Coronavirus Articles, Discussions and Videos

• Administrator
Salty Dog
1 hour ago, Dafey said:

My biggest fear is that a worse virus will walk across the face of the earth cleaning out 80% of the population. (I wonder what the economy would look like then)

It just so happens that this TV Series is about a Global Pandemic that killed 80% of the world population. Granted it centers around a single ship that wasn't infected and it's mission to find a vaccine. The way it portrays many of those who had survived though, is a chilling view of humanity on the brink of distinction... 

• Like 2
  • Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headshot

• lamoe

• Salty Dog

• Dafey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From an on line Senior's website which I'm a Member  https://www.yourlifechoices.com.au/health/covid19/glasses-cut-covid-infections-study? This although not conclusive I found interesting as

Posted Images

Headshot

There are only a few possibilities on why China has ordered 200,000 body bags from Taiwan. Their death toll from the CCP virus is a lot higher than they are admitting and is still continuing, they are trying to make it so that Taiwan has no body bags to sell to countries in the West, or both. I tend to pay more attention to what countries do rather than what they say. Things are not right in China.

• Thanks 5
JohnSurrey
8 hours ago, TequilaSunset said:

Why are you scared, panicked, concerned about this virus? Were you quarantining yourself and distancing yourself for H1N1 and flu seasons?

image.thumb.png.8bfb1daa0e4f445878fafa7a485aaf36.png

I've been asking myself the same question recently - Basically are Dr Wolfgang Wodarg and Sweden right - is it just seasonal flu and we should all just get back to work?

I have a fairly simplistic way of looking at that... if 60,000 people a year die from normal flu and we've just passed that number how many more are going to continue to die from Covid 19 related Flu?

Perhaps when it's all over they'll be a new vaccine and most countries will increase their health system spending to make sure there's enough icus/ventilators available the next time and then everything will return to normal with 60,000 or 100,000 dying each year from flu again in subsequent years.

This time the world has been caught on the back foot - they're not ready ... and because they're not ready our Politicians want to try and flatten the curve in order to minimize the (at the moment) unknown additional number of people who are going to die.

So most people including me are just going along with it - quarantining myself and the family and hoping, if we do get it, it's only a mild case as there are definitely no icu/ventilators available here.

• Like 2
  • Administrator
Dafey
33 minutes ago, JohnSurrey said:

So most people including me are just going along with it - quarantining myself and the family

And you'd be arrested if you went out, right?

wondersailor

I will be entering my 4th week of self imposed isolation tomorrow. We supposed to be in "enhanced" isolation in the Davao area. I look out my window at the street below and I see groups of kids running around playing, no masks. I see adults walking up and down the street, no masks. I see people two up on bikes riding by, no helmets nor masks. I've had 4 delivery guys in 2 days at my gate with only 1 wearing a mask

I ask myself: Am I the only one in this province taking this virus seriously ? I answer myself, probably damn close. And of course I talk to myself, I've been in solo isolation for 3 weeks!

Ah, sorry, I thought this was " How not to stop the spread of COVID-19 virus" forum.

Edited by wondersailor
Add
  • Like 2
  • Administrator
Dafey
25 minutes ago, wondersailor said:

I ask myself: Am I the only one in this province taking this virus seriously ?

You may be the last person in Davao soon by the sounds of it!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Administrator
Dafey

Here's an oldie going out to @wondersailor

• Haha 1
wondersailor
13 minutes ago, Dafey said:

You may be the last person in Davao soon by the sounds of it!

All the expats on my street are isolating. Might just end up being the only non Pinoy province in the Philippines 🤣.

I admit to the thought of sitting on my second floor balcony with a sling shot. Just as a reminder to those who need it. Filed under the heading "things I wish I could do".

• Haha 1
Headshot

While the case fatality rate (CFR) will never reach 80% (as the TV series postulates), and although the worldwide CFR right now is running at 20%, it will likely end up somewhere between 4% and 5% when all is said and done. That is still a huge number of people. Worldwide that would mean between 308 million and 385 million people dying from this virus. Of course, I am just projecting the trends as they stand now. Things could change that either raise or lower these numbers.

People around the world have the option of whether the CFR increases or decreases by how they react to the outbreak. If people continue to act as if this is the seasonal flu, then the result will be disastrous. Hospitals and ICU's will be overwhelmed, and a lot more people will die than if they had been able to cope. I guarantee that you will have loved ones die from this virus, even if you are not one of the victims. It will get personal.

