• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headshot

• Kahuna

• Dafey

• lamoe

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a follow up to a Post I made regarding my nephew and Partner and child that had covide. He has improved that no oxygen is needed now but it did fall to 90% at one point...The child was on

You act like this is something new...  Talk about what's going on anywhere you like as long as you leave politics out of it. There are thousands of posts on the pandemic that have managed to

Feel free to start a topic on Aspirin as a deterrent to blood clots. this thread is Coronavirus Articles, Discussions and Videos

Posted Images

Kahuna

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

The novel coronavirus COVID-19 is affecting 41 countries and territories around the world and 1 international conveyance (the "Diamond Princess" cruise ship harbored in Yokohama, Japan).up 2 more countries from 5 hours ago.

JonnyBravo

Another letter from my brother.

CDC Warns Americans to begin to prepare for Pandemic

The estimated death rates have been revised and jumped considerably. Based on the Worldometer website, the case fatality rate (CFR) in Wuhan is about 5-6%. The world estimated CFR is 9%. So it looks like this pandemic could be as severe as the Spanish Flu of 1918.

The elderly, those with hypertension, heart disease, diabetes, and cancer are at a significantly higher risk of dying.

Given the high numbers of cases with severe infections (about 20%), our healthcare industry will not be able to effectively cope with widespread infections. Details given below:

https://www.statnews.com/2020/02/25/cdc-expects-community-spread-of-coronavirus-as-top-official-warns-disruptions-could-be-severe/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 2
Kahuna

Comparison update from yesterday to now

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

80,996 total

2,763 deaths

30,050 recoveries

The novel coronavirus COVID-19 is affecting 42 countries and territories around the world and 1 international conveyance (the "Diamond Princess" cruise ship harbored in Yokohama, Japan).

Edited by Kahuna
country count went up again
29 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Notice mask being worn at 5:40 - the message is "this will protect you" ?

It will , kinda, sorta, possibly, better than a bra or coffee filter.

Hard to praise China when you're wearing an N-95

Headshot

This report is two weeks old, but it puts into perspective the official infection and death rates in China. It isn't difficult to extend the rate given in this report to come up with likely current numbers. If the 6% reporting has been sustained in China (and there is no reason to believe otherwise), then the real number of deaths due to the Wuhan Coronavirus is likely around 45,250 rather than the 2715 that has been reported.

mikewright

Just checked my travel insurance.

Nasty exclusion clause -

We will not pay for:

claims caused by, or claims arising from, an epidemic, pandemic or outbreak of a contagious disease or any derivative or mutation of such viruses, or the threat or perceived threat of any of these.

:sad_01:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Headshot

Any rise in the Shanghai market is more likely due to the CCP pumping money into it to support prices than it is due to any improvements in the Wuhan Coronavirus situation. It is likely that the CCP is still reporting only a small portion on the numbers of infected and dead. Therefore, any optimism about the outbreak coming to a close is very premature. The CCP will do whatever is necessary to stay in power, and one of the ways they could lose power is if the economy totally tanks. If their representatives' lips are moving, you can assume they are lying.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1