Coronavirus Articles, Discussions and Questions

Kahuna
11 minutes ago, DeedleNuts said:

Not what I meant.

I mean stop restricting free movement of vaccinated people, making us wear headgear, and other ridiculous public policy measures. Feel free to pick on me here all you wish, I can pass it out reasonably well as well as take it. 

You're the one quoting me all the time here ..I'm just "responding":hi:

As for "pickin on you"  if this is that, then you have led a sheltered life my friend. Dry up those crocodile tears . If you more of this topic you'd like to discuss this is the place.  

Did you take a peek at the FB link I posted?  What's up with that?  Not really hitting the mainstream is it? 

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headshot

• Dafey

• lamoe

• Salty Dog

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New Zealand locked down hard. https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/new-zealand-extends-snap-lockdown-covid-spreads-capital Comments following articles on Zerohedge are not moderated except for

This is a follow up to a Post I made regarding my nephew and Partner and child that had covide. He has improved that no oxygen is needed now but it did fall to 90% at one point...The child was on

From an on line Senior's website which I'm a Member  https://www.yourlifechoices.com.au/health/covid19/glasses-cut-covid-infections-study? This although not conclusive I found interesting as

Posted Images

DeedleNuts
1 minute ago, Kahuna said:

As for "pickin on you"  if this is that

Nope, just making it clear I wasn't trying to ask for any slack HERE. THe invitation is open to all, not just you. 

Let's put it this way; for a vaccinated person not a senior citizen, COVID-19 poses a much lower risk of death or serious injury than a lot of other things we seldom give a second thought to all the time. 

I'm not giving COVID a second thought most of the time, just like other small life risks, except when people with an authoritarian bent and a little authority force me to be inconvenienced in the name of COVID. Then I resent them pretty deeply. 

Mask mandates, travel restrictions, and other horsesh*t that is made to apply unreasonably to those who went ahead and got vaccinated are silly power grabs, intended to drag this thing out as long as possible by various means, including but not limited to simply wearing the public down and getting them acclimated to such nonsense. 

• Like 1
Kahuna
2 minutes ago, DeedleNuts said:

Nope, just making it clear I wasn't trying to ask for any slack HERE. THe invitation is open to all, not just you. 

Let's put it this way; for a vaccinated person not a senior citizen, COVID-19 poses a much lower risk of death or serious injury than a lot of other things we seldom give a second thought to all the time. 

I'm not giving COVID a second thought most of the time, just like other small life risks, except when people with an authoritarian bent and a little authority force me to be inconvenienced in the name of COVID. Then I resent them pretty deeply. 

Mask mandates, travel restrictions, and other horsesh*t that is made to apply unreasonably to those who went ahead and got vaccinated are silly power grabs, intended to drag this thing out as long as possible by various means, including but not limited to simply wearing the public down and getting them acclimated to such nonsense. 

https://vaccinedeaths.com/2021-07-27-vaers-records-covid-19-adverse-events.html#

VAERS data shows skyrocketing number adverse events following COVID vaccinations

07/27/2021 / By Mary Villareal

More and more adverse effects in individuals who’ve taken experimental COVID-19 vaccines from Moderna, Pfizer, and Johnson & Johnson have been recorded in the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS). Some of these include pericarditis, myocarditis, Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS), thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS), and even death.

Since December 2020, there have been numerous adverse effects recorded, and these must be investigated before causal relationships can be made. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) uses the data to help them better analyze what plausible causal relationships can be made between the vaccines and the adverse effects.

In the U.S., there have been 333 million COVID-19 vaccine doses administered as of July 9. Of these, 135 million doses are of the Moderna vaccine, 184 million doses are of the Pfizer vaccine and 13 million doses are of J&J vaccine.

Number of adverse events, “unprecedented” in VAERS history

The number of reports surrounding the experimental COVID-19 vaccines has been unprecedented since the surveillance program was created in 1990. Between December 14, 2020, and July 9, 2021, there have been 10,991 reported deaths post-COVID-19 vaccination or 70 deaths per day in the U.S. alone.

VAERS also saw almost half a million adverse events reported in the same period, 48,385 of which were considered serious injuries. Some of these include 445 cases of GBS, 127,421 cases of anaphylaxis, 5,049 cases of Bell’s palsy and 9,471 blood clotting disorders. Nearly 3,000 women also reported having experienced adverse events, with 1,072 miscarriages or premature births.

The CDC explained that it may take several years to collect enough data to understand the nature of the adverse events following the vaccinations, but people may not be able to gamble on their health for long.

There have been nearly 11,000 deaths and 50,000 serious injuries in just seven months — with possible thousands or more — cases going undocumented. For instance, the CDC notes that not all healthcare providers actually report to VAERS, and many of them say that patients aren’t being asked whether or not they recently got inoculated. (Related: CovidVaccineReactions.com documents injuries and reactions caused by covid vaccines.)

