• Administrator
Salty Dog

Seal with white background

United States Embassy Manila, Philippines

Health Alert - U.S. Embassy Manila (April 26, 2020)

Event: 

Breaking News - Additional Sweeper Flights to Manila on Tuesday, April 28:

• There may be a limited number of seats available on a first-come first-served basis for U.S. citizens on sweeper flights to Manila on April 28 from Cebu, Davao, Cagayan de Oro, Iloilo, Dumaguete, Bohol, and Tacloban.
  • If you have an existing international flight reservation in the coming days and wish to take this opportunity to fly to Manila, please visit the Philippine Airlines (PAL) ticket office in your area around 12:00 noon on April 27.  These are domestic flights with smaller aircraft and seats are limited.
  • Travelers must have proof of an onward international flight within 24 hours of the sweeper flight or booked hotel accomodations until your confirmed onward international flight.   
  • Travelers will need to comply with all travel requirements, such as a Health Certificate (see below).
  • Travelers may also need to register with the Department of Tourism if they have not already done so.  The DOT Directory of Regional Offices can be found at: http://www.tourism.gov.ph/regional_offices.aspx.  More DOT information is located at: https://philippines.travel/safeph.
  • Contact the U.S. Embassy by email [email protected] or telephone: +(63)(2) 5301-2000 to request a travel letter for passage to the airport and let us know that you have been confirmed for a flight.
  • We will continue to update all U.S. citizens via STEP as additional flights become available.

International Flights Departing from Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA)

International commercial flight options currently exist in the Philippines.  U.S. citizens who wish to return to the United States should make commercial arrangements as soon as possible unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period.  The U.S. government does not currently anticipate arranging repatriation flights in the Philippines at this time.

The Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA) updates their Facebook page with scheduled international flights.  Visit the MIAA Facebook and Twitter pages for an updated schedule of international flights.

https://www.facebook.com/MIAAGovPh/

https://twitter.com/MIAAGovPH

Flight schedules may change at any given time.  Please contact your airline for confirmation.  

Department of Health (DOH) City or Municipal Health Office Certificates:

Travelers may need additional requirements, such as a Medical/Health Certificate on quarantine status or fitness to travel. 

The DOH Bureau of Quarantine issues this certificate in larger cities, e.g. Cebu and Davao.  For other areas, travelers should obtain a medical/health certificate from the City, or Municipal Health Office.  Some local government Health Offices require a certification letter from the barangay stating the individual has stayed in their locality for at least 14 days to ascertain their quarantine status.  In some cases, individuals may be asked to submit additional medical documentation, such as a chest X-ray.  Check with your province, city, or municipality government website for more information on the Health Office in your area.  

Telephone

Cebu  

+63-32-2385516

Davao                     

+63-82-3002378

Cagayan de Oro

+63-88-3273165

Bacolod 

+63-34-7042273

Iloilo

+63-33-3273792

+63-33-3373904

Tacloban

+63-53-8325616

Puerto Princesa

+63-48-4334162

Travel Letters:

The U.S. Embassy can provide travel letters to U.S. citizens planning to travel to an airport, which can be presented at checkpoints.  To request a travel letter, U.S. citizens should contact the U.S. Embassy by email [email protected] or telephone: +(63)(2) 5301-2000.

Hotel Information:  

On April 6, the Philippine Department of Tourism updated the list of operational hotels in the Manila Metro area.  The list can be viewed on the Embassy's COVID-19 Information page, along with information on Philippine visas and the Bureau of Immigration, the Philippine Retirement Authority, and car rentals.

