Coronavirus Articles, Discussions and Videos

smokey

Well today i was reading a home test is take deep breath hold 10 seconds. If you start coughing not good. And the virus often starts in mouth and then you get dry cough i use a spray. I found it at robinsons. And shopwise and sometimes watsons about 600 peso

20200401_174802.jpg

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headshot

• lamoe

• Salty Dog

• Dafey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From an on line Senior's website which I'm a Member  https://www.yourlifechoices.com.au/health/covid19/glasses-cut-covid-infections-study? This although not conclusive I found interesting as

Posted Images

lamoe
7 minutes ago, smokey said:

Well today i was reading a home test is take deep breath hold 10 seconds. If you start coughing not good. And the virus often starts in mouth and then you get dry cough i use a spray. I found it at robinsons. And shopwise and sometimes watsons about 600 peso

"If you start coughing not good" definitely a  bad sign if not already showing signs of a cold / flu - if have one  = normal to expel mucus

Did 71 sec - almost my age -  didn't pass out - smoked for almost 40 years  :dance2:

Did a Google search, urban myth as test for Wuhan Virus but is good indication of lung capacity.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7995705

Breath-holding capability of adults. Implications for spiral computed tomography, fast-acquisition magnetic resonance imaging, and angiography.

Gay SB1, Sistrom CL, Holder CA, Suratt PM.

Author information

Abstract

PURPOSE:

The breath-holding capabilities of various groups of individuals were evaluated to develop protocols so that patients undergoing spiral computed tomography (CT), digital angiography, and breath-hold magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) can be studied successfully.

METHODS:

Twenty-five outpatients and 25 inpatients (all adults) were studied before undergoing body CT. Each subject was asked to hold his or her breath for as long as possible. Then each patient was asked to perform as many repetitive 12-second breath holds as possible. These data were correlated with demographic and historical information.

RESULTS:

The maximum breath-hold time for inpatients and those outpatients who were heavy smokers or had chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or congestive heart failure (CHF) was 18 to 32 seconds (95% confidence interval) with a mean of 25 seconds. For all other outpatients, breath-hold time was 38 to 56 seconds (mean = 45 seconds). The 95% confidence interval for the number of 12-second breath holds for these two groups was 4 to 6 breath holds (mean = 4.9) and 6 to 7 breath holds (mean = 6.6), respectively. One inpatient could not hold his breath at all and three others were only able to hold their breath once for short periods. The sex and age of the patient had no significant effect on breath-holding performance.

CONCLUSIONS:

Breath-holding protocols must account for the diminished capabilities of most inpatients, and outpatients who are heavy smokers or have COPD or CHF. Most outpatients who are not heavy smokers or without COPD or CHF can achieve a single breath hold of 38 seconds, or up to six 12-second breath holds.

smokey

The breathing thing has to do with fiberous tissue in lungs guess if you get sick breathing becomes hard because of fiberous.   So if you can hold your breath 10 seconds and when expelled your not coughing i read that is a good sign you dont have fiberous in lungs

• Like 1
lamoe
Just now, smokey said:

The breathing thing has to do with fiberous tissue in lungs guess if you get sick breathing becomes hard because of fiberous.   So if you can hold your breath 10 seconds and when expelled your not coughing i read that is a good sign you dont have fiberous in lungs

Yep - read same

to_dave007

Just passed that test..  @ 10 seconds..  and @20  and @30.. with no dry cough..  I guess I'll live a bit longer.

Cgu
27 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

Just passed that test..  @ 10 seconds..  and @20  and @30.. with no dry cough..  I guess I'll live a bit longer.

To be sure try 5min

• Administrator
Salty Dog

• Sad 3
lamoe

"Shocking - can't have an attitude like that - common humanity, slam the door, betrayed , etc,"

Would think it was our MSM except for the haircut.

Every other port on Pacific side they tried rejected them but only bashes US for taking same precautions.

Left on the 7th, passed through canal on March 29th , 30th? https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/29/coronavirus-panama-to-allow-cruise-liner-zaandam-through-canal

Why didn't they try to dock in California? Cause Florida was to be their final destination on April 7th and figured we have Americans onboard.  They'll take everyone.

https://www.cruisemapper.com/ships/ms-Zaandam-572

Also sounds like Rotterdam had no passengers - able to take 1,400? but now that ship's passengers are also showing signs..

Without symptoms? (doesn't mean not infected)

US citizens should be removed  under bio-hazard protocols but the ships themselves  should not be allowed to dock - people could be jumping ship if too close to shore.

Even getting the US citizens off the ships would be difficult without causing a riot onboard.

Headshot

nothingbutquestions

How to stop spread of the COVID-19 Virus

2 CHOICES:

A, Lockdowns and quarantines to destroy the economy of the world and the lines of distribution until everyone starves to death

B. Do nothing and let everyone get back to work, Que sera, sera!  Those who survive/recover, 99.1% of the world's population, will have their own antibodies.

When everyone is dead or have recovered and have their own antibodies the pandemic is over.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Dafey
54 minutes ago, nothingbutquestions said:

B. Do nothing and let everyone get back to work, Que sera, sera!  Those who survive/recover, 99.1% of the world's population, will have their own antibodies.

except it would be more like 80% of the world's population...the other 20% are in a pile in the corner...don't worry about them just carry on

nothingbutquestions

Italy has the highest kill rate at 12.5% and Israel one of the lowest at 0,5%

SEE: https://covid19info.live

smokey

Well i have to go with the open sign if its your time its your time 

• Like 1
Cgu

I more worried about COVID-19.

• Like 1