Coronavirus Articles, Discussions and Videos

Edwin
3 hours ago, nothingbutquestions said:

2 CHOICES:

A, Lockdowns and quarantines to destroy the economy of the world and the lines of distribution until everyone starves to death

B. Do nothing and let everyone get back to work, Que sera, sera!  Those who survive/recover, 99.1% of the world's population, will have their own antibodies.

When everyone is dead or have recovered and have their own antibodies the pandemic is over.

The world's economy can recover faster than you think. Let's save as many people as we can.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headshot

• lamoe

• Salty Dog

• Dafey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From an on line Senior's website which I'm a Member  https://www.yourlifechoices.com.au/health/covid19/glasses-cut-covid-infections-study? This although not conclusive I found interesting as

Posted Images

TequilaSunset

Huge over reaction, 80,000 died from the flu in the winter of 2017, no panic, no destruction of economies. H1N1 12k+ with estimates of up to 30k died, no panic. No media fear mongering. This has been hyped ridiculously. I'm 60+, compromised lungs, I flew into the storm in February vis Korea, stayed a month, flew back in a incubator filled with Asians in March, no problems. Wore a mask on the flights only, sanitized hands regularly, didn't touch face. I'm out in public, Walmart's are packed now. Life goes on, sheltering in place is for the timid. Just be smart and don't touch your face. I learned lots working in hospitals doing sterility assurance etc.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 3
Kreole
1 minute ago, TequilaSunset said:

Huge over reaction, 80,000 died from the flu in the winter of 2017, no panic, no destruction of economies. H1N1 12k+ with estimates of up to 30k died, no panic. No media fear mongering. This has been hyped ridiculously. I'm 60+, compromised lungs, I flew into the storm in February vis Korea, stayed a month, flew back in a incubator filled with Asians in March, no problems. Wore a mask on the flights only, sanitized hands regularly, didn't touch face. I'm out in public, Walmart's are packed now. Life goes on, sheltering in place is for the timid. Just be smart and don't touch your face. I learned lots working in hospitals doing sterility assurance etc.

I appreciate you bringing some sanity to this issue.  What this actually represents is the weaponization of  the seasonal flu as a pretext for population control.  The economic and emotional costs will be much higher than the deaths, which are the natural selection process of every seasonal flu. 

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

U.S. Defense Department Readies 100,000 Body Bags as Virus Death Toll Rises

2 Apr 2020 Military.com | By Richard Sisk

The Defense Department confirmed Thursday that 100,000 body bags are being readied for shipment in response to a grim request to help states with burials as the death toll from the novel coronavirus escalates.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency's request for Human Remains Pouches, first reported by Bloomberg News, followed White House statements earlier this week that backed projections of a U.S. pandemic death toll ranging from 100,000 to 240,000.

As a result, the Pentagon's Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) "is currently responding to FEMA's prudent planning efforts for 100,000 pouches to address mortuary contingencies on behalf of state health agencies," Air Force Lt. Col. Mike Andrews, a Pentagon spokesman, said in a statement.

He said the request is being handled under "a longstanding arrangement with FEMA to procure key commodities from DLA's industrial partners during crisis response operations."

The preparations to use 94-by-38-inch military body bags, typically sent to war zones for combat casualties, come as the death toll in the U.S. from COVID-19 rose to 5,151 as of midday Thursday, with a total of 217,263 confirmed cases nationwide, according to the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center.

The need for burial assistance is becoming more and more evident in New York City, where the death toll was 1,374 as of midday Thursday, the center said.

At Elmhurst General Hospital in Queens and other sites in the five boroughs, refrigerated trucks are parked outside to temporarily store the remains of victims of the pandemic.

At a March 24 Pentagon briefing, Air Force Gen. Joseph Lengyel, chief of the National Guard Bureau, gave the first signals that the DoD would eventually be called upon for burial assistance in the crisis.

"I do know there are some states considering" using the unique capability of the National Guard's Fatality Support and Recovery Teams to assist with burials, possibly to prevent spread of the virus, he said.

