Coronavirus Articles, Discussions and Questions

DeedleNuts
1 hour ago, Soupeod said:

Basically they are saying you can transmit the delta variant regardless of immunizations given

You can transmit ANY variant in those circumstances. Vaccination just reduces the odds (the R) and this reduction varies with the variant, the vaccine, and the individual. Same goes for protection; people who are jabbed are massively less likely to get seriously sick from ALL variants.

Also, herds of people who are unvaccinated serve as breeding pools of these variants. 

So people need to get vaccinated or get OK with the idea of getting sick. 

Also, get off my lawn. 

• Like 3
  • Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headshot

• Dafey

• lamoe

• Salty Dog

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New Zealand locked down hard. https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/new-zealand-extends-snap-lockdown-covid-spreads-capital Comments following articles on Zerohedge are not moderated except for

This is a follow up to a Post I made regarding my nephew and Partner and child that had covide. He has improved that no oxygen is needed now but it did fall to 90% at one point...The child was on

From an on line Senior's website which I'm a Member  https://www.yourlifechoices.com.au/health/covid19/glasses-cut-covid-infections-study? This although not conclusive I found interesting as

Posted Images

crazygolfer
3 hours ago, DeedleNuts said:

You can transmit ANY variant in those circumstances. Vaccination just reduces the odds (the R) and this reduction varies with the variant, the vaccine, and the individual. Same goes for protection; people who are jabbed are massively less likely to get seriously sick from ALL variants.

Also, herds of people who are unvaccinated serve as breeding pools of these variants. 

So people need to get vaccinated or get OK with the idea of getting sick. 

Also, get off my lawn. 

My understanding as well. Those infected when vaccinated are less prone to get  a  life threatining condition. That's what is said. Yet I'm now hearing about a 3rd (and 4th boost) .... 

But, yes, beeing vaccinated one still spreads the virus.

• Like 2
DeedleNuts
10 minutes ago, crazygolfer said:

Maybe. It's less likely by a large amount, but it can happen. But since we're all vaccinated, that doesn't matter. Right? And since we're all vaccinated, it will die down to nothing, right?

Get vaccinated people, unless you have a legit health condition. 

• Like 2
Swissrider
My understanding as well. Those infected when vaccinated are less prone to get  a  life threatining condition. That's what is said. Yet I'm now hearing about a 3rd (and 4th boost) .... 
I agree with the less prone to life threating condition. Spreading the virus if vaccinated is still under investigation. Might be, but not sure.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

• Like 1
crazygolfer
5 hours ago, DeedleNuts said:

Maybe. It's less likely by a large amount, but it can happen. But since we're all vaccinated, that doesn't matter. Right? And since we're all vaccinated, it will die down to nothing, right?

Get vaccinated people, unless you have a legit health condition. 

Yes, that's the theory we were told. Now, countries such as Israel and Iceland where everybody (more or less) are fully vaccinated are showing increasing virus infections. How? Why? Is not because of spread from another person? Just pops up?

• Like 1
Kahuna

image.thumb.png.6a3c2501fc7b83547809b012f20ec16e.png

Uh oh.:shocked:

DeedleNuts
3 minutes ago, Kahuna said:

image.thumb.png.6a3c2501fc7b83547809b012f20ec16e.png

Uh oh.:shocked:

Of course. What matters is the actual number and outcomes. 

If 100% of the population is vaccinated, 100% of cases will be vaccinated people, but the number will be relatively low. Reporting like this is intentionally misleading. The UK is running around 90% vaccination rate at this point. Why are not 90% of cases vaccinated people?

Math is tricky, particularly when a specific agenda is being pushed. See also "How to lie with statistics"

• Thanks 2
Kahuna
1 minute ago, DeedleNuts said:

Of course. What matters is the actual number and outcomes.

Excuse me but what really matters is what works and evidently the vaccine does NOT fit that description.  The "trial" of this "experimental vaccine" isn't showing the good news they were promising.  

