [source]

31 new cases and 3 new deaths in Honduras [source]

2 new cases in the Caribbean Netherlands [source]

121 new cases and 1 new death in Mexico [source] [source]

101 new cases and 3 new deaths in South Korea [source]

1 new case in Suriname [source]

61 new cases in New Zealand [source]

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headshot

• Kahuna

• Dafey

• lamoe

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New Zealand locked down hard. https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/new-zealand-extends-snap-lockdown-covid-spreads-capital Comments following articles on Zerohedge are not moderated except for

This is a follow up to a Post I made regarding my nephew and Partner and child that had covide. He has improved that no oxygen is needed now but it did fall to 90% at one point...The child was on

You act like this is something new...  Talk about what's going on anywhere you like as long as you leave politics out of it. There are thousands of posts on the pandemic that have managed to

Posted Images

• Administrator
Salty Dog

• Sad 3
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

• Like 2
lamoe

"Shocking - can't have an attitude like that - common humanity, slam the door, betrayed , etc,"

Would think it was our MSM except for the haircut.

Every other port on Pacific side they tried rejected them but only bashes US for taking same precautions.

Left on the 7th, passed through canal on March 29th , 30th? https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/29/coronavirus-panama-to-allow-cruise-liner-zaandam-through-canal

Why didn't they try to dock in California? Cause Florida was to be their final destination on April 7th and figured we have Americans onboard.  They'll take everyone.

https://www.cruisemapper.com/ships/ms-Zaandam-572

Also sounds like Rotterdam had no passengers - able to take 1,400? but now that ship's passengers are also showing signs..

Without symptoms? (doesn't mean not infected)

US citizens should be removed  under bio-hazard protocols but the ships themselves  should not be allowed to dock - people could be jumping ship if too close to shore.

Even getting the US citizens off the ships would be difficult without causing a riot onboard.

Woolf

Better to follow the curfew, or you might be apprehended

I can not read the article, I have reached some kind of limit

https://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/1851013/Cebu/Local-News/201-apprehended-for-violating-curfew-in-Talisay-City-Cebu

201 apprehended for violating curfew in Talisay City, Cebu

user333

I never said coranavirus was the flu. You may notice three problems when you watch this.

Vox does mention that there are similar symptoms between the two viruses. But did they take the news clips out of context to try to prove a point? What was the context surrounding those interviews? Vox does not list their media sources or dates so the average viewer cannot go and verify that.  

When they talk about US deaths from the flu, they say 60,000 deaths. But instead of comparing US deaths from COVID-19, they jump to global deaths. Why not keep it on an even playing field? My suggestion - 'In the first 3 months  of 2019, 30,000 Americans died of the flu. In the first 3 months of 2020, 5,000 Americans died of COVID-19.' 

Also, Vox's science reporter says "nobody has a natural immunity to it." This is false. This has been repeated often on different news broadcasts, but it is not based on science. See my previous posts about the Japanese showing that in two studies (one of them being the Diamond Princess cruise study), 17% and 30% were immune to COVID-19. What is immunity? "Immunity is the ability to protect oneself from the intrusion of foreign substances by distinguishing oneself from external substances and fighting them." Here is another definitions: "Immunity is a state of resistance of an organism to invading biotic or abiotic pathogens and their harmful effects that prevents the development of infection and maintains organism's integrity by counteracting, neutralizing, and clearing pathogens."

So if a foreign substance enters your body, your immunity is how your body can fight it and conquer it. 

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/03/200317103815.htm

Here is another scientific study. You can read the journal article at the end. A woman from Wuhan had COVID-19 and was able to fight it. "No antibiotics, steroids or antiviral agents were administered."

Another issue I have with them focusing on percentages is, if the sample is small enough, the percentages seem too high. It would be better to include the full data with every statistic: total cases, deaths, and the percentage. MERS is a coronavirus with a case fatality rate of 34% in 2019. Whoa! That's really high! But around 2,500 people had it and there were around 860 deaths. "The World Health Organization estimates that worldwide, annual influenza epidemics result in about 3-5 million cases of severe illness and about 250,000 to 500,000 deaths." On the high end, the global influenza death rate is 10%. What is worse? 34% or 10%? 34% seems higher until you look at the deaths. 860 deaths vs 500,000 deaths. 

