Jump to content

COVID-19 Articles, Cases, Discussions, Monitoring, and Questions


Recommended Posts

lamoe
On 1/12/2022 at 6:09 AM, Edwin said:

CNN reports Covid hospitalizations are at a record high. What they don't tell you is that most people in the hospital with Covid went in for something else, not Covid. 

I'd like to catch Covid now while we have a mild variant to get it over with and build some immunity that the vaccines don't give.

Our governments should never have spent one cent on this pandemic. ALL the trillions of dollars were wasted and accomplished nothing. We will be paying for it for generations.

Correct about the hospitalizations.  However since everyone admitted is tested it is a good indication of how  prevalent it is in the general population. And, of those who are there due strictly due to the virus, un-vaxed outnumber the vaxed by as much as 20 to 1.

Unfortunately, the present strains are no guarantee of immunity from the  mutations that will appear later this year, next and thereafter.

"Influenza strains mutate every year, making last year’s vaccinations less effective. It’s important to get your yearly vaccination to decrease your risk for the flu."

We've been utilizing vaccines to fight Chinese viruses for over 80 years, the first verifiable one in the US from China was in 1918

Quote

 

https://www.healthline.com/health/worst-disease-outbreaks-history#polio

1918: H1N1 flu

H1N1 is a strain of flu that still circulates the globe annually.

In 1918, it was the type of flu behind the influenza pandemic, sometimes called the Spanish flu (though it didn’t actually from come Spain).

After World War I, cases of the flu slowly declined. None of the suggestions provided at the time (wearing masks, drinking coal oil) were effective cures. Today’s treatments include bed rest, fluids, and antiviral medications.

Now: Influenza strains mutate every year, making last year’s vaccinations less effective. It’s important to get your yearly vaccination to decrease your risk for the flu.

 

 

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Headshot

    445

  • Kahuna

    327

  • Dafey

    165

  • lamoe

    160

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a follow-up to Salty's post on Boston University's experiment ... It comes very close to saying that the original SARS-COV2 virus was created in the Wuhan lab and allowed to escape.

Nih bioethics is not a company.  Got it?  Bioethics is a department within the nih.   Fauci heads a separate department.  Got it? Nih doesnt approve drugs for the fda.  Got it?  Drug testing is done b

From an on line Senior's website which I'm a Member  https://www.yourlifechoices.com.au/health/covid19/glasses-cut-covid-infections-study? This although not conclusive I found interesting as

Posted Images

"Safe and effective!" :rofl:
 

Quote

 

Fully boosted Individuals have the highest rates of COVID cases per 100K in Ontario. Nearly double the rate for unvaccinated and even more than just partly dosed individuals. https://covid-19.ontario.ca/data

oCZ6IOm.png

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
cookie47
15 hours ago, lamoe said:

What they don't tell you is that most people in the hospital with Covid went in for something else, not Covid. 

So true…. Back in the 80s it was common knowledge that entering Darwin Hospital for "something "you would get infected with celulitis (strepacocol or a variant ). A friend of mine went in for day surgery  and got an infection. 

After rounds of antibiotics (with no success they amputated his lower leg…. .I TRY….to keep away from hospitals unless life threatening….. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
mikewright
5 hours ago, Fresh said:

"Safe and effective!" :rofl:
 

Quote

 

Fully boosted Individuals have the highest rates of COVID cases per 100K in Ontario. Nearly double the rate for unvaccinated and even more than just partly dosed individuals. https://covid-19.ontario.ca/data

oCZ6IOm.png

 

 

Thanks for sharing that information, really great when the source of the data is provided. Not sure why you think the data is relevant the safety of vaccines, couldn't see that covered in the report you posted, but it certainly shows the effectiveness of the vaccines and of the booster shots.

It would be interesting to see the reasons for why overall there is a higher rate of infection amongst those with booster shots, as shown in your graph. I haven't seen any research on this, and I haven't heard anyone suggesting that this is a physical effect of the booster. I saw one article suggesting this was because some, particularly younger people, might tend to let their guard down a bit once vaccinated; another suggested that as so many have had a covid infection by now which went unreported that there would be a lot of natural immunity out there amongst the unvaccinated, but who knows? No doubt there would be ongoing research into this at the moment.

The same graph you provided also shows the infection rate for the over 60s, which may be of relevance to some here. You can see that those not fully vaccinated have more than 10 times the infection rate than the fully vaccinated or those with booster shots.

Quote

image.thumb.png.258d47032e81a11661ffc640cec9491f.png

 

The next graph from the same source gives you an idea of the effectiveness of the vaccines in preventing death:

Quote

image.thumb.png.5ffbbbd1c396b737cebd3e3c9427e8a1.png

You can see that back in the beginning of March the death rate amongst those not fully vaccinated was around three times higher than those than those with fully vaccinated or who had booster shots. By the end of the month the death rate in all categories had declined significantly, but there is still a significant gap. 

