Cebu Pacific Air Travel Fund

PeterC

I cancelled my Cebu Pacific Air flight yesterday and put the ticket cost in the Travel Fund, but in my Cebu Pacific Air account, there is no icon or button which I can click to see the details of the Fund.

I hesitate to cancel my other 11 flights in May until I am sure the Travel Fund is in my account.

Is there someone who knows how to view the details of the Travel Fund in the Cebu Pacific Air account

• Like 1
Goetz1965

I still wait for my refund due to Taal volcano eruption that happened in february!
Until today I have received NOTHING at all!
Only those emails keep popping up, but to me it looks like Cebu Pacific is NOT refunding money.

I wait now until lockdown is over and then I will go personally to the main branch and insist to get refunded in cash. Will sure be fun discussiong that with the branch manager, but I will not leave that branch without my money!

Hi, xxxx!

We're glad to inform you that your refund request for Booking Reference LICPVQ has already been processed. Below are the details: 

Amount: PHP 7,671.56
Card Type: RBank
Card Last 4-digit No.: xxxx

The said amount will be credited back to your account within the next two billing cycles or longer, depending on your card issuing bank's turnaround time.
For any questions or concerns, please directly contact your card issuing bank.

• Like 2
PeterC
Posted (edited)

Cebu Pacific Air does not provide refund any more, if you cancel your flight, you may choose re book or put ticket cost in Travel fund.

You are lucky there is a Cebu Pacific Air branch in your area.

Edited by PeterC
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
38 minutes ago, Goetz1965 said:

I still wait for my refund due to Taal volcano eruption that happened in february!

A Refund and a Travel Fund are different. CP's Travel Fund is internal and is their preferred method to handle cancelled flight reimbursements. It's placed in this fund to be used as a credit for a future flight. A refund such as yours is where CP refunds your payment back to you with a check or via a credit card credit.

In the past, for many people, its been a real pain in the ass to get local airlines to provide an actual refund and it can take forever. 

I knew someone who's refund from PAL took a year. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
PeterC
Posted (edited)

Just received an email from Cebu Pacific Air confirming the Travel Fund has  been credited to my GetGo account, however,  there is still no icon or button in the GetGo account to access the Fund,  hope there is no error.

Edited by PeterC
wrong spelling
aussiekangaroo

I got refunded my throw away ticket from Clark to Hong Kong which I requested in February, it only took about 2-3 weeks to show up to my Aussie card.

With refunds to Philippines banks they do seem to take much much longer to be processed then to my Aussie banks.

• Like 1
liquido
3 hours ago, PeterC said:

Just received an email from Cebu Pacific Air confirming the Travel Fund has  been credited to my GetGo account, however,  there is still no icon or button in the GetGo account to access the Fund,  hope there is no error.

Sign in to your GetGo account..In upper right hand corner click on your name next to logout..My Travel Fund  and other options will pop down...........

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
7 minutes ago, liquido said:

My Travel Fund  and other options will pop down...........

But he want's to know his, not yours...:P

• Haha 1
liquido
1 minute ago, Salty Dog said:

But he want's to know his, not yours...:P

It wil say"My Travel Fund"  for him because he is signing into his account...

• Haha 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
6 minutes ago, liquido said:

It wil say"My Travel Fund"  for him because he is signing into his account...

You're the 3rd person today to come back with a serious response to my attempt at a humorous post, ...:scratch_head:

Guess I need to get some new material...:pardon:

• Haha 1
PeterC
22 minutes ago, liquido said:

Sign in to your GetGo account..In upper right hand corner click on your name next to logout..My Travel Fund  and other options will pop down...........

Did as you wrote, but nothing pop up.

Screenshot (31).png

PeterC
7 hours ago, liquido said:

Does not look familiar???   Last resort, try this address..https://book.cebupacificair.com/Manage/Retrieve

I eventually can see the details of my Travel Fund by clicking the link you provided and sign in.

After I cancelled my flight, Cebu Pacific sent me an email, it wrote

"To redeem your Travel Fund for future bookings, simply log in to your GetGo account and use Travel Fund as form of payment. If your Travel Fund ... ",  which made me assume I should sign in my GetGo account through this page

https://www.getgo.com.ph/?utm_source=ggedm&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Free&utm_campaign=GGPromoCodes_BETAGETGOING_20171023&utm_content=edm_inline