If all people start wearing masks, practice social distancing, and practicing good sanitation, including using soap and water or hand sanitizer whenever possible, then we can reduce the number of deaths and we can get economies back on their feet so things can return to some sort of normality (it will likely never be the same).

We need to start taking our examples from Singapore and Taiwan (which have maintained their economies and kept their schools in session while also containing the coronavirus outbreak) instead of China. The CCP has failed the Chinese people and the world every step of the way, and their main focus was from the beginning, and continues to be, controlling the narrative rather than taking appropriate measures to halt the infection spread and save people. The government of China is all about face, and they have no regard for human life. More and more people are being disappeared daily because they spoke out publicly about what is really happening in China (but their stories are still getting out). China is certainly NOT an example to follow.

Singapore and Taiwan have held coronavirus to a manageable level (thus minimizing infections and deaths) through the use of masks, social distancing and sanitation, but have also stopped the seasonal flu in its tracks using the same methods. People are tested for the coronavirus, and if they test positive, or have been in contact with someone who tested positive (yes, vigorous contact tracking is part of their programs), then they are quarantined. Everyone else is free to move about as long as they follow the other rules (masks, social distancing and sanitation). Singapore and Taiwan didn't lock down the world under the guise of "enhanced quarantines" and destroy their economies and their children's education like so many countries are doing. They also haven't been afraid to use hydroxychloroquine, zinc and azithromycin to treat serious coronavirus infections. The key is to stop the infection before it goes critical. Infections have, therefore, taken less time to be cleared up, and have had better outcomes.

Most governments have been reluctant to use anything that hasn't been thoroughly tested, and yet, they blindly follow China's example, even though they know that the Chinese government has been, and is, lying. The result has been that many have been infected and died unnecessarily.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
smokey

Us old farts are the first to go hummm look the other side we are least productive but have and receive $$$$

• Like 2
Edwin
6 hours ago, Dafey said:

Here's an oldie going out to @wondersailor

A song by a 26 year old kid that starts out with "When I was young..."  :rofl:

I owned the LP. 

• Like 1
fred42

Ivermectin..
A very old anti viral drug (FDA approved) used typically for head lice and intestinal worms/parasites kills 98% of corona virus in a lab.
"We found that even a single dose could essentially remove all viral RNA by 48 hours and that even at 24 hours there was a really significant reduction in it," 

There are older studies and clinical trials to show this drugs effectiveness against Dengue and HIV.

If I had Corona virus,Dengue and Nits,I would ask my doctor to treat the damned nits with FDA approved Ivermectin FFS!!.. 
Simple logic tells me this.

https://www.newsweek.com/anti-parasite-drug-used-since-1980s-may-help-stop-coronavirus-new-study-says-1496083

Edited by fred42
  • Thanks 1
Kreole
2 hours ago, fred42 said:

Ivermectin..
A very old anti viral drug (FDA approved) used typically for head lice and intestinal worms/parasites kills 98% of corona virus in a lab.
"We found that even a single dose could essentially remove all viral RNA by 48 hours and that even at 24 hours there was a really significant reduction in it," 

There are older studies and clinical trials to show this drugs effectiveness against Dengue and HIV.

If I had Corona virus,Dengue and Nits,I would ask my doctor to treat the damned nits with FDA approved Ivermectin FFS!!.. 
Simple logic tells me this.

https://www.newsweek.com/anti-parasite-drug-used-since-1980s-may-help-stop-coronavirus-new-study-says-1496083

Interesting.  Now we will see if doctors will be able to prescribe Ivermectin for human use.  Every 3 months, I give my 13 cats and 3 dogs invermectin which I buy at the agriculture supply store.  I make my own cat/dog food by cooking fresh fish into a soupy condition and then mix it with cooked rice.  Each mixture lasts about 3 day and then I repeat over the next 10 days using Ivermectin.  It seems to work.  So, at the very least, my animals will be protected.  

• Like 1
lamoe
12 hours ago, smokey said:

Us old farts are the first to go hummm look the other side we are least productive but have and receive $$$$

Us old farts are also more proactive about things because we've have enough "damn that was close" moments to realize the Kryptonite is finally getting to us and we've lost our super powers.