USA Coronavirus Bill's Stimulus Payments (Updated May 2021)

8 minutes ago, HeyMike said:

So, I got stimulated today through my social security information, not through any income tax filings. Sadly, my wife got no stimulation as of yet. She did file a non-filer form on the irs website. Hopefully, that will be enough to get her stimulated.

can you elaborate, in English please?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• redboy

• Beserker101

• Salty Dog

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Advice for Americans getting Stimulus payments   Q: What is an Economic Stimulus payment? A: It is money that the federal government will send to taxpayers. Q: Where will the governme

Well then, she can kiss the new scooter goodbye.

Our stimulus checks are pending in our account, are set to post on. Jan 4

Posted Images

HeyMike
2 minutes ago, redboy said:

can you elaborate, in English please?

I'll try... If a person is a citizen or legal resident  in America, and they don't make a lot of money, their Uncle Sam is giving said persons free money to the tune of 1200 bucks per person.

Most people received their stimulation (that is what it is called) money through the irs income tax forms filed with the irs. Not all people file income tax forms (like me), so the treasury dept. gathered info from peoples social security info. The people who get the stimulation bucks through the ss info started receiving their money on April 29 (that would be me).

Now, my wife is a legal resident here in the good ol' US of A and she also has a social security card which makes her eligible to get stimulated by the 1200 bucks. Wifey does not file income taxes, nor does she get social security, ergo she needed to do something else for her stimulation. That something else was to file a "non-filer" form on the irs website. So now we wait to see if she gets her stimulation.

Got it? Good. 

• Haha 1
Edwin
2 hours ago, HeyMike said:

So, I got stimulated today through my social security information, not through any income tax filings. Sadly, my wife got no stimulation as of yet. She did file a non-filer form on the irs website. Hopefully, that will be enough to get her stimulated.

Are you telling me if my wife doesn't get stimulated by me the   government has a website for her? What will they think of next?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

What very reputable sources are saying is this:

Only U.S. citizens and immigrants with Social Security Numbers (SSN) are eligible for stimulus checks from the federal government's COVID-19 economic relief package. The legislation's guidelines exclude the remainder of the country's immigrant population from receiving the one-time payments — and, in effect, their spouses won't get the money either if the couple filed a joint tax return (and are not in the military).

(From snopes.com)

Edited by Daddle
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

Why would a legal permanent resident alien not have a SS#? 

Beserker101

e-file & free-file have assured me that the stimulus check was processed and is in the mail-

* I really don't feel assured,  the post office in Talisay is not answering the phone,

..... don't know if they're receiving mail from the U.S.  :sad_01:

26 minutes ago, Beserker101 said:

e-file & free-file have assured me that the stimulus check was processed and is in the mail-

* I really don't feel assured,  the post office in Talisay is not answering the phone,

..... don't know if they're receiving mail from the U.S.  :sad_01:

Well I will know the answer to that question at least later today, I'm sending someone to the post office to check on my mail, I don't expect a check, but I do expect to pick up my monthly social security letters that i always receive. They always send me a letter telling me how much money they are deducting for my defaulted college loan. :)

But as a non filer there is no way that i know of to check whether the check is in the mail so to speak or not. but we can assume checks are being mailed to the Philippines?

• Like 1
Beserker101
54 minutes ago, redboy said:

Well I will know the answer to that question at least later today, I'm sending someone to the post office to check on my mail, I don't expect a check, but I do expect to pick up my monthly social security letters that i always receive. They always send me a letter telling me how much money they are deducting for my defaulted college loan. :)

But as a non filer there is no way that i know of to check whether the check is in the mail so to speak or not. but we can assume checks are being mailed to the Philippines?

very curious here to your result sir-

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Beserker101 said:

very curious here to your result sir-

Bad news, post offices are closed here in Consolacion, and also found out in Manila as well, so assume it is nation wide until May 15th minimum.

• Like 1
smokey

Maybe its just me but i would think mail is essential. Even rao is closed and many get checks and meds thru mail

• Like 1
redboy
38 minutes ago, smokey said:

Maybe its just me but i would think mail is essential. Even rao is closed and many get checks and meds thru mail

It's a bitch ain't it? All postal workers in the infinite wisdom of the government have been re assigned as front line personell

Headshot
29 minutes ago, JoMads said:

No updates anyone?

My sister received a check in my father's name (actually in the name of his trust). He died in 2018. The tax lawyer told her to hold on to it, since it isn't taxable money. I haven't seen anything from them for me, and my brother (who is retired and travels around in a van) hasn't seen anything in his name either.

HeyMike
33 minutes ago, JoMads said:

No updates anyone?

As I stated, I received my payment April 29... I did not have any tax returns for years and received my payment because I am on social security. I did not have to do anything.

Update for my wife... My wife has a green card and a social security number. I filled out the "non-filer" form online for her. This is the form for those who are eligible for the payment, but did not send in any tax returns and who do not get social security. We finally got status information from the "get my payment" tool on the IRS website. Her status says she will get her payment by direct deposit on May 13th. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, HeyMike said:

As I stated, I received my payment April 29... I did not have any tax returns for years and received my payment because I am on social security. I did not have to do anything.

Update for my wife... My wife has a green card and a social security number. I filled out the "non-filer" form online for her. This is the form for those who are eligible for the payment, but did not send in any tax returns and who do not get social security. We finally got status information from the "get my payment" tool on the IRS website. Her status says she will get her payment by direct deposit on May 13th. 

can you say if this or either account is a bank in the Philippines? I am eligible and waiting, but not sure why I'm waiting as I may not get a deposit to a foreign bank. it has never been confirmed on either SS website or the IRS site.