CDC issues updates regarding adverse events of interest

For public awareness and transparency, the CDC updated its website with a number of adverse events that may be experienced following COVID-19 vaccinations.

Anaphylaxis is rare and has occurred in two to five people per million in the U.S. Severe allergic reaction can occur after any type of vaccination, and providers can effectively treat the reaction.

Thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS) is rare. There had been 39 confirmed reports of TTS following the J&J vaccine out of more than 13 million doses. Women younger than 50 years old should be aware of the rare but adverse event.

GBS in people who received the J&J vaccine is being monitored by the CDC and FDA. After 12.8 million J&J vaccine doses have been administered, about 100 preliminary reports of GBS had been reported as of July 12, 2021. These cases have been reported around 2 weeks after vaccination, mostly in men 50 years and older.

Myocarditis and pericarditis are rare.  There had been 1,148 reports of myocarditis and pericarditis in people ages 30 and younger who received the COVID-19 vaccine. Most of these cases were reported after mRNA COVID-19 vaccination, mostly in male adolescents and young adults.

As for deaths from COVID-19 vaccination, the CDC claimed that reports of these are rare. More than 339 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been administered from December 14, 2020, to July 19, 2021. During this time, there have been 6,2017 deaths (0.0018 percent) among people who received the vaccine.

In addition, while the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requires healthcare providers to report deaths after COVID-19 vaccinations to VAERS, the CDC claims that reports of adverse events following vaccination, including death, don’t necessarily mean that the vaccine was the cause.

Not good news...  

:hi:

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Dafey

So thread is under "News: Philippines & From Around the World" And it is also about discussion. This can become very heated as you can see so let's make sure our opinions are ours and not an opinion of "someone else's opinion".

We each can make our own choices and believe whatever we want to believe but let's not call each other out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
cookie47
30 minutes ago, DeedleNuts said:

Mask mandates, travel restrictions, and other horsesh*t

Absolutely Agree...... Considering I've lived for 47 years in a country that has just about everything  that wants to kill ya,Worked in the motor trade with fuel tanks exploding,Cars falling off ramps and jacks,(all considered misshaps)....Worked on cattle stations dealing with escaped bulls. I will wear a mask IF deemed necessary BUT I WANT MY LIFE BACK, Whats Left of it as no MALE has lived passed 70 in my family for Eons... that's why I chose to have the vaccine 

Call me foolish.I DON'T CARE.....

• Thanks 2
HeyMike

Many practicing doctors (that is, doctors who actually treat patients)  say that Hydroxychloroquine in the correct dose along with vitamin d and zinc cures patients.

Does anyone know of any studies showing the effects of Hydroxychloroquine cocktails on the new strains of the covid virus? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
RogerDuMond
On 7/4/2021 at 3:58 AM, SkyMan said:

I would prefer if those were based on some accurate science.

The problem is there is no accurate science. The vaccine is not anywhere near what was expected from it. You can still catch the virus and have serious effects from it and can still transmit it to other people. In recent studies, the antibodies from being infected with the virus appear to give better protection from catching it again and it also appears that your protection from these antibodies may last much longer than the vaccine.

With my age and comorbidities, the vaccine is probably a necessity because it may give me some protection, whereas without it, I would most probably die. If I was young and healthy, I would think long and hard before getting the jab.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Soupeod
2 hours ago, RogerDuMond said:

The problem is there is no accurate science. The vaccine is not anywhere near what was expected from it. You can still catch the virus and have serious effects from it and can still transmit it to other people. In recent studies, the antibodies from being infected with the virus appear to give better protection from catching it again and it also appears that your protection from these antibodies may last much longer than the vaccine.

With my age and comorbidities, the vaccine is probably a necessity because it may give me some protection, whereas without it, I would most probably die. If I was young and healthy, I would think long and hard before getting the jab.

Same here

• Like 5
Fish Sandwich

"Antibody dependency" might be interesting to some of you if you're truly being objective. You don't want to find yourself worse off than when you started:

https://rumble.com/vkfz1v-the-vaccine-causes-the-virus-to-be-more-dangerous.html

This is what the mRNA inventors said killed all the animals in lab testing. It wasn't the vaccine, it was the hypersensitivity to the virus they were vaccinated for (caused by the vaccine). That guy is one of the inventors and not anti-vax in the least.

So, then the next common sense question is, is it more deadly? Or did they create that situation? I don't know, food for thought though.

Even the MSM is changing their tune though (or at least not consistent):

https://twitter.com/Trumpgirl19632/status/1420552283360727040

Edited by Fish Sandwich
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
mikewright
6 hours ago, RogerDuMond said:

The problem is there is no accurate science. The vaccine is not anywhere near what was expected from it. You can still catch the virus and have serious effects from it and can still transmit it to other people.

I suspect part of the problem is that some people had unrealistic expectations of what a vaccine could provide, fueled by hope rather than than an understanding of the science.