• Like 1
lamoe
2 hours ago, Woolf said:

Better to follow the curfew, or you might be apprehended

I can not read the article, I have reached some kind of limit

https://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/1851013/Cebu/Local-News/201-apprehended-for-violating-curfew-in-Talisay-City-Cebu

Not much to it -

April 2, 2020

A TOTAL of 201 persons were apprehended by the Talisay City Police Office for violating the 24-hour curfew implemented in the city.

The said number was recorded within the first three days of the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ), which begun March 30, 2020.

Most of those apprehended were minors. Some were caught playing basketball and were reportedly unaware of the said order and that the city is under an ECQ.

Talisay City Mayor Gerald Anthony “Samsam” Gullas said that residents need to understand that the current Covid-19 pandemic and the measures the city is undertaking are something to be taken seriously.

1 hour ago, user333 said:

My suggestion - 'In the first 3 months  of 2019, 30,000 Americans died of the flu. In the first 3 months of 2020, 5,000 Americans died of COVID-19.' 

This is not correct. The pneumonia death is quite high, but flu deaths are low. Around 300-500 people per week die of flu in the US. COVID19 killed 1000 in one day. First death was March 1, so one month and with all measures taken, without who knows.

https://gis.cdc.gov/grasp/fluview/mortality.html

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
9 hours ago, user333 said:

I never said coranavirus was the flu. You may notice three problems when you watch this.

Vox does mention that there are similar symptoms between the two viruses. But did they take the news clips out of context to try to prove a point? What was the context surrounding those interviews? Vox does not list their media sources or dates so the average viewer cannot go and verify that.  

When they talk about US deaths from the flu, they say 60,000 deaths. But instead of comparing US deaths from COVID-19, they jump to global deaths. Why not keep it on an even playing field? My suggestion - 'In the first 3 months  of 2019, 30,000 Americans died of the flu. In the first 3 months of 2020, 5,000 Americans died of COVID-19.' 

Also, Vox's science reporter says "nobody has a natural immunity to it." This is false. This has been repeated often on different news broadcasts, but it is not based on science. See my previous posts about the Japanese showing that in two studies (one of them being the Diamond Princess cruise study), 17% and 30% were immune to COVID-19. What is immunity? "Immunity is the ability to protect oneself from the intrusion of foreign substances by distinguishing oneself from external substances and fighting them." Here is another definitions: "Immunity is a state of resistance of an organism to invading biotic or abiotic pathogens and their harmful effects that prevents the development of infection and maintains organism's integrity by counteracting, neutralizing, and clearing pathogens."

So if a foreign substance enters your body, your immunity is how your body can fight it and conquer it. 

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/03/200317103815.htm

Here is another scientific study. You can read the journal article at the end. A woman from Wuhan had COVID-19 and was able to fight it. "No antibiotics, steroids or antiviral agents were administered."

Another issue I have with them focusing on percentages is, if the sample is small enough, the percentages seem too high. It would be better to include the full data with every statistic: total cases, deaths, and the percentage. MERS is a coronavirus with a case fatality rate of 34% in 2019. Whoa! That's really high! But around 2,500 people had it and there were around 860 deaths. "The World Health Organization estimates that worldwide, annual influenza epidemics result in about 3-5 million cases of severe illness and about 250,000 to 500,000 deaths." On the high end, the global influenza death rate is 10%. What is worse? 34% or 10%? 34% seems higher until you look at the deaths. 860 deaths vs 500,000 deaths. 

I'm sorry, but not everything we post here is about, or to you. I don't know who you are or what you've been posting. So don't presume to think that my post in anyway is some comeback to whatever you've been ranting about with other members. I could assume your an epidemiologist, but you know what they say about assuming. :rolleyes:

Tear the video apart all you want, but don't imply I accused you of saying something that I didn't. Originally this thread was about the comparison of the flu and the Coronavirus. Hence the reason I posted the video about the comparison. I certainly don't have time to scour the internet looking for supporting documentation or comebacks. My views, of which I don't really have that many on the subject, are "what will be, will be"...:twocents:

By the way. I suggest you take a chill pill...:db:

42f3c297041f68df59c1a3643da43f85.jpg

• Thanks 1
user333
8 hours ago, Cgu said:

This is not correct.

