SkyMan

Cebu RAO closed until further notice.

Not surprising.

• 5 months later...

From a Face Book message I just received:

Greetings RAO Cebu Members

Beginning 20 August 2020, Thursday we will re- open the office in Cebu City for walk in services.

Monday-Friday 10:00 am -3:00 pm.
Closed on Filipino and USA Holidays.

The office was temporarily closed since mid March 2020 and have collected a lot of mail. Please come see us again. Thanks for your understanding and consideration. Please practice social distancing and wear a mask when you visit us at the office.

P.S. Reminder. If you paid your annual 2020 dues already thank you but if you didn’t please bring your payment.

• Thanks 3
  • 5 months later...
SmokyMtnRon

What the hell is going on with RAO? Sign says open Monday through Friday, 9.00-3.00.  I have driven to the city 3 times in the last 2 weeks to check my mail and they have been closed every single time. I've checked at 10:20, 11:15 and yesterday was 1:30. Closed, closed and closed. We have a director and a secretary, seems like one of them could be there for only 6 hours a day. After almost 20 years of using the RAO mail, seems I might just have to find a new way to get my mail.

End rant

Doofer

They were closed yesterday but you no that already. They'll be closed tomorrow for some holiday, don't know which. Then open again Monday according to my wife. She got a text message from Ronnie yesterday with this info.

Soupeod
6 hours ago, SmokyMtnRon said:

What the hell is going on with RAO? Sign says open Monday through Friday, 9.00-3.00.  I have driven to the city 3 times in the last 2 weeks to check my mail and they have been closed every single time. I've checked at 10:20, 11:15 and yesterday was 1:30. Closed, closed and closed. We have a director and a secretary, seems like one of them could be there for only 6 hours a day. After almost 20 years of using the RAO mail, seems I might just have to find a new way to get my mail.

End rant

My wife always calls Ronnie for our mail. I would suggest calling before traveling. 

There is a pandemic going on.

• Thanks 1
SmokyMtnRon
1 hour ago, Soupeod said:

My wife always calls Ronnie for our mail. I would suggest calling before traveling. 

There is a pandemic going on.

Then take down the damn sign. How can you call if nobody's there to answer the phone? Pandemic? That's been going on for a year. This problem with being closed all the time only started about a month or so ago.

Can someone give me some good phone numbers for RAO and Ron?

Jim_in_Jax

My wife calls Ronnie and have our mail and my meds delivered by her husband.  She does not go to the office unless she is picking up the deliveries from the courier.

• Like 1
SmokyMtnRon
14 hours ago, Jim_in_Jax said:

My wife calls Ronnie and have our mail and my meds delivered by her husband.  She does not go to the office unless she is picking up the deliveries from the courier.

Please explain to me how this works. If I'm planning to go to SM on a certain day, can I text Ronnie a few days before and have them meet me at SM with my mail?

Jim_in_Jax
51 minutes ago, SmokyMtnRon said:

Please explain to me how this works. If I'm planning to go to SM on a certain day, can I text Ronnie a few days before and have them meet me at SM with my mail?

If you live too far away for Ronnie's husband to deliver to your home, you very likely could call her and make arrangements for the husband to deliver to you at SM.

• Like 1
SmokyMtnRon
2 hours ago, Jim_in_Jax said:

If you live too far away for Ronnie's husband to deliver to your home, you very likely could call her and make arrangements for the husband to deliver to you at SM.

Where does Ronnie live? I live in Naga.

Headshot

I just text Ronnie at her cell number before going or sending my wife the the RAO office. I would give you her cell number, but that would be inappropriate. Next time you are in there, you can ask for it if you want. The office phone seldom works anymore. No idea why. I always ask if she will be in the office before I go. While the hours have been reduced, I think she does still keep somewhat regular office hours. Still, it is better to text or call her first before going in, The RAO office is closed for every Philippine, local and US holiday, and there are a hell of a lot of Philippine and local holidays. I can never keep track of them. Today was Chinese New Years Day, so the office was closed. In addition, In addition, Ronnie sometimes goes over to SM to pick up supplies, so there will be times when she isn't in the office.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1