Actions to Take:

• Contact the airlines directly for reservations and updated information.
  • Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
  • Monitor local news for updates.
  • Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
  • For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
  • Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
  • Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 here for information on conditions in the Philippines.
  • Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
  • Consult resources below as necessary:

·                    Philippine Department of Health (DOH)

·                    Philippine Department of Health (FAQs)

·                    Philippine Bureau of Immigration (BI)

·                    Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA)·       

·                    Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs

·                    Philippine Department Of Interior and Local Government

·                    Philippine Department of Tourism 

·                    COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov

·                    CDC page on COVID-19

·                    Philippines Travel Advisory

·                    Philippines Country Information Page

Assistance:

U.S. Embassy in the Philippines

1201 Roxas Boulevard

+63(2) 5301-2000, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday

After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(63)(2) 5301-2000. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Salty Dog

• liquido

• BossHog

• nothingbutquestions

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

United States Embassy Manila, Philippines     Health Alert - U.S. Embassy Manila (March 23, 2020)   Location:  The Philippines   Event:  Cebu Sweeper Flights -

@Salty Dog In case no one else has yet said it, you’re doing a cracking job with these advisories. Thank you. 

Another possible 'sweeper flight' Cebu to Manila...there won't be many more. Maybe a last chance for some of y'all.... Health Alert - U.S. Embassy Manila, Philippines (March 28, 2020) Potent

Posted Images

• Administrator
Salty Dog

Health Alert - U.S. Embassy Manila (April 30, 2020)

Event: 

U.S. Embassy and Philippine Airlines Partner to Assist Stranded U.S. Citizens:

The U.S. Embassy and Philippine Airlines (PAL) have partnered together to assist stranded U.S. citizens who want to return to the United States.  We are surveying passengers to determine if a special flight to bring home stranded U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs) is feasible.  This would be a commercial flight on May 9 from Manila to LAX on PAL on which U.S. citizens and LPRs will have priority. 

Available seats would be offered at-charge, on a first-come first-served basis.  According to PAL, arranged airfare for the Manila to LAX flight would be USD $1,200 (plus taxes and fees) and domestic sweeper flight costs would be USD $200 (plus taxes and fees) per seat.  Interested travelers must meet all Philippine exit requirements, including health certificates.  Please click here to begin the process to register your intent and purchase a ticket.  The deadline for registration is Sunday, May 3 at 8:00 PM.  This flight is contingent on meeting a minimum number of travelers, so please register your intent NOW.

Please confirm the accuracy of your contact information before submitting.  Once registration closes and a minimum number of travelers is met, a PAL representative will then contact you directly to arrange payment and confirm your seat.  All flight arrangements will be made by PAL. 

We are aware of the hardship the enhanced community quarantine is creating for U.S. citizens who need to get to the United States, particularly for those who require sweeper flights to connect to Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA).  For those who are not already in Manila, PAL has agreed to arrange sweeper flights from various cities to Manila to connect with the May 9, Manila-LAX flight.  U.S. citizens and LPRs will have priority on these sweepers, but other seats will be made available to other nationalities.  Each sweeper flight will be contingent on meeting a minimum number of travelers.

U.S. citizens who need a travel letter to assist with passage through checkpoints to the airport should send an email to the U.S. Embassy at [email protected], subject line TRAVEL LETTER REQUEST.  We will do our best to respond as soon as possible.

We are monitoring the situation and will continue to inform U.S. citizens of known sweeper flights through the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP).

Department of Health (DOH) City or Municipal Health Office Certificates:

Travelers may need additional requirements, such as a Medical/Health Certificate on quarantine status or fitness to travel.

The DOH Bureau of Quarantine issues this certificate in larger cities, e.g. Cebu and Davao.  For other areas, travelers should obtain a medical/health certificate from the City, or Municipal Health Office.  Some local government Health Offices require a certification letter from the barangay stating the individual has stayed in their locality for at least 14 days to ascertain their quarantine status.  In some cases, individuals may be asked to submit additional medical documentation, such as a chest X-ray.  Check with your province, city, or municipality government website for more information on the Health Office in your area.  