Yes, I see that table now. It was buried beneath this main page.

This was the line on CDC's main website:

"CDC estimates* that, from October 1, 2019, through March 21, 2020, there have been: 

24,000 – 62,000 flu deaths"

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

If pneumonia didn't kill them first, would the influenza virus finish them off? It seems like the CDC is grouping both of those stats together for the main "Influenza Disease Burden" death statistics. Maybe they do that to separate the pneumonia caused by the influenza virus vs pneumonia caused by bacteria or fungi. My point was to have an even comparison. 

My new suggestion - 'In the first 3 months  of 2019, 30,000 Americans died of the influenza related causes. In the first 3 months of 2020, 5,000 Americans died of COVID-19.' 

or

'In March 2020, COVID-19 caused 5,000 American death while influenza related deaths were 14,000.'

user333
1 hour ago, Salty Dog said:

I'm sorry, but not everything we post here is about, or to you. I don't know who you are or what you've been posting. So don't presume to think that my post in anyway is some comeback to whatever you've been ranting about with other members. I could assume your an epidemiologist, but you know what they say about assuming. :rolleyes:

Tear the video apart all you want, but don't imply I accused you of saying something that I didn't. Originally this thread was about the comparison of the flu and the Coronavirus. Hence the reason I posted the video about the comparison. I certainly don't have time to scour the internet looking for supporting documentation or comebacks. My views, of which I don't really have that many on the subject, are "what will be, will be"...:twocents:

By the way. I suggest you take a chill pill...

Apology accepted. This thread is open to all members. I can choose to comment on another member's post or choose not to comment. I chose to comment on your post. I started this thread about deaths from viruses in the Philippines.

All I have to go on is what you posted. The only thing you posted in this thread today was that video with that title. I wanted to make my position clear that the coranavirus is not the flu. Did I say you were trying to make a comeback? Are you presuming things now? 

You said "Originally this thread was about the comparison of the flu and the Coronavirus." If you looked at the title and the rest of my posts within this thread, you would see that your statement is wrong. I have never changed the original purpose of this thread. Originally, this thread was about deaths from viruses in the Philippines. It has not changed. Yes, my first post was included information about influenza, but there have been other posts I've made about the measles, dengue, hepatitis, etc. 

If members post misleading, false, or inaccurate statements or post media sources that include misleading, false, or inaccurate statements, I will challenge that with facts and the truth. Some people believe everything they see and hear. I like to analyze things to filter out what is true and what is false. 

Are you presuming that I need a chill pill? 

• Confused 1
RogerDuMond
22 minutes ago, user333 said:

Maybe they do that to separate the pneumonia caused by the influenza virus vs pneumonia caused by bacteria or fungi.

Pneumonia is not something that a healthy person catches. the bacteria that cause pneumonia are present all the time. It is only when a persons immune system is compromised that one of the several bacteria that cause pneumonia can multiply and take hold.

• Like 2
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
1 hour ago, user333 said:

Apology accepted. This thread is open to all members. I can choose to comment on another member's post or choose not to comment. I chose to comment on your post. I started this thread about deaths from viruses in the Philippines.

All I have to go on is what you posted. The only thing you posted in this thread today was that video with that title. I wanted to make my position clear that the coranavirus is not the flu. Did I say you were trying to make a comeback? Are you presuming things now? 

You said "Originally this thread was about the comparison of the flu and the Coronavirus." If you looked at the title and the rest of my posts within this thread, you would see that your statement is wrong. I have never changed the original purpose of this thread. Originally, this thread was about deaths from viruses in the Philippines. It has not changed. Yes, my first post was included information about influenza, but there have been other posts I've made about the measles, dengue, hepatitis, etc. 

