SkyMan

Philippines Suspends Visa Issuance

MarinePride

So when is everyone flying out of here who doesn't belong?  Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Cgu
10 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

Which office?  on which day?  I was at JMall BI Monday  March 16, and it seemed business as usual..  except mandatory facemasks.  I do feel that the BI personnel WOULD be at risk with all the foreigners coming and going..  so that gives an honest reason for not wanting to keep these offices open.

True, the suspension was only for Luzon, once I for Cebu, then I think they will close the BI.

According to the note in Luzon they are closing down.

6 hours ago, rizla said:

The flights leaving Cebu are less full than those arriving,

Yes, I left Wednesday using Cathay Pacific and I was nearly on my own.

SkyMan
On 3/20/2020 at 8:24 AM, rizla said:

My flight arrives Sunday 22nd, I will be on it, if I'm refused entry where will they send me? My home is argao, so not sure what will happen. All I can do is arrive and hope they see sense.

You may have just snuck under the wire....

Here's the BI confirmation, same subject.

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/images/News/2020_Yr/03_Mar/2020Mar20b_Press.pdf

2020Mar20b_Press[1].pdf

PRESS RELEASE 2020 March 20 BI to implement DFA circular on suspension of arrivals MANILA, Philippines—Bureau of Immigration (BI) Commissioner Jaime Morente announced that they will be implementing the restricted entry of foreign nationals in the country starting March 22. Said move follows the issuance of a Foreign Service Circular by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) suspending visa issuance and visa-free privileges for foreign nationals arriving in the Philippines due to the declaration of a State of Calamity throughout the Philippines because of the Covid-2019, and the declaration of a public health emergency throughout the Philippines. According to Morente, all issuance for entry visas for visa-required foreign nationals were suspended by the DFA, while all previously-issued visas are deemed cancelled. The DFA circular adds that visa-free privileges of foreign nationals are likewise temporarily suspended. Currently, nationals of 157 countries enjoy visa free privileges. These countries include the South Korea, United States of America, Canada, Japan, and Singapore. South Korea remains the top arrival in the country with more than 2.1M arrivals in 2019. Exempted from this suspension are foreign spouses and children who are traveling with the Filipino national, foreign crew members, as well as foreign government and International Organization officials accredited to the Philippines. “We will be implementing it in 48 hours, or 12mn of March 22, 2020 to give ample time to the DFA to inform foreign posts and embassies,” said Morente. The suspension of visa issuance and visa-free privileges is tantamount to a total suspension of the entry of foreign nationals. “Following the direction of the DFA who decides on our foreign policy, we will likewise be temporarily restricting the entry of foreign nationals who have converted to both immigrant and non-immigrant visas, those under visa waiver agreements, as well as special visa holders,” said Morente. “Only Filipinos, their spouse and children, foreign diplomats, and foreign crew members will be allowed entry,” he clarified. #

• Thanks 1

SkyMan
On 3/20/2020 at 10:50 AM, rizla said:

I left in January. 

The flights leaving Cebu are less full than those arriving,

Your flight's in the air.  Hope you're on it.

papimafioso69
On 3/20/2020 at 9:12 PM, SkyMan said:

You may have just snuck under the wire....

Here's the BI confirmation, same subject.

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/images/News/2020_Yr/03_Mar/2020Mar20b_Press.pdf

2020Mar20b_Press[1].pdf 104.83 kB · 0 downloads

If you land in Manila , do they Quarantine you or you need like to rent a Air bnb for 14 days ?

SkyMan
5 hours ago, papimafioso69 said:

If you land in Manila , do they Quarantine you or you need like to rent a Air bnb for 14 days ?

Quarantine procedures are vague.  If you're coming to Cebu I would avoid Manila completely as there is no domestic transportation.  In Cebu you are supposed to be home quarantined if you can prove you have a suitable place.  However, hotels are closed.  I don't know if airbnb would work.

Woolf
6 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Quarantine procedures are vague.  If you're coming to Cebu I would avoid Manila completely as there is no domestic transportation.  In Cebu you are supposed to be home quarantined if you can prove you have a suitable place.  However, hotels are closed.  I don't know if airbnb would work.

Cebu hotels may find business opportunity in expanded quarantine protocol

Read more: https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/294519/cebu-hotels-may-find-business-opportunity-in-

3 hotels to become quarantine facilities

https://www.philstar.com/the-freeman/cebu-news/2020/03/18/2001747/3-hotels-become-quarantine-facilities

rizla

I was refused entry, Almost had it until some woman senior officer arrived and said no. Only those with. a certified marriage certificate can enter. Being sent to the. UK now.

• Sad 2

SkyMan
20 minutes ago, rizla said:

I was refused entry, Almost had it until some woman senior officer arrived and said no. Only those with. a certified marriage certificate can enter. Being sent to the. UK now.

Dang, you missed it by one day.

Kreole

I am sure this has to have been mentioned somewhere in the 50+ replies here, but I was told by the immigration office in Dumaguete that, for those of us who live on outer islands and cannot travel to their office due to restrictions, can get their visa's renewed (mine is tourist) when the travel restrictions are removed.  However, I will have to pay the "late fee" for over extending my visa.  I asked that she take my name and cp number and to enter it into her records that I was willing and able to come to the office prior to my visa termination date, but that was prevented from doing so due to travel restrictions.  I do not want to be deported due to not being able to get my visa renewed before the virus restrictions were put in place.  She assured me that would not be the case.

• Sad 1

BossHog
Posted (edited)

27 March 2020
PRESS RELEASE

The Bureau of Immigration (BI) announced that they will temporarily be allowing foreign nationals with approved and implemented visas but awaiting release of their Alien Certificate of Registration Identity Card (ACR I-Card) to depart the country.

Said announcement was in light of the Enhanced Community Quarantine and Stringent Social Distancing Measures directive from Malacañan.

Regular procedures require departing aliens with approved visas but pending ACR I-Card to secure a Waiver at the BI's main office.

“We will no longer be requiring ACR I-Card Waiver Orders for departing foreign nationals. With the rapid spike in COVID-19 cases, we were prompted to make additional measures to lessen person to person contact,” said Immigration Commissioner Jaime Morente.

In lieu of the ACR I-Card Waiver Order, the requirements to be presented in the airport are as follows: Passport with valid visa, as indicated in the implementation stamp, official receipts of the ACR I-Card Waiver Application Fee and Emigration Clearance Certificate (ECC) with Returning Permit (RP) or Special Resident Certificate (SRC), whichever is applicable.

Morente further advised departing foreign nationals to keep said requirements as the same will be needed for when they enter the country again under their respective visas.

link

Edited by BossHog
  • Like 1

Woolf
Posted (edited)

Huuuh   I have never been asked to show ACR-I when leaving

???

ooh well

Edited by Woolf

Woolf

aaah  must be for 13A   visa holders  ??

Jimone

Our tenant renting our house in Cebu just called us saying he looked on the immigration web site and there was a notice saying all visa's have been cancelled and all foreign nationals must return to there home country by next week. That does not sound right, he is from Canada and is stressing out about it ... Is that right?? 

BossHog

The most current directive from the BI is what you're hearing everywhere from everyone: "Stay at Home"

2020April02_Press.pdf

http://immigration.gov.ph

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1