That's over all age groups. If you go to the over 60s in the graph, again probably relevant to a few of us here, the difference is even more stark. The death rate among those over 60 who were not fully vaccinated was more than 20 times that of the fully vaccinated or those with booster shots at the beginning of the month . Death rates have fallen significant over the month, but the death rate amongst those over 60 not fully vaccinated is more that than 10 times that of the fully vaccinated or those with booster shots.

Quote

image.thumb.png.4afb15e1deea2ddbfd069934fa008fc1.png

Anyway, thanks again for providing the data, an interesting source.
:thumbsup:
 

image.png

Edited by mikewright
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Headshot
1 hour ago, mikewright said:

image.png

Mike, by your own statistics (at least in Ontario), it shows that the death rate for even those over 60 (the worst hit group) is presently only one out of ten thousand at worst (unvaccinated). It also shows that:

1) the death rate (by percentage) for unvaccinated has dropped significantly as the Omicron variant becomes dominant to where it is approaching the death rates for vaccinated and those with boosters,

2) that there is no statistical advantage to getting the booster or not, and

3) in every other age range, the statistical difference between vaccinated and unvaccinated is not significant, bringing into question the need for vaccination.

Is this death rate really significant enough to shut down the world (economy, government and education) and take away everybody's right to choose (as well as removing their freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom to assemble and pretty much every other "right" you could think to include? I don't think so ... and yet this has been done all over the world by left-leaning governments. I'm not really a conspiracy theorist, but one might think this whole pandemic was a concerted effort to change the world from free thinking to submissive (do whatever the "authorities" say you should).

BTW, were you in high school debate? When I read your posts, I remember the extensive files my older daughters kept for debate. They said that for every argument, you can always find a counter-argument (whether or not it actually refutes what was said by the other person).

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
lamoe

From the source, the compilers lumped no vax at all in with those who have had a dose(s).  This definitely lowered the total "not fully vaxed" result. There should have been 4 categories not 3.
 

Quote

 

Not fully vaccinated cases

 Number of cases where:

people did not have any vaccine dose

symptoms started after receiving the first dose of a 2-dose COVID-19 vaccine

symptoms started between 0 and less than 14 days after receiving the first dose of a single-dose vaccine series (for example, Janssen)

symptoms started between 0 and less than 14 days after receiving the second dose of a 2-dose vaccine series.

 

 

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mikewright said:

No doubt there would be ongoing research into this at the moment.

Yeah who would doubt they want the truth to come out about their experiments, I mean it's only been two years.

:rofl:

Back to reality:

Quote

“if the 20% 10-year mortality rate for mycarditis holds true of these boys, then the COVID vaccines will over the next ten years cause the death of approximately 14 per million boys aged 12-15 and approximately 21 per million boys aged 16-17. This conclusion is alarming to a degree impossible to overstate. It means that while the COVID vaccines can at most save the lives of 2 children of all ages per million (because only 2 children per million die from COVID), those vaccines may at the same time cause within ten years the deaths of 14 per million 12- to 15-year-old boys and 21 per million 16- to 17-year-old boys." - https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/pfizer-shot-teens-less-effective-omicron-study/

 

 

 

 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
mikewright
5 hours ago, Headshot said:

Mike, by your own statistics (at least in Ontario), it shows that the death rate for even those over 60 (the worst hit group) is presently only one out of ten thousand at worst (unvaccinated).

Bill, not my statistics, these were the statistics provided by @Fresh. But yes, it does show that in Ontario the current daily death rate has dropped considerably, down to several hundred deaths a week I think the current figure is.  But you still have a 10 times greater fatality rate amongst the unvaccinated according to the latest figures, and who knows where they will be in a month or two and in other parts of the world with the new variants emerging?

5 hours ago, Headshot said:

It also shows that:

1) the death rate (by percentage) for unvaccinated has dropped significantly as the Omicron variant becomes dominant to where it is approaching the death rates for vaccinated and those with boosters,

Yes and no. Yes, it shows the death rate in Ontario in the three classes of people dropped considerably last month. No, the rates are not almost the same. It shows that in Ontario you currently have a ten times greater chance of dying if you are over 60 and not fully vaccinated or haven’t had a booster shot. A month ago it was a twenty times greater chance. Look at the rates again, .97 per 100,000 people per day for those not fully vaccinated, compared to .07 or .08 for the fully vaccinated or with booster. In actual numbers in Ontario, not a lot of people compared to in January, but if those figures are replicated around the world the numbers would be very significant.

5 hours ago, Headshot said:

2) that there is no statistical advantage to getting the booster or not,

See above.  According to @Fresh’s figures, there is currently a ten-fold advantage, at least in Ontario, for those over 60 who have had the booster.

5 hours ago, Headshot said:

3) in every other age range, the statistical difference between vaccinated and unvaccinated is not significant, bringing into question the need for vaccination.

Depends what you class as significant. In Fresh’s figures, those not fully vaccinated had twice the death rate of the fully vaccinated, over all age ranges. Very significant if the figures are replicated world wide.

