USA Coronavirus Bill's Stimulus Payments (Updated May 2021)

SmokyMtnRon
18 hours ago, Headshot said:

Just out of curiosity, do you file a joint return with your wife?

Yes.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• redboy

• Beserker101

• Salty Dog

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Advice for Americans getting Stimulus payments   Q: What is an Economic Stimulus payment? A: It is money that the federal government will send to taxpayers. Q: Where will the governme

Well then, she can kiss the new scooter goodbye.

Our stimulus checks are pending in our account, are set to post on. Jan 4

Posted Images

smokey

We got ours direct deposit we do joint taxes

Headshot
1 hour ago, SmokyMtnRon said:

Yes.

Is your wife a US citizen?

SmokyMtnRon
2 hours ago, Headshot said:

Is your wife a US citizen?

Yes, she was naturalized in '74. Last January was our 50th wedding anniversary.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
HeyMike

I know I am suppose to receive a check because I have a 1099 form from social security.

I have a few questions for my wife. Any info would be appreciated. I have looked for hours and can not find the answers.

I receive a social security check by direct deposit every month. My wife does not work, but she does have a green card and a social security number. I have not filed income tax for over 5 years.

I see my wife meets the requirements for a check, but my questions are:

Will my wife get the money included in the check I will receive through my social security, or will she have to fill out a 1040? She has zero income.

Or, is there some other option that she is suppose to use that I have not found yet?

• Like 2
Headshot
2 hours ago, smokey said:

My wife green card

Yes. Your wife has a green card AND she is in the US, which means there is no problem with the stimulus.

smokey

Lets see she in the last two weeks received 444 from state 1026 from feds and 2400 stimilus i said half is mine and she said ok if you need it 

AND SHE SAID WHAT A GREAT COUNTRY I LOVE USA all year i get paid and overtime and then they send me money plus i have paid vacation

Edited by smokey
Sunflower1
On April 15, 2020 at 12:04 AM, smokey said:

I would think so especially your retired or disabled military and receive ss and did a tax returne

I am not retired nor disabled military. I receive SS with survivor benefits together with my kids and I don't file income tax return. That's why I am curious if we are qualified. I tried to call US Embassy, Manila but they closed so I asked here. If we qualify...but I don't know how.

Edwin

There are a lot of happy Filipinas in the USA this week. All they needed was a SSN, not a green card, to get their stimulus money. 

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
3 hours ago, Edwin said:

There are a lot of happy Filipinas in the USA this week. All they needed was a SSN, not a green card, to get their stimulus money. 

I thought you can't get a SSN without first having a green card or being a US Citizen… 

Edwin
38 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

I thought you can't get a SSN without first having a green card or being a US Citizen… 

Yes, you can. Many Filipinas get them as soon as they get a marriage certificate, as my wife did, before filing for the AOS. She had heard of others who had done this so we gave it a try and got it. We went back with her son later and saw a different SS rep and he was denied one. Once he had his EAD, but still before getting a Green card, we went and got him one. Inconsistencies abound at Social Security. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
smokey

The ss card is part of the welcome packet remember the sealed packet only to be opened in usa before that you can get a itin.  An ir1 visa based on marriage might be different then a k 1.  We had a daughter who was k1 she could not work till she got her ssn.  My wife received her ssn when she landed in us

Edited by smokey
Beserker101

I'm told the check is in the mail as of Fri/ 17th

0s_OO1DTNUmyBio5MJWASayENHvfjwCmSJn0Ceve

• Like 1
wondersailor

I just pray they don't mail my check to me in the Philippines. Will never get it. Never did get my 1099. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1