Woolf

Cebu City Government is imposing total liquor ban in public places

Woolf

https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/294076/mmda-curfew-hours-for-metro-manila-lockdown-malls-establishments-to-be-shuttered

MMDA: Curfew hours for Metro Manila lockdown; malls, establishments to be shuttered 

By: Consuelo Marquez - INQUIRER.net - Inquirer.net | March 14,2020 - 01:31 PM

MANILA, Philippines — Metro Manila will be placed under curfew from 8 p.m. until 5 a.m. for the duration of the lockdown from March 15 to April 14, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) announced on Saturday.

In a press conference, MMDA General Manager Jojo Garcia said the local government units (LGUs) of Metro Manila which compose the Metro Manila Council, have decided to implement the curfew hours to curtail “non-essential” travel.

“Ang curfew na pinag-usapan from 8 pm to 5 a.m., bawal yung magigimmick except for workers,” Garcia said.

(The curfew hours that we decided will be from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.. Those on gimmicks will not be allowed except for workers.)

Going out to buy food is considered an essential purpose, Garcia said.

The curfew hours will allow the public to stay at home and practice self-quarantine to halt the spread of the coronavirus disease, the MMDA said.

Garcia said they are also mulling to recommend bars, establishments and other related entertainment shops to shut down during the 30-day quarantine which runs from March 15 to April 14.

Meanwhile, the local government units of Metro Manila and concerned national agencies have also agreed to order the temporary shuttering of malls and other related establishments in the metropolis as the community quarantine takes effect for 30 days as a precautionary measure against the coronavirus disease or COVID-19.

The resolution signed by Metro Manila mayors, officials of the Department of Interior and Local Government and Department of Health on Saturday, only exempts from the closure essential establishments such as supermarkets, pharmacies, restaurants, and bank services.

“The resolution orders temporary closure of malls and related establishment except offering essential services groceries, supermarkets, pharmacies, restaurants with home deliveries and bank services from March 14, until April 13,” read the resolution read by San Juan Mayor Francis Zamora during the press conference at the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA).

Edited by MUF

liquido

Get ready for the next baby boom......

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

GBT62

Cebu City Public Information Office

Effective today, March 16, 2020, the Cebu City Government is imposing total liquor ban in public places in the city within the duration of the State of General Community Quarantine after Mayor Edgar Labella signed Executive Order No. 053.

aussiekangaroo

https://www.cebucity.gov.ph/total-liquor-ban/

Effective today, March 16, 2020, the Cebu City Government is imposing total liquor ban in public places in the city within the duration of the State of General Community Quarantine after Mayor Edgar Labella signed Executive Order No. 053.

liquor-ban.png

fred42

So no problem consuming beer in public bars or restaurants then?

samatm

No one warned me... ... Any ideas on how to get your hands on some brewskies to tote back to the locked down compound?   Where to buy etc...

• Like 1

battleborn

I bought some at my local grocery store on the 18th.  Was in there yesterday and didn't buy any but the liquor was not closed off.  

lamoe
Posted (edited)

Same at Robinson's Fuentes Circle

Only for when we have company :lol:

The tall one is their 15 year old P380

20200320_070121[1].jpg

20200320_070142[1].jpg

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

samatm
Posted (edited)

Really  when were you at Fuente? Did you buy yesterday ?  When did this liquor ban start.  Maybe you guys got on it on the last day?   All the 711s seemed be locked up.

Edited by samatm
  • Like 1

lamoe
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, samatm said:

Really  when were you at Fuente? Did you buy yesterday ?  When did this liquor ban start.  Maybe you guys got on it on the last day?   All the 711s seemed be locked up.

Agree - was at 711 today - locked up

Edited by lamoe

battleborn

Bought alcohol in Robinson Talisay yesterday

softail

Instead of adhering to the curfew, some drinkers who have been apprehended by authorities in Santa Rosa City, Laguna, have argued that beer helps them fight COVID-19.

Another was arrested and intoxicated, who even cursed the police.