"I've been told some states have started to look at the potential" for using the teams, should the necessity arise, Lengyel said. He did not name the states.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/04/02/defense-department-readies-100000-body-bags-virus-death-toll-rises.html?ESRC=eb_200403.nl

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Soupeod
9 hours ago, Kreole said:

I appreciate you bringing some sanity to this issue.  What this actually represents is the weaponization of  the seasonal flu as a pretext for population control.  The economic and emotional costs will be much higher than the deaths, which are the natural selection process of every seasonal flu. 

Not the same at all, Suggest you all watch:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Administrator
Dafey
19 hours ago, nothingbutquestions said:

Italy has the highest kill rate at 12.5% and Israel one of the lowest at 0,5%

That is currently with precautionary measures in place. Italy was late  and that's why their numbers are higher. If the virus was allowed to go unchecked without the precautionary measures in place those numbers would be much higher.

16 hours ago, TequilaSunset said:

For some of the population they continue to be in denial. That's okay, but if you go around like everything is normal you are going to help spread this disease. Pure and simple you are an enabler for the virus.

If you are a Darwinist, I get it...I understand evolution. But With Science we have the choice to try and protect ourselves, our loved ones and even those that don't seem to care.

What if this is not the worst to come? What if there is a worse one in 10 years after everyone has looked at this as "oh 2020, we shut down the economy and only lost half a million world wide". Then, the response is even stronger and the Darwinists win! "Yeah, just let it run it's course. Wash your hands, you'll be fine".

I choose to fight this thing with Science.

6 hours ago, Soupeod said:

Not the same at all, Suggest you all watch:

Horrible way to die...hope all the Darwinsts watch!

• Thanks 5
TequilaSunset

How about a different perspective

f28a4cffdb508f0b6f4365835f68ae00.jpg

lamoe

Still = 4,750,000 dead US @ 100% infection- save even 10% more via realistic precautions = 475,000

@75% = 3,500,000 = 350,000

@50% - 2,375,000 = 237,500

etc.

Edited by lamoe
TequilaSunset
2 hours ago, Dafey said:

That is currently with precautionary measures in place. Italy was late  and that's why their numbers are higher. If the virus was allowed to go unchecked without the precautionary measures in place those numbers would be much higher.

Italy wasn't just late, they were absolutely stupid! Direct flights from Wuhan for all their laborers, telling people to hug a Chinese cuz they wanted to not appear racist, and a very crappy healthcare system, that comes with socialized medicine. Add to shit a huge population in tight quarters, perfect storm.

8 minutes ago, lamoe said:

Still = 4,750,000 dead - save even 10% more via realistic precautions = 475,000

Huh? death toll globally is approx 40k now... what are these numbers?

lamoe
5 minutes ago, TequilaSunset said:

Italy wasn't just late, they were absolutely stupid! Direct flights from Wuhan for all their laborers, telling people to hug a Chinese cuz they wanted to not appear racist, and a very crappy healthcare system, that comes with socialized medicine. Add to shit a huge population in tight quarters, perfect storm.

Huh? death toll globally is approx 40k now... what are these numbers?

From "How about a different perspective" post

Will correct total - was shown at 100% US pollution infected - 327,000,000 x 0.0146

• Confused 1
TequilaSunset

Starting to see a bigger picture?
a258c2d5de6acf215e5426cd6ebdbe2a.jpg

• Administrator
Dafey

So let's keep the politics out of this thread. Feel free to post political opinions in the CR.

The title of the thread is:

News: Philippines & From Around the World Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information and Questions How to stop spread of the COVID-19 Virus

• Administrator
Dafey
34 minutes ago, Dafey said:

So let's keep the politics out of this thread. Feel free to post political opinions in the CR.

Again!!! No Politics in this thread, please

• Like 2
TequilaSunset

Can I report that the death numbers are inflated? People with multiple morbidity are being falsely tagged with C19 as the cause of death, many are being walked backed. Lots of reports of this. First morbidity usually gets the win, just like my dad's death. This is being falsified to get extra funding and continue the hysteria.

• Like 2