5 hours ago, Headshot said:

Is this death rate really significant enough to shut down the world (economy, government and education) and take away everybody's right to choose (as well as removing their freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom to assemble and pretty much every other "right" you could think to include? I don't think so ...

Fair comment, everyone has their own opinion on how the governments and health authorities have handled the pandemic to date, that's your take. Others might look at how many lives have been saved to date by the health measures put in place and come to a different conclusion.

5 hours ago, Headshot said:

and yet this has been done all over the world by left-leaning governments. I'm not really a conspiracy theorist, but one might think this whole pandemic was a concerted effort to change the world from free thinking to submissive (do whatever the "authorities" say you should).

This has been done all over the world by governments of all persuasions, left, right, dictatorships, fascists, communists, democracies, theocracies, kingdoms, etc. I’m not a conspiracy theorist either, and don’t believe that there is a global conspiracy by the governments of most of the countries in the world and all their scientists and health authorities and their own experts in the field to mislead all their people in a plot to dominate the world.

5 hours ago, Headshot said:

BTW, were you in high school debate? When I read your posts, I remember the extensive files my older daughters kept for debate. They said that for every argument, you can always find a counter-argument (whether or not it actually refutes what was said by the other person).

We weren’t taught that. I suppose you could counter-argue that the earth is flat if you wanted to, but I suspect it would be hard to back up such an argument with fact.  We were taught how to use logic in an argument, how to verify your position with fact,  how to distinguish fact from fiction, and how to recognise reliable sources of information. At least, I hope we were :mellow:.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
mikewright
5 hours ago, Fresh said:

“if the 20% 10-year mortality rate for mycarditis holds true of these boys, then the COVID vaccines will over the next ten years cause the death of approximately 14 per million boys aged 12-15 and approximately 21 per million boys aged 16-17.

Do you really believe that your government and health authorities would allow the deaths of 35 million kids over the next ten years if this were true? And all the other countries in the world are just going along with this? Really?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, lamoe said:

Same ones as those who are against ANY vaccinations of school children? 

Besides the part where they're against an experimental gene therapy that never went through clinical trial process due to 'emergency' propaganda?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Soupeod
12 hours ago, mikewright said:

Thanks for sharing that information, really great when the source of the data is provided. Not sure why you think the data is relevant the safety of vaccines, couldn't see that covered in the report you posted, but it certainly shows the effectiveness of the vaccines and of the booster shots.

It would be interesting to see the reasons for why overall there is a higher rate of infection amongst those with booster shots, as shown in your graph. I haven't seen any research on this, and I haven't heard anyone suggesting that this is a physical effect of the booster. I saw one article suggesting this was because some, particularly younger people, might tend to let their guard down a bit once vaccinated; another suggested that as so many have had a covid infection by now which went unreported that there would be a lot of natural immunity out there amongst the unvaccinated, but who knows? No doubt there would be ongoing research into this at the moment.

The same graph you provided also shows the infection rate for the over 60s, which may be of relevance to some here. You can see that those not fully vaccinated have more than 10 times the infection rate than the fully vaccinated or those with booster shots.

The next graph from the same source gives you an idea of the effectiveness of the vaccines in preventing death:

You can see that back in the beginning of March the death rate amongst those not fully vaccinated was around three times higher than those than those with fully vaccinated or who had booster shots. By the end of the month the death rate in all categories had declined significantly, but there is still a significant gap. 

That's over all age groups. If you go to the over 60s in the graph, again probably relevant to a few of us here, the difference is even more stark. The death rate among those over 60 who were not fully vaccinated was more than 20 times that of the fully vaccinated or those with booster shots at the beginning of the month . Death rates have fallen significant over the month, but the death rate amongst those over 60 not fully vaccinated is more that than 10 times that of the fully vaccinated or those with booster shots.

Anyway, thanks again for providing the data, an interesting source.
:thumbsup:
 

image.png

Spot on again! 😅😂😂🤣

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Soupeod
5 hours ago, mikewright said:

This has been done all over the world by governments of all persuasions, left, right, dictatorships, fascists, communists, democracies, theocracies, kingdoms, etc. I’m not a conspiracy theorist either, and don’t believe that there is a global conspiracy by the governments of most of the countries in the world and all their scientists and health authorities and their own experts in the field to mislead all their people in a plot to dominate the world.

That’s probably the next X-Files show! 😅

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
mikewright

The hospital costs here if you have covid seem very high. One guy I know had two days in hospital here, the cost was 300,000 pesos, another with his young son 500,000 pesos for several days. Is this standard?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
51 minutes ago, mikewright said:

The hospital costs here if you have covid seem very high. One guy I know had two days in hospital here, the cost was 300,000 pesos, another with his young son 500,000 pesos for several days. Is this standard?

Seems high. 

It's been awhile, but I was in the hospital for over a month (not Covid related) and not counting the expensive drug I needed, I paid less than P400k.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..

Capture.JPG

I Understand...