Flight Cancellation Nightmare

liquido
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Cgu said:

People should be happy to receive anything from the airlines, as they would not need tp refund anything. Some airlines just, specially discount airlines, do not refund anything.

I guess it boils down to paying for a service up front and not receiving it or forced to receive the service at a later date.In comparison looking at it if I pay in advance for a taxi to pick me up and he does not show up and you do not get refunded or you get a credit for a later date pickup. That would be completely unacceptable.But then in the airline industry the no shows would hurt them..there must be another way..I guess i have to much time to think...

Edited by liquido
Cgu
10 hours ago, liquido said:

I pay in advance for a taxi to pick me up and he does not show up and you do not get refunded or you get a credit for a later date pickup. That would be completely unacceptable.

If the taxi is not allowed to drive, because the gov imposed a travel ban, it is not the taxis fault. It is called "exceptional cirumstances". So if your flight is in a date where the border of departure or destination is closed, tough luck, like a war ot an outbreak.

smokey

Yes i am also fighting with cheaptic i bought ticket jan for march 26 flight korean air canceled i ask refund run around sir wait till flight maybe they will change their minds .  I CANCLED thru card company they are still fighting it as its not our fault korean air canceled.. I said i book flight the carrier canceled as far as i think your ticket is like a check on a closed acct

lamoe

I already knew about US and then China from having a flight cancelled from there to Mactan - gov shut down airport - transportation / hotel / food /  provided. 1 day true but still a gov ordered shutdown, 1 day / 1 month  - weather / virus = same.

You booked / paid for a service, that's a contract,  that was not fulfilled due to no fault of the provider or you.

Not issuing a refund is understandable when everything is shut down. However if they have done so in the past for natural disasters when cities / regions are shutdown there maybe less justification to not issue vouchers for future flights / even refunds.

How to determine your legal rights per airline - hopefully. China / SEA depends.

The Legal Agreement Airlines Don’t Want You to Know About

Did you know that every time you purchase airline tickets, you’re entering into a contract with the airline? More specifically, one that requires them to offer a certain set of benefits in various circumstances?

I didn’t, at least not before I worked for AirHelp.

I guess you could say it’s common sense: any time you enter into a purchase, you’re entering into a contract with the seller. But what’s interesting, in this case is that the contract of carriage points out that air travelers have rights they might not even know about.

These rights include things like: compensation an airline may owe you in the case of flight disruption, lost or damaged baggage, overbookings, and more. All you have to do is know how to read the contract of carriage to see what could be owed to you.

How to Find An Airline’s Contract of Carriage

If you want to know more about flight cancelled compensation eu and what contract the airline has, you can go to their website. It’s usually pretty easy to find an airline’s contract of carriage – though some airlines’ websites are harder to navigate than others. One way to start is to go to your airline’s website and type “contract of carriage” into the search bar...

Read more at https://www.airhelp.com/en/blog/the-legal-agreement-airlines-dont-want-you-to-know-about-519

Headshot

We were supposed to be touring New Zealand right now, but since New Zealand closed their borders, we couldn't make the trip. We were booked on Singapore Airlines, and they are refunding all of our money. Not all airlines are created equal though.

• Administrator
Salty Dog
53 minutes ago, Headshot said:

We were supposed to be touring New Zealand right now, but since New Zealand closed their borders, we couldn't make the trip. We were booked on Singapore Airlines, and they are refunding all of our money. Not all airlines are created equal though.

Not all of use have the big bucks to travel on prestigious airlines...:)

Headshot
13 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

Not all of use have the big bucks to travel on prestigious airlines...:)

The choices for traveling to New Zealand from the Philippines (without flying all over the world first) are limited.