Traveling SRRV Holders Advisory (updated 14 Aug 2020)

Paddy

I think most folks who want in or out are either where they want to be, or stuck somewhere else by now,  but just to catch up on something I wondered about at the time “if I had been out of the Philippines and wanted to get back, could I?...”

I got this from the PRA on the 26th. 

54251B85-E11F-4763-AE68-1A5EF4954363.thumb.jpeg.e0ac85e83391059a48659f160e3db117.jpeg

Seems the answer would have been “no”..

I’m glad the PRA is now asking for SRRV holders to be treated as permanent residents. But duh...?

• 4 months later...
SkyMan

Unless this is faked, SRRVs now allowed back in.  I think this is important enough to be it's own thread for a week or so but then moved to the Flying in/out thread.

117252050_3083707511724909_8806039915575

• Like 3
SkyMan
3 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Unless this is faked

Maybe it's not official yet.  I don't see anything on the BI website (not unusual) or their fb page.  Stay tuned.

Paddy

Nothing from PRA yet either. 

However, yesterday I read the EO that created the PRA way back in 85’ish. In that document, we were “guaranteed residential status”. Marcos signed that EO, and there obviously could have been subsequent changes as accountability for PRA changed hands over the years. More research required. 

streak03

I just sent my 9a packet yesterday lol. 

streak03

Just got this reply for a message I sent to BI on Facebook but haven't seen it posted anywhere else..Hi! SRRV holders may be allowed entry provided that they have a Filipino spouse/children. Thank you.

• Like 1
Paddy
5 hours ago, streak03 said:

Just got this reply for a message I sent to BI on Facebook but haven't seen it posted anywhere else..Hi! SRRV holders may be allowed entry provided that they have a Filipino spouse/children. Thank you.

Of course, that’s not quite what @SkyMan’s letter above says, but it is in line with the BI memorandum referenced in the PRA advisory below  from July 8. (This doc was not emailed to me as other advisories were. I found it on the PRA FB page)

590F0FDC-A9CD-4607-893A-9E5F4ED8EC90.thumb.png.8a5d8e5136955eeff4c762e54dbb6595.png

Sorry about the crummy image quality. I’m using an iPhone and keep getting “not supported file extension” messages when trying to upload. 

streak03

I still don't see the change posted anywhere official.  Hopefully they'll put it out, that's a bit important to know. But hey, its more fun in Philippines..lol

streak03

PRESS RELEASE
14 August 2020

Alien spouses of Pinoys with existing
visas can enter PH, BI clarifies

MANILA, Philippines - The Bureau of Immigration (BI) said foreign spouses of Filipinos can enter the country if they already have existing visas previously issued to them by the Bureau.

Immigration Commissioner Jaime Morente clarified that the said aliens can enter the Philippines as long as the visas that were issued to them by the Bureau are still valid.

"If you are married to a Philippine citizen and a holder of a valid visa that you obtained from the Bureau, you may enter the country without the need to secure an entry visa from your port of origin," Morente explained. "The visa that you hold will suffice as basis for our immigration officers to admit you upon your arrival in our ports of entry."

Morente said he issued the clarification to address reports of alleged confusion over the BI's earlier pronouncement that all foreign spouses, dependents and parents of Filipinos must have the appropriate visas to enter the country.

The BI Chief stressed that it would be impractical to require these alien spouses, dependents and parents of Filipinos to secure new visas if they already have visas that are still valid in their possession. "Only foreigners married to Filipinos who do not possess any visa at all are required to secure entry visas to be able to enter our country," he said.

Morente, however, warned that aliens with existing visa but possess expired Alien Certificate of Registration Identity Cards (ACR I-Cards) will be denied entry, thus they have to renew the same before traveling to the Philippines.

A memorandum issued last Wednesday, 12 August 2020, by BI Port Operations Division Acting Chief Grifton Medina further clairified that alien spouses, minor dependents and parents of Filipino minors are no longer required to secure visas if they already possessed valid visas issued by the BI.

Medina said these visas need not only be those that were issued to aliens by reason of their marriage to Filipinos.

"For example, a holder of a valid 9(g) working visa or a Special
Retiree's Resident Visa (SRRV) can enter the country if he or she is married to a Filipino. They need not apply for a new entry visa from our Philippine Consulates abroad," Medina said.

Medina also said that foreign spouses of Filipinos exempted from the travel ban also cover former Filipinos who have been naturalized as citizens of other countries. "They may join their spouses or children so long as they secure or possess the appropriate visas," he said.

The BI official explained that "the bottomline is that no foreigner can enter the country without a visa even if he is
married to a Filipino. All of them
must have a valid visa or they will be turned back upon arriving in our ports of entry."

• Thanks 1
SkyMan

Hmmmmmm, so still no help for unmarried SRRV members.

Paddy
23 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Hmmmmmm, so still no help for unmarried SRRV members.

Correct

• 2 months later...
BossHog

In other news today...new SRRV visa applications have been suspended for the time being.

srrv1.thumb.jpg.04e881ed39eb4eb23d3d559357f4078b.jpg

• Like 1
Soupeod
5 hours ago, BossHog said:

In other news today...new SRRV visa applications have been suspended for the time being.

srrv1.thumb.jpg.04e881ed39eb4eb23d3d559357f4078b.jpg

So this channel is closing. This article pertains to the srrv as well:

• Like 2
Goetz1965

As my tourist visa will end this october I started SRRV application in may, getting all the necessary papers takes month.
Then in September I finally had them all and paid the fee and PRA told me that NOW my visa isnt valid long enough and they cant process.
SO I had to do motion of reconsideration and now just got 2 more month approved from manila.
But sure its just a stupid coincidence that just now a f*** politician needs more publicity and starts going after "chinese abusing the SRRV".

The PRA regulations are still valid, they are now just investigating them.
So there is no legal reson to suspend anything!

Its just another bullsh** political play in which we foreigners are the hostages!

I paid 300US$ to get a police clearance from my home country, but that is only valid 6 then for month.
I paid the 1760 US$ application fee and 1st year - which is ofcourse non refundable.
Plus the other expenses I had doing all paperwork...

So Im sure when this is all over the PRA will just smile and tell me sorry sir but thnak you for the money but you need to pay all again.

Edited by Goetz1965
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3