COVID-19 Articles, Cases, Discussions, Monitoring, and Questions

cookie47

I still don't understand the coralation between a drug (Ivermectin) that I gave to my dog in Australia to treat and reduce the severity of HEARTWORM,,, and a virus COVIDE 19. And I also don't understand why if Ivermectin does work why are countries (pick what one you like) are financially going broke if this simple remedy  "Ivermectin"work's...I guess over the years drugs HAVE been found to have a"cross over effect" ,In other words a new benefit for an old drug. Surely by now some entity or institution has the balls to stand up and say Hey,,, this works,, or are these drug companies just too powerful and are capable of pressurising the pro Ivermectin crowd. Anyway my dog didn't like it anyway .......

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headshot

• Kahuna

• Dafey

• lamoe

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New Zealand locked down hard. https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/new-zealand-extends-snap-lockdown-covid-spreads-capital Comments following articles on Zerohedge are not moderated except for

This is a follow up to a Post I made regarding my nephew and Partner and child that had covide. He has improved that no oxygen is needed now but it did fall to 90% at one point...The child was on

You act like this is something new...  Talk about what's going on anywhere you like as long as you leave politics out of it. There are thousands of posts on the pandemic that have managed to

Posted Images

HeyMike

Hmm... big pharma not announcing simple and cheap and effective solutions for fighting (curing) covid. How strange.

There were many doctors espousing the curative benefits of hcq. They were shut down very fast by the media and big pharma. I guess we know how practicing doctors lie, and how big pharma does not have any agendas, but truly cares about healing people of this virus.  Oh look.... a butterfly.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
SkyMan
3 hours ago, cookie47 said:

And I also don't understand why if Ivermectin does work why are countries (pick what one you like) are financially going broke if this simple remedy  "Ivermectin"work's...

While the countries are going bust, certain individuals are raking it in...

3 hours ago, cookie47 said:

.I guess over the years drugs HAVE been found to have a"cross over effect" ,In other words a new benefit for an old drug.

Such as Thalidomide which was touted as a great remedy for morning sickness (trust the science) until babies started being born missing limbs or whatever.  Yet now it is being studied as a cancer treatment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
cookie47
Such as Thalidomide which was touted as a great remedy for morning sickness (trust the science) until babies started being born missing limbs or whatever.  Yet now it is being studied as a cancer treatment. 
Yes good pick up on Thalidomide.

As it's part of history that's in my era I remember it well...

And as as far a Ivermectin is concerned I can't believe (but may have too) the whole world is being dupped...

Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk

Soupeod
6 hours ago, Dafey said:

I self medicate with aspirin when I have a headache....think I'll rely on my physician for this one guys.

Funny thing this time, before my sinovac shot they asked if id taken aspiren…. No idea why and I hadn’t.

mikewright
38 minutes ago, Soupeod said:

Funny thing this time, before my sinovac shot they asked if id taken aspiren…. No idea why and I hadn’t.

It may have something to do with the CDC advice:

It is not recommended that people take aspirin or an anticoagulant before vaccination with the Janssen COVID-19 vaccine or any other FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccine (i.e., mRNA vaccine) unless they take these medications as part of their routine medications.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/clinical-considerations/covid-19-vaccines-us.html

• Thanks 1
Fish Sandwich
52 minutes ago, Soupeod said:

Funny thing this time, before my sinovac shot they asked if id taken aspiren…. No idea why...

My guess would be that clotting is one of the side effects of AstraZeneca and J&J that we hear in the MSM. Aspirin is a blood thinner and I bet many people are taking it thinking it will help counteract that side effect.

That was actually one of my first thoughts doing the "what if" game in my head of choosing the least worst option (of vaccines). A five minute internet search will set you straight though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
cookie47

20 odd years ago my GP at the time encourage me to take low dose Aspirin for "Future protection" of strokes and heart attack.

I did for a while and like all medications got fed up taking so eventually stopped.

Below is a section of an article (one of many I recently found ) saying it doesn't work.....Who do we believe.!!!.

