Using PayPal to search flights

lamoe

Pursuing flights to Chicago after shutdown - June  to July

Asian Airlines partners with  Delta  - stops in Detroit - the 1 hr difference is later flight out of Inchon :rolleyes:

image.thumb.png.729786a4b3d04bed661fab97c6dd164c.png

image.thumb.png.c066e083f4743e5033d6885b53b61fe2.png

image.thumb.png.959ffa8d59c606323d54a643ce1aa316.png

• Confused 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

I don't see a link or any instructions about using PayPal to search for flights...

I could find the same flights on any decent travel search engine...

lamoe
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

I don't see a link or any instructions about using PayPal to search for flights...

I could find the same flights on any decent travel search engine...

It is a stand alone search engine - wasn't trying to promote them - showing that there can be a significant difference depending on who booked with

Trying to reinstate PayPal came across this feature https://www.alternativeairlines.com/paypal

Edited by lamoe
  • Thanks 1
Paddy

I’m thinking @lamoe your dates might be on the optimistic side. 
Travel “in” to the Philippines has been iffy since mid-Feb. Travel “out” since about mid-March. We’re not due out of ECQ until the end of April. Most governments seem to be taking a staged approach to getting out of lockdown. The US looks like it’s running 3-4 weeks behind. 
If I was betting a “maybe refundable” $1000 on it, I’d probably be looking July-August (at the earliest).

• Like 3
Cgu

If you purchase now, be sure you book with an airline that exists in a few months time. Asiana might not be one of them. Normally booking via a premium cedit card will cover that, but most have dropped this clause in recent time. No wonder, as they know what is coming. Goverments will not step in in such case. With Chapter 11 you will be way down in the pecking order.

So your best option is to book with an airline which has the greatest chance of survival or do not book.

Edited by Cgu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
lamoe

Delta is receiving bailout - booking through Visa Sapphire

Reviewed Delta's policies - refunds on flights booked up to May 31 - refundable / re-schedulable until June 30

2  1/2 months to cancel / change - confident they will change again if still bad - if it all goes in crappy money won't matter anyway.

https://www.delta.com/us/en/advisories/coronavirus-travel/cancel-change-requirements

Can I Cancel/Change My Flight Without Fees?

Updated as of April 14, 2020

Delta is waiving all change fees for travel impacted by coronavirus. This applies to all domestic and international travel departing in March, April, May, or June 2020, as well as all tickets purchased between March 1 and May 31, 2020. 

If your travel is eligible for a waiver, you can move your travel dates and even select a new destination. Your unused ticket will be applied toward your new flight, and in some instances a fare difference will apply. If the new fare is lower, you will receive an eCredit for the difference. If the new fare is higher, the difference will be collected. 

Any Travel Purchased Between March 1 and May 31, 2020 

Tickets originally purchased between March 1 and May 31, 2020, can be changed without a change fee* for up to a year from the date you purchased it. 

What are my next steps? 

To provide you with flexibility for your travel plans, we're offering you the following options to choose what best fits your travel needs.