SkyMan

Philippines Suspends Visa Issuance

Headshot

It sounds like everybody just needs to hunker down wherever they are now, and be happy that you are somewhere (and not in the ground). If you are with loved ones, then it's just that much better, but traveling is going to be difficult for a while no matter where you are in the world.

• Like 3

to_dave007
Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Headshot said:

It sounds like everybody just needs to hunker down wherever they are now, and be happy that you are somewhere (and not in the ground). If you are with loved ones, then it's just that much better, but traveling is going to be difficult for a while no matter where you are in the world.

I agree 100%.  Stay put as well as you can..  Ride it out.

I'm more concerned with what happens when my BB Visa expires (in June..  so still some distance off).  And Swiss friend of mine living here long term (with 11 year old daughter here) on tourist visa was  planning a mandatory visa run before his final extension expires April 22..  What is he to do?

Edited by to_dave007

Salty Dog

Stay Put! … :cool:

It's not like you have much of a choice if you're currently in the Philippines...

Some have even pointed out, that it’s safer for you and your family to be there, than back in your home county. Just don't think about what happens if you get the virus and require hospitalization there. 

• Like 2

HeyMike

I would have liked to have made it to Cebu, but I just got an email saying that my flight is canceled. I was leaving JFK to Cebu on March 25th on Asiana Airlines, but the flight from Incheon to Cebu is canceled. Not happy about being stuck in New Jersey but understandably Cebu seems to be on lockdown. Stupid virus.

Cgu
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, to_dave007 said:

I agree 100%.  Stay put as well as you can..  Ride it out.

I'm more concerned with what happens when my BB Visa expires (in June..  so still some distance off).  And Swiss friend of mine living here long term (with 11 year old daughter here) on tourist visa was  planning a mandatory visa run before his final extension expires April 22..  What is he to do?

Nothing read the statement. You get a (maybe) free visa extension for up to 60 days, 30 days during the extended quarantine and then you have 30 days after to file for an extension if your visa expired. There is nobody at the BI...

This was actually clever decision

Edited by Cgu

papimafioso69
3 hours ago, papimafioso69 said:

We’re screwed . I was flying May 5 with my wife . It sounds like they won’t let me in as of today .

Contacted the Philippines Embassy in DC . They said I can enter with my wife and all the documents as before . We’ll see what happens. As we all know everything is changing by the hour . 

• Like 2

HeyMike

Does anyone know if EVA Air has flights into Cebu? Asiana Airlines canceled my flight and my wife says all international flights have been canceled, but I checked EVA Air and it seems to still have flights landing in Cebu according to their website.

Has all international flights to Cebu been canceled' or is it just some? It is hard to get any definitive answers, sad to say.

BossHog
23 minutes ago, HeyMike said:

It is hard to get any definitive answers, sad to say.

It IS confusing, that's for sure. Despite all the advisories and lock downs there appear to be many flights coming and going. Flight Radar gives a clue on who's currently flying here. I'd look at that instead of official pronouncements. Good luck Mike!

• Thanks 1

to_dave007
4 hours ago, Cgu said:

There is nobody at the BI...

Which office?  on which day?  I was at JMall BI Monday  March 16, and it seemed business as usual..  except mandatory facemasks.  I do feel that the BI personnel WOULD be at risk with all the foreigners coming and going..  so that gives an honest reason for not wanting to keep these offices open.

SkyMan
8 hours ago, papimafioso69 said:

We’re screwed . I was flying May 5 with my wife . It sounds like they won’t let me in as of today .

You're fine with your wife as long as your flight isn't canx.

Here is finally from the DFA site....

https://www.dfa.gov.ph/dfa-news/statements-and-advisoriesupdate/26385-public-advisory-on-the-temporary-suspension-of-visa-issuance-and-visa-free-privilege

PUBLIC ADVISORY: ON THE TEMPORARY SUSPENSION OF VISA ISSUANCE AND VISA-FREE PRIVILEGE

PUBLIC ADVISORY: On the Temporary Suspension of Visa Issuance and Visa-free Privilege

19 March 2020 – The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) informs the public that it is temporarily suspending visa issuance in all its Foreign Service Posts effective immediately and will be valid and effective until further notice.

The temporary suspension of visa issuance is in light of Proclamation No. 922, dated 08 March 2020, declaring a "State of Public Health Emergency" throughout the Philippines; and Proclamation No. 929, dated 16 March 2020, declaring a "State of Calamity" throughout the Philippines due to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).

With the temporary suspension, all visa-free privileges including those based on Visa Waiver Agreements, those under Executive Order 408, s.1960, and for holders of Hong Kong and Macau SAR passports, Macau-Portuguese passports, and British National Overseas passports, are likewise temporarily suspended, effective 22 March 2020.

It is to be noted, however, that foreign spouses and children of Filipino nationals are exempted from this temporary suspension.

The temporary suspension of visa issuance will deem all previously issued visas canceled, and foreigners with visas issued by Philippine Foreign Service Posts (primarily 9a Temporary Visitor/Tourist visas) will not be allowed entry into the country starting 22 March 2020.

However, visas previously issued to accredited Foreign Government and International Organization officials and their dependents will remain valid and will be honored when entering the country even after said date. The same is true for previously issued visas to foreign spouses and children of Filipino nationals.

This temporary suspension has no impact on foreign nationals that are already in the country or on holders of visas issued by other government agencies. END

• Like 1

rizla

My flight arrives Sunday 22nd, I will be on it, if I'm refused entry where will they send me? My home is argao, so not sure what will happen. All I can do is arrive and hope they see sense.

• Like 1

SkyMan
Posted (edited)

Good luck. Where are you coming from?

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 1

TimL
3 minutes ago, rizla said:

My flight arrives Sunday 22nd, I will be on it, if I'm refused entry where will they send me? My home is argao, so not sure what will happen. All I can do is arrive and hope they see sense.

What kind of Visa do you have?

rizla

Sri Lanka via Dubai, 

I had a 6 month visa but that was cancelled when I left in January

rizla

I have documented proof I own a house in Argao with me, plus a valid ACR card. Nothing I can do other than arrive and see what happens, I have been in isolation here in Sri Lanka for 10 days now, and no sign of any illness.

• Like 2