• Like 2
DeedleNuts
6 minutes ago, Kahuna said:

Excuse me but what really matters is what works and evidently the vaccine does NOT fit that description.  The "trial" of this "experimental vaccine" isn't showing the good news they were promising.  

New data this week has found fully vaccinated adults 65 or older are 94% less likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 than their same-aged peers – and 64% less likely if they have only received one dose of mRNA vaccine. 

These findings are the first large-scale, real-world results confirming Pfizer and Moderna's clinical trial data (and early reports from Israel), said the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which conducted the study.   

This does a good job of explaining: https://www.businessinsider.com/vaccinated-among-delta-deaths-but-older-relatively-few-uk-data-2021-6?op=1

• Like 2
Kahuna
3 minutes ago, DeedleNuts said:

Here's something a little more personal :   https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100068922816380

I think what is happening is not good.. 

You can be upset with me for pointing it out.  Or You can be upset with the medical industry for pulling this . Or you can be upset with yourself  for getting taken in.  

In any case there will never be an end to Covid no matter who or how many get jabbed they will always find another "variant" to keep you masked ,contained and in fear.    They lied to everyone,made promises they never will keep and it will go on until people open their eyes and see.  

• Thanks 1
cookie47

A UK health official misspoke when he said 60% of hospitalized patients had been fully vaccinated

A U.K. health official misspoke when he said, “around 60% of the people being admitted to hospitals with covid have been double vaccinated.” He later issued a correction. 

Partly or fully vaccinated individuals made up about 40% of people who were hospitalized in the U.K. between February and July. Public health officials said that’s due to the U.K.’s high rates of vaccination and the spread of the delta variant.

The vaccines are still effective at reducing the number of infections that result in hospitalization.

See the sources for this fact-check

In a July 19 press conference, the U.K.’s chief science adviser, Sir Patrick Vallance, incorrectly said, "around 60% of the people being admitted to hospitals with COVID have been double vaccinated."

Vallance corrected himself later that day, tweeting: "About 60% of hospitalisations from covid are not from double vaccinated people," Vallance wrote. "Rather 60% of hospitalisations from covid are currently from unvaccinated people."

But by then, clips of Vallance’s initial statement began circulating online.

A viral Facebook post repeated the incorrect statistic and said, "60% of patients admitted to the hospital in the UK have been fully vaccinated."

The post was flagged as part of Facebook’s efforts to combat false news and misinformation on its News Feed. (Read more about our partnership with Facebook.)

The post didn’t acknowledge Vallance’s correction, leaving the misleading impression that it was accurate.

https://www.politifact.com/

What the saying.

There's Truth,Lies and there are statistics.

BTW.  Im 73 and fully vacinnated With Sinovax ,and Haven't grown an extra testicle yet..

Edited by cookie47
Added URL
  • Thanks 4
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

It all comes down to percentages. Choose which ones you want to live or die by...

• Like 3
DeedleNuts
1 hour ago, Kahuna said:

You can be upset with me for pointing it out. 

Sad, but not upset. Data is not the plural of anecdote, I'm sorry. The data say these medicines are effective. I've never been on the Jenny McCarthy train and I'm not buying a ticket this year either. 

As I've said, others can do as they wish. 

Past that, I agree that there are interests that would love to drag this out. I'm just not having it, and most others are not either. We got vaccinated, leave us alone. Make your own choices. I did the same. 

• Haha 1
Kahuna
2 minutes ago, DeedleNuts said:

leave us alone

This platform is here for debate.  Be happy with your choices then but don't tell me what or where I can post here.  Different views can be "challenging" such as mine.  It's no wonder that this is the attitude now that the deed is done.  :hi:Nobody wants to find out they been duped. :cool:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
DeedleNuts
2 minutes ago, Kahuna said:

This platform is here for debate.  Be happy with your choices then but don't tell me what or where I can post here. 

Not what I meant.

I mean stop restricting free movement of vaccinated people, making us wear headgear, and other ridiculous public policy measures. Feel free to pick on me here all you wish, I can pass it out reasonably well as well as take it. 

• Sad 1