Both trials showed that low dose aspirin (at 100 milligrams per day) did not prevent subsequent heart attacks or strokes over a period of approximately five years. However, aspirin did increase the risk for major bleeding. Furthermore, in the ASPREE trial, there were more deaths attributed to aspirin use.Ful article

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/wellness-and-prevention/is-taking-aspirin-good-for-your-heart

Edited by cookie47
Added URL
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Fish Sandwich
1 hour ago, cookie47 said:

Both trials showed that low dose aspirin (at 100 milligrams per day) did not prevent subsequent heart attacks or strokes over a period of approximately five years. However, aspirin did increase the risk for major bleeding. Furthermore, in the ASPREE trial, there were more deaths attributed to aspirin use.Ful article

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/wellness-and-prevention/is-taking-aspirin-good-for-your-heart

That's good to know, I actually thought that was still a thing. A few years back when my health was a train wreck, I was doing that.

I wonder if there's any validity to taking it on insanely long plane flights. I still do that most the time.

• Like 2
cookie47
4 minutes ago, Fish Sandwich said:

wonder if there's any validity to taking it on insanely long plane flights. I still do that most the time

Look I don't know.?? Ive done a bit of flying over the years Mainly Australia Philippines /Europe/.I do wear support stockings due to bad leg circulation. Our last two Europe flight's I purposely ensured and chose a stop over rather than a 14 hour one go flight.Haa, no rush we are both seniors.🛫🛬

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Administrator
Dafey

Feel free to start a topic on Aspirin as a deterrent to blood clots. this thread is Coronavirus Articles, Discussions and Videos

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
Soupeod

image.png.590d191961b94b8b79644b16c387e6d5.png
DEAD BODIES ARE STARTING TO PILE UP IN CEBU
Cebu City is once again in a situation wherein its cementeries and crematoriums are struggling to keep up with the pace at which the bodies arrive, following a third wave surge of Covid-19 infections.

According to the data disclosed by the EOC (Emergency Operations Center) yesterday, August 2, the next available date for cremation in the city’s crematoriums is August 8 or 9 yet, or at least a week of waiting time.

In an interview published by The Freeman, one of Cebu City’s leading news outlet, city councilor Joel Garganera, who also happens to be the EOC deputy chief implementer, disclosed the one week waiting time for cremations, and that the city’s crematoriums do not have enough freezers to keep the bodies. Garganera, however, said hospitals in Cebu City have been coordinating with Mandaue City, which has a mortuary freezer for COVID-19 casualties.

It was also mentioned that another factor contributing to the long wait is the fact that one crematorium is repairing its equipment at the moment.

With the current high death statistics in Cebu City, Garganera reiterated the importance of getting vaccinated. “Walay namatay nga nabakunahan (no one died for being vaccinated). Vaccine works.”, he said.

#DeadBodiesInCebu
#GetVaccinatedToBeProtected
#OrmocsOnlyTopDiary #ootd #OOTDstories
Sources: The Freeman | Philstar

https://m.facebook.com/OOTDstories/

3E86DD39-91F9-4908-B927-A2EA74B324B4.png

Edited by Soupeod
  • Like 1
  • Administrator
Dafey
6 hours ago, Soupeod said:

With the current high death statistics in Cebu City, Garganera reiterated the importance of getting vaccinated.

Got my 2nd dose yesterday

• Like 4
Fish Sandwich
7 hours ago, Soupeod said:

It was also mentioned that another factor contributing to the long wait is the fact that one crematorium is repairing its equipment at the moment.

From another post on that same fb page:

image.png.c9f8b14ef8b605633402793dc509ec69.png

Google translates to:

Hospitals here in Cebu are not full. There are many more vacancies but no staff. It takes so long to get in Because no one cares. Under staff Kay nangresign o dagan nag isolate Sab. I HAVE a schedule of 2nd dose today but e reschedule Because no one will do the vaccination Because the frontliners are gone

I wonder where the frontliners went.