BossHog

Community Lockdowns & Quarantines (Update Aug 03, 2020)

BossHog

Watching Duterte's speech live now.

The takeaway so far:

Travel to and from Metro Manila suspended from March 15 until April 14 due to COVID-19   /   

President Rodrigo Duterte announces extension of class suspensions in Metro Manila until April 12, 2020   /   

Duterte suspends work in the executive department due to COVID-19.

I'm sure details will follow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

BossHog

"MANILA, Philippines – Metro Manila, a region of over 12 million people, will be placed on lockdown for at least 30 days to contain the spread of the novel coronavirus in the Philippines.

This was announced by President Rodrigo Duterte in an evening address on Thursday, March 12, after declaring that the alert level for the coronavirus has been raised to its maximum level of Code Red Sublevel 2, marking the first massive lockdown in the country in recent history.

The lockdown covers 16 cities and one municipality of Metro Manila, as prescribed by the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) on the coronavirus outbreak, which is composed of key Duterte Cabinet officials.

"The recommendation of the Department of Health Technical Advisory Group on imposing Stringent Social Distancing Measures in the National Capital Region are adopted for a period of 30 days," the IATF's Resolution No. 11 reads.

It adds: "Land, domestic air, and domestic sea travel to and from Metro Manila shall be suspended after the expiration of 48 hours from issuance of this Resolution."

Under Section 6 Article III of the Constitution, the government has the power to limit the right of people to travel if it is "in the interest of national security, public safety, or public health, as may be provided by law."

https://www.rappler.com/nation/254101-metro-manila-placed-on-lockdown-coronavirus-outbreak

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

TequilaSunset

Yup, this just screwed up my lease signing, lessor, who lives in Manila, and cant make the trip to Bantayan now.. ughs

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

user333
26 minutes ago, BossHog said:

Stringent Social Distancing Measures

Are all the MRT stations and MRT cars being shut down too? No more Jeepneys? All the malls are being closed? There are 12 million people. How can they keep their distance from each other? 

• Like 2

streak03

Lol, yes, I'm sure that they can make that happen hahahaah

smokey

My flight to usa on korean air was bagged that sucks

• Like 2

TequilaSunset
My flight to usa on korean air was bagged that sucks
I just went through this, switched flights coming back tuesday, I couldn't get out of connecting flight in incheon to USA. Phil air to LAX then to Sacramento... ugh

HeyMike

I am not sure if I understand flights coming out of Incheon, South Korea.

Will I have a problem flying out from JFK in New York to Cebu on Asiana, with a layover in Incheon?

It seems like I should not have a problem, but after reading the posts here, I am not so sure. Does anyone have info on this?

Cgu
2 hours ago, BossHog said:

Duterte suspends work in the executive department due to COVID-19.

I am sure this must be a misunderstanding. 

How could a country work without the executive branch. Nothing would work...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

TequilaSunset
I am not sure if I understand flights coming out of Incheon, South Korea.
Will I have a problem flying out from JFK in New York to Cebu on Asiana, with a layover in Incheon?
It seems like I should not have a problem, but after reading the posts here, I am not so sure. Does anyone have info on this?

Changes are constant, check daily. Mine went from added hours, to adding another day, then canceled. I got out on phil air to Manila, to LAX then home.

fivestarph

Interesting that you can still book flights on Cebu Pacific after the 15th March from Manila to Cebu.

I would have expected all flights to be cancelled or can Cebuanos currently in Manila still fly back to Cebu after the 15th?

• Like 1

BossHog

I checked Cebu Pacific this morning and noticed that as well. I guess their website isn't updated and they're waiting for the official pronouncement to do so.

My travel question is: I got a friend coming to visit next week who's arriving in Manila from overseas and then has a direct flight from Clark to Siargao. Considering NCR will be on lockdown then will it be possible to get from NAIA to CRK?

So many questions out there!

Sent from my Flare Tab using Tapatalk

GBT62

SunStar Cebu

The Provincial Government of Bohol announced Friday, March 13, 2020 that they will no longer accept visitors from outside the Bohol Island Province starting Monday (March 16, 2020) until Friday (March 20, 2020). This community quarantine is part of the preventive measures of the province against #COVID19. #AllYouNeedToKnow

image.png.00f048bad172dfa3b4d741e67ab01981.png

BossHog

A five day quarantine? Is that a joke? You get the feeling they didn't want to be left out of the excitement but don't want to lose much tourism. Curious choice.

Sent from my Flare Tab using Tapatalk

• Like 3

TequilaSunset
Interesting that you can still book flights on Cebu Pacific after the 15th March from Manila to Cebu.
I would have expected all flights to be cancelled or can Cebuanos currently in Manila still fly back to Cebu after the 15th?
I found some airlines show the flight, but once you start the process of booking, it shows not available