COVID-19 Articles, Cases, Discussions, Monitoring, and Questions

jaybee747
23 minutes ago, Edwin said:

It was a joke. Not surprised you didn't catch it.

Ok, you are right, you win, silly me... have a nice day.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headshot

• Kahuna

• Dafey

• lamoe

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New Zealand locked down hard. https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/new-zealand-extends-snap-lockdown-covid-spreads-capital Comments following articles on Zerohedge are not moderated except for

This is a follow up to a Post I made regarding my nephew and Partner and child that had covide. He has improved that no oxygen is needed now but it did fall to 90% at one point...The child was on

You act like this is something new...  Talk about what's going on anywhere you like as long as you leave politics out of it. There are thousands of posts on the pandemic that have managed to

Posted Images

DeedleNuts
2 hours ago, Soupeod said:

If you don’t wear a seatbelt, who cares.  Seatbelts law is totally different than you not wearing a mask and infecting others. 

The analogy was regarding getting vaccinated. 

Try to keep up :P

HeyMike

I remember when I was a kid I took some sugar cubes with a polio vaccine on them.

i guess after taking the vaccine and I came in contact with a person with polio, I could expect to get polio also, just not as bad, correct? Just a little case of polio.

I mean, that is what we are to expect from our vaccines, right? Not get immunity from them, just not get a disease as bad as the unvaxxed. 

Something just does not seem right about that. It seems to me that the vaccines are not a vaccine at all.

• Like 1
Soupeod
5 hours ago, DeedleNuts said:

The analogy was regarding getting vaccinated. 

Try to keep up :P

You spout off anti-mandate stuff every time you post…. Good try again, once you have been proven wrong by at least a half dozen members…. Still trying to deflect and make excuses 😂

DeedleNuts
5 hours ago, Soupeod said:

You spout off anti-mandate stuff every time you post

Except the one you actually QUOTED. The seatbelt analogy was regarding vaccination (but I repeat myself) not mask wearing. To complain the vaccination analogy doesn't make sense for mask wearing is ... an interesting observation for a person to dream up, don'tchathink?

That's what I'm saying. 

5 hours ago, Soupeod said:

have been proven wrong

Disagreement, or even consensus, is not proof. 

DeedleNuts

If we want a car analogy for masking, that's more like requiring me to strap a mattress on the front of my car, covering my bumper and windshield, so that those who won't wear their seatbelts won't be as likely to be injured when they run into me and are ejected into the front of my car. 

The mental image even sort of looks like a mask for a car. 

• Like 1
A_Simple_Man
7 hours ago, HeyMike said:

It seems to me that the vaccines are not a vaccine at all.

The Covid vaccine was designed for the original infection, correct?  Are you seeing any original infections killing people these days?  Or did it work.

Now we have Delta Variant.  Fortunately, those who took the original vaccine have some degree of protection against the Delta Variant.  It could be worse.  I wish it was better.

You can use the vehicle (vaccine) that is available to you, or you could sit on the fence like an old hayseed watching the original Model T go by saying "I could go faster on a horse."  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
HeyMike
2 minutes ago, A_Simple_Man said:

The Covid vaccine was designed for the original infection, correct?  Are you seeing any original infections killing people these days?  Or did it work.

Now we have Delta Variant.  Fortunately, those who took the original vaccine have some degree of protection against the Delta Variant.  It could be worse.  I wish it was better.

You can use the vehicle (vaccine) that is available to you, or you could sit on the fence like an old hayseed watching the original Model T go by saying "I could go faster on a horse."  

Or you can use one of the other alternatives other than an experimental drug.

Are people being killed by the original infection? All I know is what the media tells me.

• Like 2
Soupeod
28 minutes ago, HeyMike said:

experimental drug.

You keep repeating yourself again and again, phizer was approved as I already posted.

So your experimental drug is…?

So many generalizations from you just about every post.

• Thanks 1
DeedleNuts
34 minutes ago, Soupeod said:

phizer was approved

Moderna soon, and they put in for approval for the booster

• Thanks 1
HeyMike
8 hours ago, Soupeod said:

You keep repeating yourself again and again, phizer was approved as I already posted.

So your experimental drug is…?

So many generalizations from you just about every post.

So the FDA gave it's full green light on the vaccine.

Fantastic.

The FDA revoked their approval of alternative drugs that were tested and safe and being successfully used by doctors in treating covid-19.

I do not trust any government agency concerning covid-19.

You got the vaccine... good, more power to you.  

• Like 2
  • Administrator
Dafey

Awesome, great!

Anybody have anything new?

DeedleNuts
16 minutes ago, Dafey said:

Awesome, great!

Moderna applying for two approvals was a few days ago - that's the newest I have, and it's already mentioned. 

• Like 2
jaybee747
1 hour ago, Dafey said:

No, I don't but I have something from 2015, maybe it can explain what is going on today with vaccines.

"Why it took the FDA nearly 40 years to ban trans fats

The lag between science and policy on trans fats is a fascinating case study in the weird world of health policy-making — and how scientists and industry lobbyists can inadvertently collude to cause unnecessary disease and death."

https://www.vox.com/2015/6/17/8793937/why-fda-banned-trans-fats

Edited by jaybee747
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Administrator
Dafey
2 hours ago, Dafey said:

Awesome, great!

Sorry I asked...

• Haha 5