smokey

Are Supermarkets, Banks & Malls Open in Cebu?

smokey

Anyone tried to use supermarket or bank or hardware at seaside i use bdo there and could use some insight as to where to park and enter or is seaside shut ? Totally

SkyMan

This is on their web page..

Mall Hours

Starting March 16, 2020 until further notice

Monday to Sunday
11:00 AM to 07:00 PM

Banks, groceries, carry out, are supposed to be open.

smokey
Posted (edited)

Well went to seaside today good and bad.   First the bad you have to park in the dirt area and walk a ways and if you want bank one door market another.    The good fully stocked

Edited by smokey
  • Like 1

Jack_be_nimble

I wonder if this would be a good idea here.  Maybe, maybe not.  Just a thought.

USANEWS.com reports grocery stores set up special hours for seniors; first 90 minutes in the morning right after stores are sanitized.

• Like 1

SkyMan

Except seniors aren't allowed out.  And really, as far as I've seen there isn't much hoarding going on and the stores aren't too crowded.

Edited by SkyMan

Jack_be_nimble
1 minute ago, SkyMan said:

Except seniors aren't allowed out.  And really, as far as I've seen there isn't much hoarding going on and the stores aren't too crowded.

Yeah, good point, just a useless thought - I have them sometimes.

Mod, delete this thread if you wish.

SkyMan

The bad thing is that they are planning to limit store hours which will increase the number of people in the store at one time making the spread more likely.

Dafey
57 minutes ago, Jack_be_nimble said:

Yeah, good point, just a useless thought - I have them sometimes.

Mod, delete this thread if you wish.

It's a good thread. May have bering if things change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

to_dave007
2 hours ago, Jack_be_nimble said:

I wonder if this would be a good idea here.  Maybe, maybe not.  Just a thought.

USANEWS.com reports grocery stores set up special hours for seniors; first 90 minutes in the morning right after stores are sanitized.

Stores get sanitized?  Is that here or in USA..  I bet the local Prince doesn't get sanitized..  and as for the market..  lol..  I doubt it.

liquido

Regarding this topic,my thought is about the supply chains here..How long can they endure? If that starts breaking down god help us...

Goetz1965

Was around the City just this Thrusday morning before the "Lockdown"

HSBC Ayala is still open even the sign saying closed.
Just have a "no mask no entry" policy now.
ATM is working ike always.
The branch itself is locked but if you need do some banking you can do thru the grill.

Long queues 100m and more long at all supermarkets I passed: Rustans Ayala, SM Hypermarket, Fooda Kasambagan.
But local markets (like the fruit market going to banilad)  are still open and waiting there is no issue.

If you need a mask, you can buy selfmade ones them usually everywhere from the local sari-sari stores. They are usually 40php each!

to_dave007
24 minutes ago, liquido said:

Regarding this topic,my thought is about the supply chains here..How long can they endure? If that starts breaking down god help us...

Not so much of an issue out here in province.

lamoe

Out also - just got back - left at 9 am - HSBC ATM  - then Landers / arrived there 9:20

Not too long a line to get into store proper -no couples - so of course I waited - still took her 1 hour to get into food area - only 45 min to shop / check out

Line was out the door when we left

Talked to employee - opened at 9 - lines started at 8 - only allow 200 at a time in

JohnSurrey

Our local Prince store sent out a text saying you can order your essentials by text of phone and they'll deliver.

Headshot

I went to a doctor's office today to get my Express Scripts prescriptions renewed.

My experience...

I wasn't able to get a Grab taxi or Grab car this morning (after a half-hour of trying, I gave up), but I was lucky enough to find a taxi just about to leave the taxi garage near my house. I was surprised that he took the north highway to head south, and I was even more surprised at how packed it was (just like rush hour on a Monday). For so many people being locked down and out of work, there were a lot of people on the road. We went through several checkpoints between my home and CDUH, but they were only stopping motorbikes with passengers.

There were no other patients at the doctor's office, and he is on greatly reduced hours. The area around CDUH is very quiet except right around the emergency room. It was difficult to catch a taxi home. Very few taxis were running, and those that were running were mostly occupied.

A week ago, I seldom saw anybody with a face mask. Today, I would say that 95% had masks on. Most appeared to be homemade, but even that is better than nothing. Many of the vendors who normally selling water and cigarettes on the streets are now selling masks.

• Like 1