The Department of Tourism:  

The Department of Tourism (DOT) coordinates with its Regional Offices to monitor and assist stranded foreigners.  Travelers may also want to register with the DOT if they have not already done so.  The DOT Directory of Regional Offices can be found at: http://www.tourism.gov.ph/regional_offices.aspx.  More DOT information is located at: https://philippines.travel/safeph.  Each DOT Region also maintains a Facebook page with hotline numbers, which stranded U.S. citizens may call for assistance.

Actions to Take:

·                    Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA)

·                    Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs

Assistance:

1201 Roxas Boulevard

• Thanks 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

Health Alert - U.S. Embassy Manila (May 1, 2020)

Event: 

U.S. Embassy and Philippine Airlines Partner to Assist Stranded U.S. Citizens:

U.S. citizens in the Philippines:  We are partnering with Philippine Airlines (PAL) for a dedicated user-pay flight to Los Angeles on Saturday, May 9, including sweeper flights to Manila from Bacolod, Cagayan de Oro, Cebu, Davao, Dumaguete, General Santos, Iloilo, Kalibo, Laoag, Legaspi, Puerto Princesa, Siargao, Tacloban, and Tagbilaran.  Each flight will be contingent on meeting a minimum number of travelers.  Please click here to begin the process to register your intent and purchase a ticket. 

Manila to LAX economy tickets are USD $1,200 (plus taxes and fees).  Domestic sweeper flight costs are USD $200 (plus taxes and fees).  All flight arrangements will be made by PAL, not the Embassy.  PAL will contact you to arrange payment and ticketing after you have registered for the flights, so check your contact details carefully before submitting.  Please be patient as this will take some time. 

The deadline for registration is Sunday, May 3 at 8:00 PM.  

Actions to Take:

Assistance:

1201 Roxas Boulevard

• Administrator
Salty Dog

Health Alert - U.S. Embassy Manila (May 4, 2020)

Event: 

U.S. Embassy and Philippine Airlines (PAL) Partner to Assist Stranded U.S. Citizens (SURVEY DEADLINE EXTENDED):

Due to overwhelming demand for the special May 9 PAL flights to assist stranded U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents, PAL has agreed to leave the sign-up link open until WEDNESDAY May 6 at 8:00 p.m. (Manila time).  All flights are contingent upon sufficient demand.  If you are interested in this flight, click here NOW.   

Check your contact details carefully when completing the survey, and please make sure to include any local or international area codes.  PAL is having difficulty reaching some U.S. citizens who submitted a form indicating their interest – their telephone numbers are either incomplete or unattended.  A PAL representative will then contact you directly in the next few days to arrange payment and confirm your seat.  Please keep your phone on and handy to accept the call.  All flight arrangements will be made by PAL. 

Actions to Take:

Assistance:

1201 Roxas Boulevard

exploringlife2

Saturday night I heard about this flight back to the USA through the USA Embassy and PAL. I went to the Embassy site and filled out the form their. Monday morning a soft spoken Filipina contacted me in regards to this flight. Being soft spoken and we have never communicated before if was very difficult for me to understand her. I asked her to email the info on this flight and she responded she could not. I told her I wanted on this flight. To make communications worse a lady was beating on my gate and yelling none stop because she had a delivery of homemade peanut butter for my neighbor and she would not go away. I lost the call with the contact person.

She informed me the flight will originate for me a the Dumaguete Airport at 2:15pm and then proceed to Bacolod and then to Manila. I told her I wanted to be on this flight. The best I can figure out this was a phone call to see if there was enough interest in this flight to make it worth their while.

At this time I do not know how to proceed. Are they going to contact me by email with a proper response and directions on how to proceed? Is there even going to be a flight? Where and how do I pay for this flight? I have to pack up my apartment and store my things in my car. Then store my car and motor bike before I can leave. I will proceed with getting my things in order.

Edited by exploringlife2
Mistake in spelling
BossHog
8 minutes ago, exploringlife2 said:

At this time I do not know how to proceed. Are they going to contact me by email with a proper response and directions on how to proceed? Is there even going to be a flight? Where and how do I pay for this flight?

