USA Coronavirus Bill's Stimulus Payments (Updated May 2021)

SkyMan
5 hours ago, BossHog said:

They've changed that in the new bill and you can now retroactively get the first stimulus payment in addition to the new one if you find yourself in this circumstance.

That's what I like to read. ELM.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• redboy

• Beserker101

• Salty Dog

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Advice for Americans getting Stimulus payments   Q: What is an Economic Stimulus payment? A: It is money that the federal government will send to taxpayers. Q: Where will the governme

Well then, she can kiss the new scooter goodbye.

Our stimulus checks are pending in our account, are set to post on. Jan 4

Posted Images

Thought you all might interested to know, just got notification from Navy Federal that the IRS is depositing $1200 in my account on January 1. They didn't waste any time putting it in the bank this time around!

• Like 2
  • Administrator
Dafey
42 minutes ago, mikecon3 said:

Thought you all might interested to know, just got notification from Navy Federal that the IRS is depositing $1200 in my account on January 1. They didn't waste any time putting it in the bank this time around!

Is that for 2 of you?

8 minutes ago, Dafey said:

Is that for 2 of you?

I'm assuming yes, the wife and I, last time we got 2400 in the account, file jointly...I have a 21 year old in college that I claim as a dependent, but don't get anything for her and didn't last time either.

• Like 1

Anyone know if you can add a baby born this year?

i went to irs website and could not find a link to add a baby born this year. 

SkyMan
2 hours ago, Pman said:

Anyone know if you can add a baby born this year?

i went to irs website and could not find a link to add a baby born this year. 

Claim it on your 2020 filing. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Claim it on your 2020 filing. 

Yeah, we will but I think they are still basing this stimulus check in the 2019 filing which is before he was born. 

There used to be a way but it’s to the old site offline. 

SkyMan
1 hour ago, Pman said:

Yeah, we will but I think they are still basing this stimulus check in the 2019 filing which is before he was born. 

There used to be a way but it’s to the old site offline. 

You could send in a quicky filing for 2020, then make sure you send in the amended full blown return by April 15th.  Or June 15th if you ask for the overseaes extension.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Dafey

Second stimulus check: IRS says the $600 payments are on their way

Millions of Americans are eagerly awaiting their second stimulus checks of $600 for each eligible adult and child. The IRS on Tuesday said it had started to distribute the checks via direct deposit that evening, a process that will extend into next week. 

The tax agency added that it is mailing paper checks on December 30 to people who don't have their bank account info on file with the IRS. But even so, the timeline leaves many people wondering when exactly the check will land in their accounts — especially as the IRS' website for checking one's payment status is unavailable. 

The second stimulus check follows a rocky rollout this spring for more than 160 million stimulus payments directed by the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. That relief effort, which directed $1,200 for each eligible adult and $500 for each eligible child, encountered a number of problems, such as a delay in payment to people who didn't have their bank account information on file with the IRS, as was the case for some Social Security recipients.

The IRS will use the same method to get the money to people as it did in the first round, said Mark Steber, chief tax information officer at Jackson Hewitt. 

(Can't paste the link for some reason) (msn.com)

• Like 1
softail

Our stimulus checks are pending in our account, are set to post on. Jan 4

• Like 5
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

We already got ours. It was posted in our USAA account.

• Like 2
Chris24

Nothing yet. 

As a side note, It's kind of funny, there is all sorts of conflicting and/or dubious info you can get from google searches and news articles writing what they think they know, but often really don't know because they're writing out of the need to have something to publish every day.   But the most reliable info I get right here, on this topic, and others of shared interest.  I'm more and more appreciating LINC as a community, especially during covid year.  

Edited by Chris24
  • Like 4
SkyMan
4 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

We already got ours. It was posted in our USAA account.

No shvit!I got one this time. Woohoo.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 2
  • Administrator
Dafey

Ta Rah Rah Boompty Yeah

Did you get yours today

I got mine yesterday ($600)

Ta Rah Rah Boompty Yeah

• Like 2
HeyMike

Someone put 600 bucks in my account... damn nice of them.

• Like 3