Jump to content

COVID-19 Articles, Cases, Discussions, Monitoring, and Questions


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Headshot

    428

  • Kahuna

    303

  • Dafey

    165

  • lamoe

    156

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You act like this is something new...  Talk about what's going on anywhere you like as long as you leave politics out of it. There are thousands of posts on the pandemic that have managed to

This is a follow up to a Post I made regarding my nephew and Partner and child that had covide. He has improved that no oxygen is needed now but it did fall to 90% at one point...The child was on

From an on line Senior's website which I'm a Member  https://www.yourlifechoices.com.au/health/covid19/glasses-cut-covid-infections-study? This although not conclusive I found interesting as

Posted Images

profits101

It seems almost everyday there is some kind of very shocking item that gets posted. The first time for me was when I saw loaders and bulldozers used to create an earthen blockade on a normal looking road. Today's is someone welding the doors shut of an apartment house? 

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2020/02/top-10-coronaviruschina-tweets-from_6.html

Long $GILD calls, as there HIV work is being used as the basis for treatment/vaccine. 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan
1 hour ago, profits101 said:

It seems almost everyday there is some kind of very shocking item that gets posted. The first time for me was when I saw loaders and bulldozers used to create an earthen blockade on a normal looking road. Today's is someone welding the doors shut of an apartment house? 

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2020/02/top-10-coronaviruschina-tweets-from_6.html

Long $GILD calls, as there HIV work is being used as the basis for treatment/vaccine. 

 

The things we're seeing are far and away extreme for the 600+ dead that's being reported in my opinion.  The massive hospitals being built overnight, the quarantining of huge cities, the chanting from windows.  I don't think these things would happen if it was just lots of people getting sick but then getting better.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Headshot
28 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

The things we're seeing are far and away extreme for the 600+ dead that's being reported in my opinion.  The massive hospitals being built overnight, the quarantining of huge cities, the chanting from windows.  I don't think these things would happen if it was just lots of people getting sick but then getting better.

...which is exactly why, when stories come out about the numbers being 10 or even 100 times bigger than those being reported, they ring truer than the stories the CCP is spewing. Why would they create numerous hospitals and makeshift hospitals that can house tens or hundreds of thousands of patients, if there are only hundreds of patients coming in? The Chinese government's story doesn't stand up to any critical thinking. Maybe the numbers they are releasing now were the actual numbers back in late November and December when this epidemic first started.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Why would they create numerous hospitals and makeshift hospitals that can house tens or hundreds of thousands of patients

Well first off there are thousands of infected. Secondly, the existing hospitals are used for the "regular" cases and I am sure these are nearly always at 80% full without any virus. Also, it might be good to separate the 2, it is rather sensible.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan
On 2/6/2020 at 2:53 AM, SkyMan said:
Quote

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-51409800?fbclid=IwAR3r57VCSOk5eaNWasV27gPfHP79k91H4E8_08kTRnRIE1DmIdC-NXGd9zk

Coronavirus: Dozens more catch virus on quarantined cruise ship

Another 41 people on a cruise ship off the coast of Japan have tested positive for the new coronavirus, bringing the total number of cases on board to 61.

Some 3,700 people are on board the Diamond Princess, which is quarantined in Yokohama for at least two weeks.

The checks began after an 80-year-old Hong Kong man who had been on the ship last month fell ill with the virus.

He boarded the cruise ship in Yokohama on 20 January and disembarked in Hong Kong on 25 January.

A separate cruise ship - the World Dream - has been quarantined in Hong Kong after eight former passengers caught the virus.

It has around 3,600 people on board, but none have tested positive so far.

The new cases on the Diamond Princess bring Japan's number of confirmed cases to 86, the second highest figure after China.

"The results of the remaining 171 tests came out and 41 tested positive," Japan's Health Minister Katsunobu Kato said.

"Today they will be sent to hospitals in several prefectures, and we are now preparing for that."

One of those tested positive and now moved off board is a 58-year old British man, who was on honeymoon with his 41-year old wife.

With the quarantine due to last until 19 February, there has also been concern over supplies of normal medicine to the ship.

One passenger has been waving a Japanese flag with the message "shortage of medicine".

A Japanese TV crew on the shore responded with a banner asking: "What medicine?"

More at the link.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
smokey

And on top of this chinese started virus a.chinese company applies for a patent on new drug hummmmmm that should be a billion dollar company in a few months.  Makes me wonder 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Kahuna
14 hours ago, Kahuna said:

Just a little update

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

over 30k total cases now[30830]

635 deaths

1615 recovered

 

Update now

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

31532 total

638 deaths

1740 recoveries

All number up from 14 hours ago.    

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
profits101

It would be interesting, perhaps instructive to post next to the deaths, the size of the lockdown. So... 400 million people locked down for 638 deaths? These numbers just seem like repetition of pointless propaganda to me. The quarantined cruise ships may offer a more realistic picture of population, infections, deaths.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Kahuna
2 hours ago, smokey said:

And on top of this chinese started virus a.chinese company applies for a patent on new drug hummmmmm that should be a billion dollar company in a few months.  Makes me wonder 

Would be nice to see a link to this... the drug may or may not be virus related so if you can I'd appreciate that link.   :thumbs_up:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Kahuna
1 minute ago, profits101 said:

It would be interesting, perhaps instructive to post next to the deaths, the size of the lockdown. So... 400 million people locked down for 638 deaths? These numbers just seem like repetition of pointless propaganda to me. The quarantined cruise ships may offer a more realistic picture of population, infections, deaths.

the best I can do is this :

 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/   this link breaks things down about as much as they know at this time.  Up towards the top are different categories ..click those.

The cruise ships are a microcosm of the problem but whatever info we get from those should be more in the open than what we get from China itself.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Headshot
23 minutes ago, Kahuna said:

Would be nice to see a link to this... the drug may or may not be virus related so if you can I'd appreciate that link.   :thumbs_up:

I believe that little gem came from one of the videos I posted. An American company invented the drug, and sent some to China to help with the outbreak there. So, of course, a Chinese drug company decided they wanted to steal the new drug and patent it in China. The drug was originally created for the Ebola virus and was later used on the MERS and SARS viruses but with little success on any of those viruses, but somebody at the US company decided to try it on the N-COV and it stopped the virus' ability to reproduce in the human body. That was why they sent some to China. Recovery with the drug takes between 24 and 48 hours.

Edited by Headshot
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Kahuna
1 minute ago, Headshot said:

I believe that little gem came from one of the videos I posted. An American company invented the drug, and sent some to China to help with the outbreak there. So, of course, a Chinese drug company decided they wanted to steal the new drug and patent it in China.

Thank you Headshot!!   Has the drug been helpful?   Did it have a name?     I've tried to keep up on the vids you post and I may have missed that.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..

Capture.JPG

I Understand...