Ask the embassy, not us...

1201 Roxas Boulevard

liquido

DO what BossHog says....Also you will NEED to go to the Dept. Of Health in Duma to get your Certificate(no charge)..Simple procedure(did in Davao) of checking your temperature ,asking if you traveled outside the country and if you have any of the symptoms.I got out April 20...

• Like 1
nothingbutquestions

I also filled out that survey to reserve a spot, but have not heard a word. Have you learned anything new? I sent you a PM.

nothingbutquestions

May 4th Embassy Health Alert states: 

Due to overwhelming demand for the special May 9 PAL flights to assist stranded U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents, PAL has agreed to leave the sign-up link open until WEDNESDAY May 6 at 8:00 p.m. (Manila time).  All flights are contingent upon sufficient demand.  If you are interested in this flight, click here NOW.   

Check your contact details carefully when completing the survey, and please make sure to include any local or international area codes.  PAL is having difficulty reaching some U.S. citizens who submitted a form indicating their interest – their telephone numbers are either incomplete or unattended.  A PAL representative will then contact you directly in the next few days to arrange payment and confirm your seat.  Please keep your phone on and handy to accept the call.  All flight arrangements will be made by PAL. 

Buko Beach

My understanding, PAL's domestic sweeper portion is priced in the 10000-15000php range and it's a take-it-or-leave it type of thing. The domestic sweeper flight must be booked together with the International flight and demand is far exceeding the available space.

exploringlife2

I have heard nothing more in regards to this flight. Only my first phone call which I got cut off on. I am going to the USA Embassy site and read it again.

govoner

If it works the same way it did for me after you have registered your interest with thevembassy PAL will phone you .you give your credit card details to them and they will email you your E ticket. You prob should book your USA flight first as PAL want to know you have that part of the journey booked. Expect a couple of stressful days

Edited by govoner
Spelling
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
14 hours ago, exploringlife2 said:

Saturday night I heard about this flight back to the USA through the USA Embassy and PAL.

It was posted here on Friday...

• Administrator
Salty Dog

Health Alert - U.S. Embassy Manila (May 5, 2020)

Event: 

24 HOURS LEFT to Register Interest in Special Philippine Airlines Flight:

U.S. Citizens in the Philippines:  There are 24 hours left to register your interest in the special Philippine Airlines (PAL) May 9 flight to LAX and/or sweeper flights.  The registration link will close on Wednesday, May 6 at 8:00 p.m. (Manila time).  Click here to register NOW.  All flights are contingent upon sufficient demand.  So far, PAL has advised that the Bacolod, Cebu, Cagayan de Oro, Dumaguete, Davao, Iloilo, and Tacloban sweeper flights already have sufficient demand. 

Check your contact details and keep your phone on and handy.  You must indicate a working phone number for PAL to call.  Please check your contact details carefully when completing the survey, and make sure to include any local or international area codes.  PAL is having difficulty reaching some U.S. citizens who submitted a form indicating their interest – their telephone numbers are either incomplete or unattended.  A PAL representative will contact you directly in the next few days to arrange payment and confirm your seat.  PAL requests that passengers not call them for a status update as this will clog up their lines and increase wait time.  If you have registered, please make sure you are available to receive PAL's call, which might be from a number you don't recognize.  All flight arrangements will be made by PAL. 

For the PAL sweeper flights, you MUST have proof of an onward international flight.  If that flight is NOT within 24 hours, you also MUST have proof of a confirmed hotel reservation in Manila until your international flight departs.  You CANNOT take a sweeper flight without an onward international flight confirmation. 

Actions to Take:

Assistance:

1201 Roxas Boulevard

nothingbutquestions

My sweeper flight is a 6+ hour drive into a different province thus I need a travel letter. The Embassy did send me ONE. So far every driver to transport me there says they cannot cross the province line so I do not know how I would make it to the sweeper flight without a letter for me AND a 2nd letter for the driver.