If members post misleading, false, or inaccurate statements or post media sources that include misleading, false, or inaccurate statements, I will challenge that with facts and the truth. Some people believe everything they see and hear. I like to analyze things to filter out what is true and what is false. 

Are you presuming that I need a chill pill? 

686240b5ce03250911af477c86cf35ef--awesome-quotes-really-good-quotes.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, user333 said:

My new suggestion - 'In the first 3 months  of 2019, 30,000 Americans died of the influenza related causes. In the first 3 months of 2020, 5,000 Americans died of COVID-19.' 

First, it would be 6 months for the flu - if you mean an average per year (October through March, inclduing pneumonia). 

With COVID you had around 100 deaths on March 17,  April 1st you had 5000. So in 2 weeks 5000 deaths, with lock down and measures. Without it....and this additional to the flu. Also, hospitalization adds to it ....and much longer than flu...the health care system would collapse (or might).

Kahuna

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Comparison update from yesterday to now

1,013,022 total   [for those of you keeping score at home we've just passed the million mark]

52,975 deaths

212,015 recoveries

The coronavirus COVID-19 is affecting 204 countries and territories around the world and 2 international conveyances: the Diamond Princess cruise ship harbored in Yokohama, Japan, and the Holland America's MS Zaandam cruise ship. 

NOTE:

France today reported 884 additional deaths that have occurred in nursing homes over the past days and weeks [source]. The French Government did not include these deaths in their official count, as their count only takes into consideration deaths of hospitalized patients. Following international standards of correct inclusion, our statistics will include these deaths, and will add them to the April 2, 2020 count following the attribution criteria of date of report.

If and when the French government determines and communicates the correct distribution of these additional deaths over time, we will adjust the historical data accordingly. A similar issue took place on February 12, when China reported an additional 13,332 new cases in a single day due to a change in how cases were diagnosed and reported in Hubei.

Latest Updates

April 2 (GMT)

1164 new cases and 82 new deaths in Brazil [source]

3 new cases in Bahamas [source]

6 new cases in the Cayman Islands [source]

4 new deaths in Argentina [source]

111 new cases and 5 new deaths in Japan [source] [source]

25 new cases and 4 new deaths in the DR Congo [source]

269 new cases and 5 new deaths in Czechia [source]

6813 new cases and 176 new deaths in Germany [source]

1552 new cases and 59 new deaths in Canada [source]

1 new case in Saint Kitts and Nevis [source]

231 new cases and 5 new deaths in Australia [source]

545 new cases and 14 new deaths in India [source] [source] [source]

3 new cases in Jamaica [source]

303 new cases and 7 new deaths in Pakistan [source]

267 new cases and 6 new deaths in Norway [source]

2 new cases in Sint Maarten [source]

74 new cases and 3 new deaths in Bosnia and Herzegovina [source]

7947 new cases and 961 new deaths in Spain [source] [source] [source]

3 new cases in Bermuda [source]

412 new cases and 12 new deaths in Austria [source]

1 new case in the Holy See [source]

1 new case and 1 new death in Libya. An 83-year-old woman is the first confirmed death in Libya [source]

54 new cases and 5 new deaths in Morocco [source]

2116 new cases and 1355 new deaths in France, including 884 fatalities in nursing homes that occurred over a period of several weeks and that were announced only today. NOTE: If and when the French government determines the correct distribution of these additional deaths over time, we will adjust historical data accordingly    [source] [source]

92 new cases and 3 new deaths in Armenia: a 68-year-old person with underlying health issues [source]

4 new cases in Trinidad and Tobago [source]

73 new cases and 1 new death in Cameroon [source]

1 new case in Chad [source]

27 new cases in the State of Palestine [source]

24 new cases in Niger [source]

1 new case in Barbados [source]

3 new cases in Gabon [source]

86 new cases and 6 new deaths in Egypt [source] [source]

278 new cases and 23 new deaths in Romania [source]

1 new case in Zimbabwe [source]

765 new cases and 10 new deaths in Israel [source]

91 new cases and 17 new deaths in Peru [source]