COVID-19 Articles, Cases, Discussions, Monitoring, and Questions

SkyMan
On 11/13/2021 at 9:28 AM, lamoe said:

Austrian brothel offering free entry, private sessions for those who get vaccinated on-site

"Boys as young as 14 are permitted to use the clinic if they are accompanied by an adult" - Where do you want to go for your 14th birthday son? DUUUUH

So now there's probably some proof you have if you've been vaccinated but how do they know if you haven't been vaccinated yet? And how many jabs can the average person stand?

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 1
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headshot

• Kahuna

• Dafey

• lamoe

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New Zealand locked down hard. https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/new-zealand-extends-snap-lockdown-covid-spreads-capital Comments following articles on Zerohedge are not moderated except for

This is a follow up to a Post I made regarding my nephew and Partner and child that had covide. He has improved that no oxygen is needed now but it did fall to 90% at one point...The child was on

You act like this is something new...  Talk about what's going on anywhere you like as long as you leave politics out of it. There are thousands of posts on the pandemic that have managed to

Posted Images

DeedleNuts

History will have a good laugh at most of this covid-reaction-foolishness but for those of us in the middle of it ... not so funny all the time. 

I'm fully vaccinated but the vaccine mandates we have in place here now are pretty onerous. 

• Like 1
BossHog
On 11/20/2021 at 10:40 PM, DeedleNuts said:

the vaccine mandates we have in place here now are pretty onerous. 

You think it onerous in the States? Wait until you get here. Government overreach is out of control.

• Like 5
DeedleNuts
On 11/21/2021 at 10:45 AM, BossHog said:

You think it onerous in the States? Wait until you get here. Government overreach is out of control.

Are people required to be vaccinated or file for an exemption there?

Let me tell you what *I* mean by onerous. But first let's be clear; I'm not anti-vax - I got vaccinated as soon as I could and I will get a booster when I have time. 

I worked from a home office for a considerable time BEFORE covid was a thing, and I have continued to do so. At this point, not only have I never met an co-worker in person, I've not even been in the same STATE as any of my present co-workers and it's not even certain I ever will be. 

Nonetheless, the government has determined that as an employee of a defense subcontractor, I must be vaccinated to continue my employment. This is an excuse to make a political play, and while, like seatbelt and motorcycle helmet laws, it is something I did and would do anyway, mandating adult behavior in this manner is morally wrong. 

It pisses me off and I bet it motivates some people who have a less well developed sense of self preservation than I to actually not get vaccinated. Counter-productive. Well done them. 

In other news, my VISA application is proceeding well - time will tell on that. I won't say it worked until I can crow from Manila. 

• Like 1
BossHog
7 hours ago, DeedleNuts said:

Let me tell you what *I* mean by onerous.

Understood that you were referring to vaccine mandates. I'm talking more about government intrusion into daily life and especially freedom of movement. Having to get a Covid test for a one-hour boat ride feels oppressive. Having the cops confront and fine you for not having a face shield on when you're alone in a rice field 500 meters away from another soul is oppressive. Having to go to the mayor's house to get a signed travel pass just to go grocery shopping is draconian.

Students from kindy to university not being able to attend classes for almost two years now is absurd, they are suffering badly, and this will have long-term effects. Shutting down the entire tourism industry has left a lot of people in dire financial straits. I'm not a senior but they got arbitrarily singled out for restrictions for no real reason. Like I said, way too much overreach going on.

The absurdity of saying one week that nobody from Bermuda is allowed in at all and the next week they single out the Faroe Islands is just risible. This list of insanities could go on much longer but you get the idea.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

He makes persuasive arguments. But his dreams of Armageddon never quite materialize. Glad I didn’t heed his advice to buy gold, hide in a bunker, and eat MRE’s. I think he is mostly selling books and videos to the rubes. 

• Like 2
Soupeod
8 hours ago, BossHog said:

Understood that you were referring to vaccine mandates. I'm talking more about government intrusion into daily life and especially freedom of movement. Having to get a Covid test for a one-hour boat ride feels oppressive. Having the cops confront and fine you for not having a face shield on when you're alone in a rice field 500 meters away from another soul is oppressive. Having to go to the mayor's house to get a signed travel pass just to go grocery shopping is draconian.

Students from kindy to university not being able to attend classes for almost two years now is absurd, they are suffering badly, and this will have long-term effects. Shutting down the entire tourism industry has left a lot of people in dire financial straits. I'm not a senior but they got arbitrarily singled out for restrictions for no real reason. Like I said, way too much overreach going on.

The absurdity of saying one week that nobody from Bermuda is allowed in at all and the next week they single out the Faroe Islands is just risible. This list of insanities could go on much longer but you get the idea.

Well said Amigo!

• Like 1
cookie47

I'm posting this as an infomercial Only to convey other countries current situation. (Hopefully correct)....

• Like 1
Headshot

Regardless of whether you get vaccinated or get the disease, you will never be completely immune (long-term) to this virus. It is a coronavirus, just like the virus that causes the common cold. The virus morphs quickly to avoid immune responses, and your body's immunity (from vaccination or infection) disappears quickly as well. Just like the cold, this virus will now always be with us. Yes, I know this virus is much more serious than catching a cold, but they are the same type of virus. There will NEVER be herd immunity ... any more than there will ever be herd immunity to the common cold.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
cookie47
1 hour ago, Headshot said:

NEVER be herd immunity ... any more than there will ever be herd immunity to the common cold.

Yep,The British had a facility in Salisbury for over 40 years trying to find a cure for the common cold..

Ive posted this as I was aware of this.....

Why thousands went on holiday to the Common Cold Unit

For 40 years, a special British institution tried to find a cure for the common cold.

The Common Cold Unit in Salisbury relied on thousands of volunteers willing to be infected with a cold virus.

Given food, accommodation and some pocket money, many regarded it as a holiday and came back year after year.

Witness History spoke to eminent virologist, Prof Nigel Dimmock, who worked at the Common Cold Unit in the 1960s.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/stories-48923865

Edited by cookie47
Added URL
  • Like 1
SkyMan
3 hours ago, cookie47 said:

Yep,The British had a facility in Salisbury for over 40 years trying to find a cure for the common cold..

Kind of amazing that the Brits couldn't do it 40 years while 7? different labs were basically able to do just that in a few months? 

• Haha 1
Soupeod
3 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Kind of amazing that the Brits couldn't do it 40 years while 7? different labs were basically able to do just that in a few months? 

I don’t know about the Brits but I already posted an article from a university that said a certain lady and others had already been researching this type of virus for 40+/- years and that’s why they were able to make the vaccines quickly.

The article you missed is buried in here on Linc somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

More people have been killed by Alec Baldwin than by Omicron...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3