COVID-19 Articles, Cases, Discussions, Monitoring, and Questions

smokey
1 hour ago, Headshot said:

Does a mayor actually have jurisdiction to shut down a national highway?

Of course he does just ask him

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headshot

• Kahuna

• Dafey

• lamoe

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New Zealand locked down hard. https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/new-zealand-extends-snap-lockdown-covid-spreads-capital Comments following articles on Zerohedge are not moderated except for

This is a follow up to a Post I made regarding my nephew and Partner and child that had covide. He has improved that no oxygen is needed now but it did fall to 90% at one point...The child was on

You act like this is something new...  Talk about what's going on anywhere you like as long as you leave politics out of it. There are thousands of posts on the pandemic that have managed to

Posted Images

No he does not and he has no authority to over rule the president either. There are more services exempted than the ones mentioned. I would not be surprised to see the dILG step in as they have done in other places where the mayors and barangay captains thought they were omnipotent. They may now find out they are more impotent than they think.

• Like 3
lamoe
7 hours ago, MickyG said:

No he does not and he has no authority to over rule the president either. There are more services exempted than the ones mentioned. I would not be surprised to see the dILG step in as they have done in other places where the mayors and barangay captains thought they were omnipotent. They may now find out they are more impotent than they think.

"It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission" is the motto they work under.

• Like 1
Headshot
6 hours ago, lamoe said:

"It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission" is the motto they work under.

That doesn't always work out well with Duterte as president.

• Haha 3
wondersailor

With the lock down, she now has an apt. in another town where her job is. My babies are now safe to come out to play 😊

Soupeod
20 hours ago, Headshot said:

Does a mayor actually have jurisdiction to shut down a national highway? In addition to the bridges, he is effectively shutting down the Mactan Cebu International Airport.

I know I saw some boat taxis while eating lunch at one of the Mactan malls.

Edited by Soupeod
Grammer
lamoe

Bldg mgr said we had 1 tested positive (airbnb tenant) when he went back home - didn't ask if native or foreigner - we've had some staying here for work interview / training - she had the 10 people he associated with tested and has the guards make sure they don't leave.

1 tried / she called Barangay  enforcers  - Didn't ask. WOH - world of hurt?

Also said some of the condo owners are giving tenants rent reductions - mine is Chinese don't expect one  hasn't raised rent in 3 years - not going to ask either.:unknw:

Edited by lamoe
Soupeod
38 minutes ago, lamoe said:

Bldg mgr said we had 1 tested positive (airbnb tenant) when he went back home - didn't ask if native or foreigner - we've had some staying here for work interview / training - she had the 10 people he associated with tested and has the guards make sure they don't leave.

1 tried / she called Barangay  enforcers  - Didn't ask. WOH - world of hurt?

Also said some of the condo owners are giving tenants rent reductions - mine is Chinese don't expect one  hasn't raised rent in 3 years - not going to ask either.:unknw:

@lamoe are you susceptible via the air ventilation system?

lamoe
38 minutes ago, Soupeod said:

@lamoe are you susceptible via the air ventilation system?

No central air - individual window units - there are central air shafts that are about 15 ft sq - create a negative pressure so the air comes in from balcony (19th floor) out through screened front door and kitchen window - I would close them if flow is reversed - not happened yet.

20200421_173548[1].jpg

Edited by lamoe
  • Thanks 1
lamoe

Tata said on the news just now 43 lab  workers  in Manila have tested positive - lab is level 3 - same as China's labs working on Coronaviruses before 2017

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2020-04/20/c_138993309.htm

MANILA, April 20 (Xinhua) -- At least 40 healthcare workers of the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine (RITM), the Philippines' main COVID-19 test laboratory, have tested positive for the virus, the RITM director said on Monday.

RITM Director Celia Carlos said the infected healthcare workers, who are now quarantined in the RITM dormitory, are asymptomatic.

According to Carlos, the first personnel who contracted the virus was an encoder who tested positive on April 4. It is suspected that the employee got the virus from the community and not from the RITM, she added.

Nevertheless, Carlos said the RITM is undergoing disinfection procedures to ensure the safety of the facility.

RITM is the country's primary facility for testing samples from patients for possible COVID-19 infection. The scaling down operation is expected to slow down the pace of testing.

The Philippines now has 17 COVID-19 testing facilities, including the RITM.

As of April 20, the Philippines has 6,459 confirmed COVID-19 cases, including 428 deaths and 613 recoveries. Enditem

Edited by lamoe
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
5 hours ago, Soupeod said:

I know I saw some boat taxis while eating lunch at one of the Mactan malls.

Where there's a will, there's a way...

• Administrator
Dafey
11 hours ago, lamoe said:

Tata said on the news just now 43 lab  workers  in Manila have tested positive

Okay, I understand the front line healthcare workers getting hit hard by this, but a lab should be easily confined and sterilized from infection!

Guess they ran out of trash bags?

• Like 2
  • Administrator
Dafey

DOH to use local test kits starting today

MANILA, Philippines — Starting today, local test kits for the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) developed by Filipino scientists from the Philippine Genome Center (PGC) and the University of the Philippines-National Institutes of Health (UP-NIH) will be used for the first time.

In a press conference yesterday at the Department of Health (DOH), PGC deputy executive director Raul Destura said their real time-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) test kits would be used in the laboratory of the UP-NIH.

“We are opening the first testing at the NIH today because logically, these are NIH kits. It’s just proper to give them priority,” Destura, who led the local scientists that developed the kits, said.

The technology was developed by Manila Healthtek, a spinoff company of UP-NIH to pursue research and development, with funding coming from the Department of Science and Technology.

The kits have undergone field testing before they were validated and approved for use by the Food and Drug Administration. 

The RT-PCR is considered as the “gold standard” for testing COVID-19. Samples examined using the rapid antibody-based test kits must undergo confirmatory tests using RT-PCR to validate the results. 

https://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/national/doh-to-use-local-test-kits-starting-today/ar-BB12SKnp?ocid=spartandhp

• Thanks 1
Headshot
10 hours ago, Dafey said:

Okay, I understand the front line healthcare workers getting hit hard by this, but a lab should be easily confined and sterilized from infection!

Guess they ran out of trash bags?

They got their PPE from China... :as-if:

• Haha 2