According to John Consulta on GMA News “24 Oras,” it was said that the authorities arrested the drinkers around dawn on Thursday.

“Alam n’yo naman na may curfew di ba? Nag-iingat ang lahat tapos kayo nag-iinom?” said the police.

(You know there is a curfew, right? Everyone is careful, but you are just drinking?)

Panglaban ‘yan sir,” the apprehended drinkers said.

(We use it to fight the virus, sir.)

The authorities warned them that if they do not obey the rules, they will arrest them under Article 151, which is resistance and disobedience to persons in authority.

A man was arrested for drunkenness and resisting the police in Barangay Sto. Domingo.

Instead of apologizing, he cursed the guards who arrested him and even shot them a video for him to post on social media.

Drinkers violate curfew, claimed beer fights COVID-19

When the man came into his senses, he said he was sorry for what he had done.

Meanwhile, an SUV who was not allowed to pass by the checkpoint in Susana Heights at South Luzon Expressway tried to escape authorities.

The Highway Patrol Group chased him, caught him, and returned him to the checkpoint.

The driver of the SUV said he needs to pick-up the meat products they have ordered.

Authorities eventually brought the driver to the police station and where he was given a ticket.

A coaster full of Chinese nationals working for a POGO company was also barred from entering the city.

It was forced to turn around after attempting to enter Muntinlupa.

https://philippineslifestyle.com/drinkers-violate-curfew-claimed-beer-fights-covid-19/

samatm

Is it Cebu City thing?    I bought some San Migs today from a roadside sari sari on V Rama. But it was all hush hush like prohibition bootlegger days . Shhhhh

• Haha 2

battleborn

Just read in the Freeman online that Gov Gwen made a clarification that there is no ban on liquor in Cebu.  One cannot drink in public, or have a drinking spree at with friends.  But liquor can be consumed in the home.

• Like 1

profits101

yeah, I've found so far one Petron station sold some, a hush-hush sari-sari store, and under a bridge on the Guadalupe River (they had a sign, ha).

agent17

Go to sari-sari stores when there are no customers around.  They will sell them to you.  Bring your own bag to hide it from tanods when you walk back to your house.

menehune

I guess we dont have any of that here in Danao. The other night i was having my beer in our store. The local drunkard was wanting otang on his last beer. Already too drunk.  I see out of the corner of my eye flashing lights. I turn to see the pnps yelling at all of the other drunkards drinking still sharing one glass. Now at this point i see the drunkard here running aways haha so funny. We started to close up very fast and as that i see other cars tring to come in thats blocked by the police trk. Well they move it and come past our place i laugh saying what if its your cousin. Haha yes he honks and waves. Well the others were told if they want to drink they have to go home and not out in public. Haha always more fun in the Philippines.

to_dave007
5 hours ago, agent17 said:

Go to sari-sari stores when there are no customers around.  They will sell them to you.  Bring your own bag to hide it from tanods when you walk back to your house.

Screw that..  laid in 4 cases before the lockdown.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

JohnSurrey

image.thumb.png.6963508036094c3533a13db14b3fbcac.png

:cry:

• Sad 1

Jeepney
2 hours ago, JohnSurrey said:

image.thumb.png.6963508036094c3533a13db14b3fbcac.png

:cry:

Haha, confused?

24 hr liquor ban ? ?

When ecq , for that REGION  , as now BAWAL to sell or "get intoxicated" kasabot?

RR3

Booze then when Cebu province move to GCQ. I dont care of checkpoints here and there. But would like to buy my booze when temp gets too high.

lamoe
1 hour ago, RR3 said:

Booze then when Cebu province move to GCQ. I dont care of checkpoints here and there. But would like to buy my booze when temp gets too high.

7-11 and food stores selling now.

Soupeod
23 minutes ago, lamoe said:

You’re lucky, total liquor ban in all nearby areas! 

• Like 1

RR3
1 hour ago, lamoe said:

Not in my provincial town...