USA Coronavirus Bill's Stimulus Payments (Updated May 2021)

Beserker101
3 hours ago, lamoe said:

"borrowed"?

Hiniram .... mula sa debit card - :sad_01:

Fortunately I have a sense of humor dammit !

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• redboy

• Beserker101

• Salty Dog

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Advice for Americans getting Stimulus payments   Q: What is an Economic Stimulus payment? A: It is money that the federal government will send to taxpayers. Q: Where will the governme

Well then, she can kiss the new scooter goodbye.

Our stimulus checks are pending in our account, are set to post on. Jan 4

Posted Images

enoonmai

"Who is excluded from stimulus payments?
While the legislation aims to put cash in the pockets of most low- and middle-income Americans, there are individuals who just won’t qualify.

Anyone who does not have a Social Security number will be excluded. If you have an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, or ITIN, from the IRS, that also does not count.

If you are an American and file taxes jointly with a spouse who does not have a Social Security number, you also are disqualified, Watson said."

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/03/coronavirus-relief-checks-should-i-file-a-tax-return-other-questions.html

Beserker101

If a mailman shows up at my Talisay apt. door with a 1200. stim check between May and September, .. you can butter my butt & call me bisquit  :sad_01:-

The online Turbotax gov't registration stimulus form asks if you live in a foreign country, they have a drop-down window and the Philippines is included, the form accepted my rather long address but It will not accept foreign phone numbers (cell or LL) or the 6045 zip . I played with it for hours but I guess it's above my pay-grade . The live chat is not working .

I really feel like the embassy should get involved although my last 3 "go-to guys" there have quit . Most likely they're under siege by Americans that want to leave the country . They are not answering emails or returning phone calls .

TequilaSunset
You can donate it to the needy. $1200 one time check won't go far.
Don't forget taxes for 2020... nothing is ever really free without any strings attached. I could be wrong.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
Headshot
4 hours ago, TequilaSunset said:

Don't forget taxes for 2020

The stimulus checks are not taxable.

• Like 2
Beserker101

The Bad News > The 2nd Stimulus Bill was blocked today (additional 600 per individual)

The Good News > As of today, I only have one U.S. check to worry about receiving in the Philippines - :unsure:

mikecon3

The proverbial check is in the mail! Received text from my credit union that it will be deposited on the 15th, $2400 just like they said.

• Like 3
JamesMusslewhite

Well my main worry was not filing a tax return in over 5 years. This is because Service-connected VA benefits are not taxable, and in the infinite wisdom of the I.R.S. they never once thought of allowing one to simply use a '0' in the 'Amount Owed' box on the form. My wife and I always filed 'Jointly' when we previously filed and amounts received was through direct deposit (joint bank account).

The information I have been able to gather so far, is their should not be an issue of us both receiving a direct deposit. Though they seem vague as to tax returns filings older than 2018, and our last filing was several years earlier than 2018... I believe it is not and issue as to if we receive, but rather as to when exactly. Now I'm neither the sharpest or brightest crayon in the box, but I believe I have the facts straight according to the current information released on the official I.R.S. website...

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center?fbclid=IwAR2W87D8gerKH83KQXKOi-OwwZ0aNT-0AHA0gbDZ2W7tss_kWZLgieWgCVI

Edwin
6 hours ago, JamesMusslewhite said:

Well my main worry was not filing a tax return in over 5 years. This is because Service-connected VA benefits are not taxable, and in the infinite wisdom of the I.R.S. they never once thought of allowing one to simply use a '0' in the 'Amount Owed' box on the form. My wife and I always filed 'Jointly' when we previously filed and amounts received was through direct deposit (joint bank account).

The information I have been able to gather so far, is their should not be an issue of us both receiving a direct deposit. Though they seem vague as to tax returns filings older than 2018, and our last filing was several years earlier than 2018... I believe it is not and issue as to if we receive, but rather as to when exactly. Now I'm neither the sharpest or brightest crayon in the box, but I believe I have the facts straight according to the current information released on the official I.R.S. website...

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center?fbclid=IwAR2W87D8gerKH83KQXKOi-OwwZ0aNT-0AHA0gbDZ2W7tss_kWZLgieWgCVI

James, I think you might want to sign up at the site below if you don't collect SS or SSDI:

https://www.freefilefillableforms.com/#/fd/EconomicImpactPayment

Sunflower1

Hello Guys, 

I am curious to know... Do Americans that live  abroad like Philippines qualify for the coronavirus stimulus?

Your response(s) is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

smokey
10 hours ago, Sunflower1 said:

Hello Guys, 

I am curious to know... Do Americans that live  abroad like Philippines qualify for the coronavirus stimulus?

Thank you.

I would think so especially your retired or disabled military and receive ss and did a tax returne

lamoe
9 hours ago, Sunflower1 said:

Hello Guys, 

Thank you.

https://www.hrblock.com/expat-tax-preparation/resource-center/tax-law-and-policy/coronavirus-stimulus-checks-faq/

Q. Do expats qualify for stimulus checks?

A. Yes, expats qualify for the stimulus checks. You qualify if you fall within the income threshold, have a social security number, and file taxes.

SmokyMtnRon

Our stimulus check was auto deposited to bank today. :D

• Like 1
Headshot
58 minutes ago, SmokyMtnRon said:

Our stimulus check was auto deposited to bank today. :D

Just out of curiosity, do you file a joint return with your wife?