As far back as June 2020 the US Food and Drug Administration announced that to win regulatory approval, any covid-19 vaccine would have to prevent disease, or decrease its severity, in at least 50 percent of the people who received it. So for a US company to come up with a vaccine five months later with an effective rate of around 90% was indeed, as eloquently expressed at the time,  a modern miracle.

In November, when the preliminary vaccine studies were showing promising results, there were already newspaper reports informing readers that the early 95% effective rates were likely to change, and that it wasn't known whether someone who had been vaccinated might still get infected and spread the virus, whether the shots would give lasting protection, or whether boosters would be required. As the data came in, the answers became clear. It wasn't that the science was inaccurate, it was that until the data was in, there were known unknowns. Same as the data isn't in yet on the effects of "long covid", and its full effects may not be apparent for years.

I don't know what others expect from the vaccines, but my expectations after having had the two jabs of the Astrazeneca is that I could still catch covid and cark-it as a result. Or catch it and pass it on to vulnerable family members. But with a death rate of around 2.7% in recorded covid cases here, and taking into account the potential risks from Alzheimer's, cirrhosis and drop bears, the estimated 90% efficiency rate of the vaccines in preventing serious illness is looking good to me.

Edited by mikewright
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
RogerDuMond
23 minutes ago, mikewright said:

So for a US company to come up with a vaccine five months later with an effective rate of around 90% was indeed, as eloquently expressed at the time,  a modern miracle.

What you are overlooking is that you get better protection from having covid than from getting the jab. Since the recovery rate is somewhere between 97% and 99+%, it seems to me that people would be better served by attaining herd immunity by recovering from the disease than by a vaccination, except for those who are old and/or in poor health.

• Like 2
cookie47
12 minutes ago, mikewright said:

You can still catch the virus and have serious effects from it and can still transmit it to other people.

Agree,, BUT that has been THE EXACTLY THE SAME for years with "us"? older age group with the FLU. I've never availed the flue shot even though it's free to my age group in Australia ,not for any particular reason just never got around to it.Also with the FLU shot the brew changes yearly (or seasonal).So for us older people the situation hasn't really changed ,BUT after all they don't lock you up every senior every flue season....(OR make you wear a mask).

And agree with Mike,Maybe I did/do have unrealistic expectations with the vaccine but what has got me is even as after being fully vacinnated there is still no light at the end of the tunnel.Am I unrealistic ...Others will judge...

• Like 3
mikewright
6 minutes ago, RogerDuMond said:

What you are overlooking is that you get better protection from having covid than from getting the jab. Since the recovery rate is somewhere between 97% and 99%, it seems to me that people would be better served by attaining herd immunity by recovering from the disease than by a vaccination, except for those who are old and in poor health.

Not sure that I follow your logic here Roger.

Take a population of one million people.

If 100% of the population have the jabs, which are 90% effective against death or serious illness, that leaves 10% vulnerable. If that remaining 10% get the disease, and say 99% recover, then 1,000 people die.

Take the same one million people, with no immunity. Recovery rate of 99%. Ten thousand deaths before you get herd immunity?

• Thanks 1
Davaoeno
29 minutes ago, mikewright said:

I suspect part of the problem is that some people had unrealistic expectations of what a vaccine could provide, fueled by hope rather than than an understanding of the science.

As far back as June 2020 the US Food and Drug Administration announced that to win regulatory approval, any covid-19 vaccine would have to prevent disease, or decrease its severity, in at least 50 percent of the people who received it. So for a US company to come up with a vaccine five months later with an effective rate of around 90% was indeed, as eloquently expressed at the time,  a modern miracle.

In November, when the preliminary vaccine studies were showing promising results, there were already newspaper reports informing readers that the early 95% effective rates were likely to change, and that it wasn't known whether someone who had been vaccinated might still get infected and spread the virus, whether the shots would give lasting protection, or whether boosters would be required. As the data came in, the answers became clear. It wasn't that the science was inaccurate, it was that until the data was in, there were known unknowns. Same as the data isn't in yet on the effects of "long covid", and its full effects may not be apparent for years.

I don't know what others expect from the vaccines, but my expectations after having had the two jabs of the Astrazeneca is that I could still catch covid and cark-it as a result. Or catch it and pass it on to vulnerable family members. But with a death rate of around 2.7% in recorded covid cases here, and taking into account the potential risks from Alzheimer's, cirrhosis and drop bears, the estimated 90% efficiency rate of the vaccines in preventing serious illness is looking good to me.

Don't think we didn't notice your feeble attempt to include drop bears in your list Cobber- we all known that while injuries from drop bears can be horrendous they are seldom fatal! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
RogerDuMond
2 minutes ago, mikewright said:

Take the same one million people, with no immunity. Recovery rate of 99%. Ten thousand deaths before you get herd immunity?

You are leaving out part of my statement. That one percent that wouldn't make it are the people that I said should get the vaccine because they are old and/or in poor health. No where did I say that no one should get the vaccine.

• Like 1