SkyMan

Philippines Suspends Visa Issuance

SkyMan

https://globalnation.inquirer.net/186199/fwd-ph-temporarily-suspends-visa-issuance-visa-free-entry-of-all-foreign-nationals?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR0q4hqlKUQ1BZ17XvPrLYc6gUtG-TpPOEYlhe6ZmsqL3aHnq8NC1BQp-Ow#Echobox=1584613589

PH temporarily suspends visa issuance, visa-free entry to all foreign nationals

MANILA, Philippines — Philippines is temporarily suspending the issuance of a visa and visa-free entry privileges to foreign nationals, Foreign Affairs Secretary Teodoro Locsin Jr. said Thursday.

The said measure is effective Thursday, March 19, said Locsin.

“Starting today, all our Embassies and Consulates will temporarily suspend visa issuance to all foreign nationals as well as the visa-free entry privileges of all foreign nationals,” Locsin said in a statement shared on Twitter.

Locsin added that “all previously issued Philippine visas to foreign nationals are deemed canceled.”

“Visas already issued to foreign spouses and children of Filipino nationals remain valid,” he said.

Locsin made the announcement as the Philippine government imposes measures to fight the coronavirus pandemic, which as of writing, has infected over 200 people in the country.

On Wednesday night, Locsin said the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) is considering the suspension of visa issuance during the month-long “lockdown” in Luzon over the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak.

For more news about the novel coronavirus click here.
What you need to know about Coronavirus.
For more information on COVID-19, call the DOH Hotline: (02) 86517800 local 1149/1150.

@rizla  @HeyMike

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Salty Dog

So what happens to most of our single members living in the Philippines that all of a sudden, have a canceled Visa...:idontknow:

I don't see where fathers of Filipino children who aren't married to a Filipina are exempt either...

Soupeod

0A76C207-47B3-484F-A898-85344E79D3BD.jpeg

• Like 1

SkyMan
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

So what happens to most of our single members living in the Philippines that all of a sudden, have a canceled Visa...:idontknow:

I don't see where fathers of Filipino children who aren't married to a Filipina are exempt either...

I believe this is referring to 9 series visas and visa waiver visas or visa on arrival or whatever you want to call them.  If you're already here, I don't think they're kicking anyone out.

But if you're planning to come and aren't a BB or 13 visa holder, you don't have to worry about a quarantine cause they won't let you in.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 2

SkyMan
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Soupeod said:

0A76C207-47B3-484F-A898-85344E79D3BD.jpeg

I've seen this but I haven't verified it from an official source.

This is the BI order but only includes Luzon.  Cebu may follow.....

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/images/Advisory/2020/03_Mar/2020Mar19_advisory.pdf

Edited by SkyMan

nothingbutquestions

Still confused.  Entered on Tourist visa 59 days. Is it still valid? Is it canceled? I have seen nothing speific about Tourist Visas and their ext.

IT GETS WORSE! Before the quarantine started I went to Dipolog. While there I needed to extend. I completed the paperwork and paid for a 60 day ext. He takes my money, paperwork, and my passport and says he will have them back Fri Mar 20. 

Received a text today - quarantine has messed it up. No date available for return of passport. 

US Embassy now closed for 30 days.

Any help would be great.

SkyMan
24 minutes ago, nothingbutquestions said:

He takes my money, paperwork, and my passport and says he will have them back Fri Mar 20. 

A BI agent or some fixer?  If you were there late in the day, that might be why it wasn't done the same day.

You should be fine.  Just ride it out.

Salty Dog

Let's see the actual order and not newspaper's, news outlet's and member's interpretation...

• Like 2

TimL

WTH. I definitely don’t like the wording of that. I really have a hard time believing that would actually kick everyone out that is currently here on a valid visa but, that sure is how it’s worded.  🙄🤷‍♂️

TimL

Hopefully it is just a nationwide rollout of what was in effect in Luzon.

F79D5CC8-DA49-4571-8DA6-1E4E31B01493.jpeg

SkyMan
23 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

Let's see the actual order and not newspaper's, news outlet's and member's interpretation...

As you can figure, the press is faster at releasing info than the gov't.  Here's another report...

https://www.rappler.com/nation/255155-philippines-bans-entry-foreigners-due-to-coronavirus

• Like 1

TimL

Banning all incoming makes sense at this point. No domestic travel, mandatory quarantines anyway. Wouldn’t be much of a vacation for anyone coming in. 

• Like 1

papimafioso69

We’re screwed . I was flying May 5 with my wife . It sounds like they won’t let me in as of today .