COVID-19 Articles, Cases, Discussions, Monitoring, and Questions

Kahuna

Comparison update from 9 hrs ago and now

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

73258 total

1868 deaths

12,601 recoveries

still climbing totals

The novel coronavirus COVID-19 is affecting 29 countries and territories around the world and 1 international conveyance (the "Diamond Princess" cruise ship currently harbored in Yokohama, Japan).

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headshot

• Kahuna

• Dafey

• lamoe

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a follow up to a Post I made regarding my nephew and Partner and child that had covide. He has improved that no oxygen is needed now but it did fall to 90% at one point...The child was on

Yep, 39% effective against actually getting the Delta variant or showing symptoms. The same study also found the Pfizer vaccine is 88% effective in preventing hospitalisation and 91% effective in

You act like this is something new...  Talk about what's going on anywhere you like as long as you leave politics out of it. There are thousands of posts on the pandemic that have managed to

Posted Images

profits101

Seems like the right location for this thread of items - always one shocker or another in them. There will be a lot almost "all clear" talk at the start of the week here - Macau will reopen, and I think some limited Foxconn starts up again. For now, I just expect a disconnect on all these things:  http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2020/02/escape-from-wuhan-and-other-coronavirus.html

SkyMan

The Worldometer page now has the number of infected on the Diamond Princess at 542 with 88 new cases though it doesn't really say what new is.  Last 24 hours?  19 of the 542 are critical.    How would you handle being trapped in quarantine on that ship.  Maybe you haven't got it yet but those around you dropping like flies.  I'm sure they are kept to their rooms and not on deck partying yet even trapped in your room there are 88 new cases so you're just waiting your turn.

• Thanks 2
Kahuna

Comparison update from 13 hrs ago and now

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

73,435 total

1874 deaths

13,123 recovered

The novel coronavirus COVID-19 is affecting 29 countries and territories around the world and 1 international conveyance (the "Diamond Princess" cruise ship currently harbored in Yokohama, Japan).

The bulk of China's new cases and deaths are reported after 22:00 GMT (5:00 PM ET) for Hubei (lately with delays of up to 2 hours), and after 00:00 GMT (7:00 PM ET) for the rest of China (lately with delays of up to 9 hours).

• Like 2
Headshot

We will never know the real numbers, but both infections and deaths are PROBABLY an order of magnitude higher than they are admitting to (just from the evidence coming out of China). The recovery numbers are probably accurate (if not inflated).

• Thanks 1
Kahuna

Yes..even with W.H.O. there now looking over things China isn't going to spill the beans.  What's posted in numbers is the most "official" I'l go with here since there are numerous U-tuber bloggers throwing out alot of speculating without substantive knowledge and sensational headlining to garner clicks.   The vids you post in this thread are mostly by real medical people who do use what they know and hear about this to break it down in plain talk so people to learn and judge for themselves and I do appreciate those alot.    Thank you!

Edited by Kahuna
deleted mistake
  • Like 1
Kahuna

As coronavirus outbreak continues to batter China, the country's central bank has implemented a new strategy to contain the virus -- deep cleaning and destroying potentially infected cash. The new measures, announced by the People's Bank of China, aims to contain the spread of the virus which has infected more than 71,000 people globally and killed over 1,700. All Chinese banks must now literally launder their cash, disinfecting it with ultraviolet light and high temperatures, then storing it for seven to 14 days before releasing it to customers. And in the central bank's Guangzhou branch, these high-risk banknotes may be destroyed instead of merely disinfected, according to state-run Global Times.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/17/asia/china-is-disinfecting-cash-coronavirus-intl-hnk-scli/index.html

• Like 1
wondersailor
4 hours ago, SkyMan said:

The Worldometer page now has the number of infected on the Diamond Princess at 542 with 88 new cases though it doesn't really say what new is.  Last 24 hours?  19 of the 542 are critical.    How would you handle being trapped in quarantine on that ship.  Maybe you haven't got it yet but those around you dropping like flies.  I'm sure they are kept to their rooms and not on deck partying yet even trapped in your room there are 88 new cases so you're just waiting your turn.

Has to be spreading somehow. By food, water or, my guess, by ventilation system.

wondersailor

39 days since the US has made the offer to China to send in the CDC and no response. Something's up.

Kahuna
50 minutes ago, wondersailor said:

Has to be spreading somehow. By food, water or, my guess, by ventilation system.

They need food delivered to each room they are kept in?   I don't know how they are fed..:scratch_head:     

45 minutes ago, wondersailor said:

39 days since the US has made the offer to China to send in the CDC and no response. Something's up.

W.H.O. just got in there recently.  I doubt China will let CDC in tho.. 

yesterdays WHO conference

Right now there is a live version of today's conference.

Edited by Kahuna
info added