Salty Dog

Child Predator Finds A Target | What Would You Do?

Salty Dog

• Like 1

lamoe

Seemed like it was only the women who took initial action.

What would I do?

What my daughter advised  me to do - 

Police had seminars on what the public can / should do in situations like this and others where no violence is taking place.

DO NOT instigate a physical confrontation

Take pictures (it's not illegal) - be obvious about it -  try to reason with the girl - if that fails - loudly call for manager - get others involved, etc.

Goetz1965

Whats the allowed age for kids to get a work, to start driving a car... I guess its 16.
So at that age a kid should be "old enough" to decide to meet people it met online and then decide whats next.

I mean if a 16 year old can decide that it wants to drive a car and it wants to have a job .... some politicians even think about let 16 years old vote! That way, this case is so staged....  

• Confused 1

Paddy
21 hours ago, Goetz1965 said:

That way, this case is so staged....  

Yes it is, but that’s not really the point. 

Having made it very clear that other customers have heard the conversation (Being sure of the situation is an absolute pre-requisite before anyone should take any action - other than someone asking the girl “do you know this man?”) the question then becomes “what would you do?”  

You cannot guarantee that the girl will be of sufficiently strong character to act in a manner likely to cause, in her mind, extreme embarrassment. Plus the guy may be very persuasive. She needs to know that the other people around her will help her and not simply be the audience for her embarrassment. 

In general, far better if a woman does the initial talking to the girl....

• Like 1

Goetz1965
2 hours ago, Paddy said:

You cannot guarantee that the girl will be of sufficiently strong character to act in a manner likely to cause, in her mind, extreme embarrassment.

Then what will you do in any Jollibee here in the philippines when you see the 20+ year old with the 60+ year old foreigner...
Many of the 20+ year old philippinas are far less "strong character" than 16 year old western girls...

Paddy
4 hours ago, Goetz1965 said:

Then what will you do in any Jollibee here in the philippines when you see the 20+ year old with the 60+ year old foreigner...
Many of the 20+ year old philippinas are far less "strong character" than 16 year old western girls...

Whilst I agree with your assertion regarding 20+ year old filipinas vs 16 year old western girls (to some extent at least), the jollibee situation you describe is none of my business (unless, of course, there was an overheard discussion along similar lines as the video - I.e. “you’re not the person I was expecting to meet...” 

Soupeod
6 hours ago, Goetz1965 said:

Last time I saw that was two young women and a +60 year old in a Jolliebee in Seattle, Wa, Usa

Salty Dog
1 hour ago, Soupeod said:

Last time I saw that was two young women and a +60 year old in a Jolliebee in Seattle, Wa, Usa

You were in Seattle where you can get great food, but you were at Jollibee...:biggrin_01:

• Haha 2

Soupeod
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

You were in Seattle where you can get great food, but you were at Jollibee...:biggrin_01:

Yes, my ex was a Filipina.  :lol:

Edited by Soupeod

lamoe
On 4/16/2020 at 9:46 AM, Goetz1965 said:

Whats the allowed age for kids to get a work, to start driving a car... I guess its 16.
So at that age a kid should be "old enough" to decide to meet people it met online and then decide whats next.

I mean if a 16 year old can decide that it wants to drive a car and it wants to have a job .... some politicians even think about let 16 years old vote! That way, this case is so staged....  

Driving - 14 in some states - most 18 - in all  given a test to see if minimally proficient  and many require learners permit / restrictions for the younger ages.

As far as work - supervised / given instructions - even paperboy?

Without proper instruction / supervision from parents 16 is waaay to young. But then with proper guidance she would have gotten up when he admitted he lied.