Jump to content
BossHog

Community Lockdowns & Quarantines (Update September 1, 2020)

Recommended Posts

battleborn

It's crazy but Cebu City sets their own rules and may be completely different from the rest of Cebu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jaybee747
2 hours ago, TimL said:

Not much changed at all for quality of life. More businesses can open, 75% in seat dining allowed and not enough QPasses to make any of it relevant. The building that I live in got 4 passes for 60 units. Try getting one to go any where. 😂

The few restaurants I went was at 10-20% occupancy. Nowadays I gave up going out at all, just to avoid the hassle of putting face mask, putting face shield, getting quarantine pass, filling up these stupid little pieces of paper at each entrance, getting harassed by security guards and "zone controllers" if your mask is not properly covered your nose and being surrounded by bunch of mindless people who look like we are in the middle of  some kind of biological warfare. If it so dangerous outside as they claim, I will just stay at home and cook my own meals.

Edited by jaybee747
spell
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wondersailor

Where I am in Digos City, south or Davao, while ban an seniors was lifted several weeks ago, the mayor last week started a new mandate of face shields + masks in all public places. Businesses here are enforcing, or not, new mandate plus adding new store policies. Went to MacDonalds yesterday and 1/2 of patrons in line did not have face shields. I viewed this from outside because I was prevented from entering because store manager decided no one 60+ could enter. Another store requires patrons to remove footwear before entering. This is becoming the very essence of chaos dispite the limited number of Covid cases in the city.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Davaoeno
2 minutes ago, wondersailor said:

Where I am in Digos City, south or Davao, while ban an seniors was lifted several weeks ago, the mayor last week started a new mandate of face shields + masks in all public places. Businesses here are enforcing, or not, new mandate plus adding new store policies. Went to MacDonalds yesterday and 1/2 of patrons in line did not have face shields. I viewed this from outside because I was prevented from entering because store manager decided no one 60+ could enter. Another store requires patrons to remove footwear before entering. This is becoming the very essence of chaos dispite the limited number of Covid cases in the city.

You should move to Davao ! Hehe   I'm 73 and have never been refused entry anywhere- nor have I ever been asked to remove my footwear.     Is Digos a Covid hotspot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HeyMike

Good grief... after reading these posts, I am now glad my flights were canceled twice.

I missed returning to Cebu in March by 2 days with my first flight being canceled. Then, in August my second flight was canceled.

I said at the time no matter how bad it got in Cebu, I would still rather be there than here in New Jersey. But now, I don't think I would have the patience to put up with all the bs there.

Seems like the cancellations may have been a blessing in disguise. I still miss Barili, but the Barili I remember; not this chaotic lockdown.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smokey
14 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

You should move to Davao ! Hehe   I'm 73 and have never been refused entry anywhere- nor have I ever been asked to remove my footwear.     Is Digos a Covid hotspot?

Maybe they are afraid you will pass out by bending so far over to remove shoes  i have been 59 for years now started on boat over 59 gets medical exam but no discount fir foreigners so i am 59

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wondersailor
1 hour ago, Davaoeno said:

You should move to Davao ! Hehe   I'm 73 and have never been refused entry anywhere- nor have I ever been asked to remove my footwear.     Is Digos a Covid hotspot?

Hardly, Davao is more a "hotspot" then Digos. That is of course referring to covid. For paranoia? I think we quicky becoming a hot spot for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wondersailor
1 hour ago, smokey said:

Maybe they are afraid you will pass out by bending so far over to remove shoes  i have been 59 for years now started on boat over 59 gets medical exam but no discount fir foreigners so i am 59

Your right. I should have seen it coming when security asked my age. I did give all present a thorough education in American curse words at a very high volume and will not soon be able to pull the "I'm 59" line on them soon without being remembered. I readily admit that I am at the end of my rope with the lunacy of all of this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kreole
1 hour ago, HeyMike said:

Good grief... after reading these posts, I am now glad my flights were canceled twice.

I missed returning to Cebu in March by 2 days with my first flight being canceled. Then, in August my second flight was canceled.

I said at the time no matter how bad it got in Cebu, I would still rather be there than here in New Jersey. But now, I don't think I would have the patience to put up with all the bs there.

Seems like the cancellations may have been a blessing in disguise. I still miss Barili, but the Barili I remember; not this chaotic lockdown.

You are one of the lucky ones.  Worse off are those whose plans to leave the RP for other countries had their flights cancelled, rescheduled, cancelled, etc.  This is an atmosphere of fear and indecision because how can a person make a decision when all the parameters are changing daily by people who do not know what they are doing?  And the worst is the government's insane response by extending, extending and more extending of the lockdown / quarantine.  I had planned to leave months ago to do a virus / visa run, which is now impossible.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lamoe

SunStar  Cebu  Wednesday, September 16, 2020 site date          article date August 26, 2020 - any updates?

