Are Courier Services, PHLPost and US Mail Currently Delivering

Indigo

Hey All,

Does anyone have any information as to changes in service for the main express courier services, are they still running at all ?

Many Thanks

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BossHog

• Paddy

• Dafey

• SkyMan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just ordered a fuel pump for a Detroit Diesel out of Miami Fl they sent it DHL AIR it was delivered to Roxas City with no problems yesterday 

I'm handling the shut down really well, but will be better when I can find a wife sized straight jacket!

As opposed to just "closed"… 

Posted Images

to_dave007

I saw news article 2 days ago that FEDEX was getting accolades for high service quality in making urgent COVID-19 related deliveries..  inside the USA at least.

• 3 weeks later...
redboy

UPS is working as normal. I ordered something from Hong Kong and the 3 day service took 8 days but it arrived. as of 2 days ago.

RogerDuMond

LBC is delivering BB Boxes, but I am told that they are not delivering packages shipped within country and NinjaVan is not delivering.

to_dave007
3 hours ago, RogerDuMond said:

LBC is delivering BB Boxes, but I am told that they are not delivering packages shipped within country and NinjaVan is not delivering.

LBC office in Tuburan completely closed..  But I suspect it's because their main employee is pregnant lady. But no LBC service of any kind available here.

• Administrator
Salty Dog
23 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

… completely closed… 

As opposed to just "closed"… :biggrin_01:

• Like 1
to_dave007
1 hour ago, Salty Dog said:

As opposed to just "closed"… :biggrin_01:

well..  out here sometimes the business will scroll down their steel door and appear closed.. but it's well known that if you call out you can go in a side door to conduct business.  The steel door at LBC is closed..  and there is no side door.

Reminds me of a pub I was in years ago back in Manchester..  in the UK.  At Closing Time they turned off the lights and locked the front door.  If you wanted a beer you need to come to the back door and knock twice.. leave a space.. and knock once more.  Yea.. The business meeting the next morning was a bit tough.  

RogerDuMond
4 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

LBC office in Tuburan completely closed.. 

LBC may be closed here also, but Balikbayan boxes come directly from the city.

Sibonga Simon

Have been waiting for mail from the USA and Australia since mid-March.  Wondering if anyone (especially in the province) has received any overseas mail.  I have a PO Box in Carcar City and there is nothing sadder than walking for an hour to check the box.... except for the walk back perhaps.

Edited by Sibonga Simon
typo
  • Like 2
Ozepete

I'm handling the shut down really well, but will be better when I can find a wife sized straight jacket!:taz:

• Haha 4
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
2 hours ago, Sibonga Simon said:

Have been waiting for mail from the USA...

I get mail everyday from the USA.

The fact that I live in the USA is probably a contributing factor though...:biggrin_01:

BossHog

Most large PhilPost offices nationwide are on a reduced schedule, have limited services, and only open Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 10 AM to 3 PM. My provincial island PO is closed 'for the duration'. Too bad as I'd really like to get my hands on the books from London and tobacco from South Carolina that arrived in Manila over a month ago. Would make the quarantine go by a lot better.

"Post office operation is only for domestic acceptance and delivery. We only have limited service and this is for mails / checks, parcels with only medical supplies and other essential services to help with the suppression of Covid19."

Edited by BossHog
  • Thanks 1
smokey

Good luck the va sent out mail from the clinic on the 4th arrived cebu on 6th still at airport i was told because of lockdown.   I did ask really grab can get you a big mac and coke but your not allowed to deliver meds? I also just asked ron at rao about fpo mail i was reading the rao in angeles was expecting to receive some but so far cebu nada

Sibonga Simon

I managed to have a chat with the Postmaster at Carcar City PO today - she was pulling double duty as the librarian....  anyways, she said that they hadn't had any mail since March and wasn't expecting any until after the 30th.  I assume that coincides with the lifting (potentially) of the lockdown.

At least now I know not to make the long trek...

• Like 1
rfm010

Last mail i saw was a christmas envelope put in our box by the postman last december.   Didnt have a stamp on it but somehow it got delivered.

• Haha 2