COVID-19 Articles, Cases, Discussions, Monitoring, and Questions

smokey
1 hour ago, Jim_in_Jax said:

We haven't heard from our Barangay officials yet.  We went out today to go get some money from the bank and saw unmanned checkpoints in many places in Barangay Tisa.  We were unable to get money because the bank had closed.  We got there a couple minutes past 2 pm.  We're going to have an issue like someone else mentioned.

I am the only one that can pick up our money transfer from the bank.  I'm the only one that drives.  My wife is the only one that shops.  The store is too far for her to walk in the heat with no public transportation.  We're going out in the morning and see if we can get to the bank at Seaside Mall without encountering a checkpoint that stops us.

In the city you live they are not checking seems or mostly bikes i took my helper to store to send money her family no drama

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headshot

• Kahuna

• Dafey

• lamoe

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New Zealand locked down hard. https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/new-zealand-extends-snap-lockdown-covid-spreads-capital Comments following articles on Zerohedge are not moderated except for

This is a follow up to a Post I made regarding my nephew and Partner and child that had covide. He has improved that no oxygen is needed now but it did fall to 90% at one point...The child was on

You act like this is something new...  Talk about what's going on anywhere you like as long as you leave politics out of it. There are thousands of posts on the pandemic that have managed to

Posted Images

Soupeod
9 hours ago, JohnSurrey said:

Spent some of the best years of my life in Spain - great for golf sand and sea, food, culture and countryside - beautiful place - it's not 3rd world but the tourism and agriculture are seasonal and cover a big unemployment problem there.

Rationing healthcare resources by age used to happen in the UK (until I think they changed the law to stop it) - probably will happen again if they cannot get the ventilators in time... I guess it will happen in the US too.

So what do you do - first come first served, first in first out or last in last out...

The sad part for all of us is it's just like Bill Gates said - we're not prepared and if we (our governments) had only spent a fraction of the amount of money they spend each year on Weapons etc. we would or could have been.

Take the bastards outside and shoot em.

I think it should be like Starship Troopers, if you served your country, you are at the top of the list.:glare:

JohnSurrey
1 minute ago, Soupeod said:

I think it should be like Starship Troopers, if you served your country, you are at the top of the list.:glare:

Sounds good to me - then if there's nothing left you just have to choose whether and who to kick off the piece of kit you need... Old Trooper or young one...

Soupeod
9 hours ago, fivestarph said:

I wonder if one is 65+ and applies whether it would issue a pass?

You mean like Smokey?

• Haha 2
lamoe
1 hour ago, JohnSurrey said:

Sounds good to me - then if there's nothing left you just have to choose whether and who to kick off the piece of kit you need... Old Trooper or young one...

That decision is being made now in Spain and other parts of the world

Extreme Triage. Not if the treatment would save a life, which life has more value.

Although would probably find that the old troopers wouldn't need to be kicked off - they'd go voluntarily - more so than those who never were.  Part of the inherent ethos.

lamoe
2 hours ago, Soupeod said:

You mean like Smokey?

And me

Edwin

We have assholes here in the states that keep going out, too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
smokey

Safer out there now with the counterflowing dip shits not there no j walkers and really great the drunks are stuck at home 

• Haha 2
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
1 minute ago, smokey said:

really great the drunks are stuck at home 

I thought you said you've been going out...:yahoo:

smokey

Well if you have extra share we bought a sack each for family members and less for friends as the wife calls not lucky .. I even got her to skip collecting rent this month on a few rentals she has just carry 1 or 2 kilo sacks of rice in your car you will know when you need to give one up

On 3/28/2020 at 8:23 AM, Paddy said:

I haven’t seen any of that happening here except for the pic of 2000 DSWD food packs arriving at Masbate port a couple of days ago. Plus, the people in this Barangay have no ATM that they can now get to...sigh...

We had a helper who saved and saved had 22.000 peso...... used some sort of local  atm at some sari sari store in negros got wiped out bdo replaced 8.000 of it

• Thanks 2
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

The concept of stocking up food must be particularly hard for many Filipinos who live and shop day by day...

• Like 3
smokey
8 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

I thought you said you've been going out...:yahoo:

You know not everyone has a home to stay in the homeless are easier to find these days

smokey

Correct.  My wife said this to me years ago.          In the philippines you work one day the pay is enough to buy one days food.      In the usa i work one day i can buy food for one week

• Like 2

15 hours ago, JohnSurrey said:

The sad part for all of us is it's just like Bill Gates said - we're not prepared and if we (our governments) had only spent a fraction of the amount of money they spend each year on Weapons etc. we would or could have been.

Most government failed and most said they are prepared and have a plan. It would have been quite simple to prevent this (not to prevent the spreading and lock down, but the shortage). Most (well all) governments knew with certainty by the end of January that something could happen and in a worse scenario the least you can do prepare with information you have.

It was well known that with ANY virus spreading you need PPE, hand sanitizer etc. So they could have easily ramped up production (if they have been prepared as they claim, at least hospitals should not have a shortage)  It would have given us plenty of time (not rushing now and have short supply). Same with toilet paper:D (well there is no shortage) - I do not know why people think there is....

With this particular virus they knew as well that ventilators are needed. The world leaders could have pulled efforts together and I am sure the world would not have a shortage today.

Also, as a precaution they could have started a coordinated effort to start and ramp up medication and vaccine research (and get supply), not wait until mid March.

15 hours ago, JohnSurrey said:

Take the bastards outside and shoot em.

As much as you hate them - never wish them death....the next bastard stand just behind them - there are other measures. 

Paddy
5 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

The concept of stocking up food must be particularly hard for many Filipinos who live and shop day by day...

Quite - so we have carried on putting Family Food Bags together with the help of friends and colleagues (a lot of help!) back in Canada. 340 bags so far and we’re doing more today. 

We have had some government relief supplies arrive here. Not enough for all unfortunately. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1