 

Quote

Any news on Cebu City quarantine level / rescinding?
 

-https://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/1868306/Cebu/Local-News/Cebu-City-Mayor-Edgardo-Labellas-plans-under-MGCQ-Yes-to-quarantine-pass-no-to-entertainment

August 26, 2020

IF CEBU City’s quarantine status is downgraded to the less restrictive modified general community quarantine (MGCQ) on Sept. 1, 2020, Mayor Edgardo Labella wants to retain the use of the quarantine passes to limit the residents’ movements in public spaces.

He also does not want the entertainment industries such as theaters and organizers of concerts to resume their businesses. This is to avoid the gathering of people in one place.



The government-imposed community quarantine’s purpose is to safeguard the public from contracting Sars-CoV-2, the virus that causes the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19).

Cebu City is under general community quarantine (GCQ) until Aug. 31, 2020.

The Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases still has to decide whether to retain the city’s current quarantine status.

Labella admitted that the MGCQ status is favorable to the business community, which has suffered amid the Covid-19 pandemic. However, he has reservations about this quarantine status.

He said MGCQ has a “corresponding disadvantage” because it entails less restrictions.

“Until now, I do not quite agree if this should be done during MGCQ: the opening of theaters, movie houses and concerts,” Labella said.

He said the social distancing policy is hard to monitor in places or events with a large crowd.

QR-coded passes

Labella said he still wants to implement the use of quarantine passes with quick response (QR) codes if the city is placed under MGCQ.

“As I’ve said, whether we like it or not, whether it is GCQ, ECQ (enhanced community quarantine), MGCQ or MECQ, it’s still quarantine and the virus is still around,” he said.

Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) Cebu City Director Ian Kenneth Lucero said Labella can still order the use of the quarantine passes.

“If the mayor deems it necessary to continue the enforcement of the quarantine passes to sustain all the city’s efforts in addressing Covid-19, he can,” said Lucero, who is also the secretariat head of the regional IATF.

Lucero said the MGCQ status is the transition phase between GCQ and the new normal.

In GCQ and MGCQ settings, minimum public health standards such as wearing masks and observing physical distance must be complied with at all times.

Public movement in a place under GCQ is limited to getting essential goods and services, and work in the offices or industries permitted to operate.

Persons below 21 and those who are 60 and above, those with immunodeficiency, comorbidities or other health risks and pregnant women must stay home at all times unless they have to buy essential goods and services, or are allowed to work in permitted businesses.

On the other hand, all persons are allowed outside their houses in a place on MGCQ status.

Public transport is allowed in both GCQ and modified GCQ settings provided that the physical distancing is observed inside permitted public utility vehicles.

RIATF role

When asked if the RIATF already has a recommendation for Cebu City’s quarantine status for September, Lucero said it is not part of the process for the RIATF to recommend.

Lucero said the IATF, based on data, considers the social, security, economic and health risks in determining the risk level classification for the local government units.

The RIATF, he said, will only take part if there is an appeal from a local government unit on its risk level classification determined by the IATF.

The appeal will pass through the RIATF for concurrence before it is endorsed to the technical working group of the IATF for appropriate action.

Checkpoints

To maintain discipline, Labella said checkpoints in some areas in Cebu City may continue if the city is placed on MGCQ status.

The mayor will meet with representatives of government agencies, including the officials of the Department of Health (DOH), Cebu City Health Department and the Philippine National Police.

He will also meet with the representatives of private hospitals to discuss the city’s Covid-19 situation.

Labella said he has to consult different sectors to ensure that the “health of the people in the City of Cebu will not be compromised” if the city’s quarantine status is downgraded to MGCQ.

Curve ‘flattened’

The mayor said Cebu City has now “flattened the curve” of Covid-19 cases.

As of Aug. 25, Cebu City had a total of 9,531 confirmed Covid-19 cases with 1,212 active cases.

The city had logged seven new cases on Aug. 25.

The number of recoveries in the city reached 7,694. It had a total of 625 mortalities.


Labella also disclosed that of the 54 schools used as Barangay Isolation Centers (BICs), only four schools remain as BICs. He did not disclose the names of the four schools.

The mayor attributed this development to the city residents who follow quarantine rules, the aggressive contact tracing, massive Covid-19 testing and the help of law enforcers.

He also credited the assistance of IATF Deputy Chief Implementer for the Visayas Melquiades Feliciano and appointed overseer of Cebu City’s Covid-19 response Environment Secretary Roy Cimatu. (JJL)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Sailfish Bay Fishing Charters

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..