Salty Dog

What Are You Doing During These Trying Times

Headshot

Just another day of sitting around playing on the Internet (watching more YouTube videos than I did before). About the only thing that has changed is that before, I didn't really want to go out that much but could, and now, I want to go out and really can't (because most everything is closed anyway).

• Like 1

menehune

Went to Immigration very early. Traffic not so bad. Got to jmall just as immigration opened. Finished fast. Now mall dont open till 11am too long to wait. Go to Ayala mall for banking. Still too long for mall to open. And not too many places that we wanted to eat. Make it back home with stopping off to eat before noon.

• Like 1

Raven

Not many guests these days anyway, so time to repaint...starting with the doors 'cos the oil-based paint might smell for a week... no staff, like Ozepete, so its a DIY job.. paint-bucket-icon.png

P_20200318_083058_PN.thumb.jpg.6d58faf9eef31e5352bfe16882b9f7bd.jpg

and then there are the trees...need trimming

P_20200318_083247_PN.thumb.jpg.f484447e99ec7d6301ebea4a9b0a0a78.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

profits101
Posted (edited)

I make art and have a commission right now so occasionally I work on that. I trade the US stock market at night and do prep for that, although like a battle, many plans go out the window... trading SPY is amazing... it will be hard to get used to a market that doesn't move 300 points in 20 minutes, and then 300 back to where it was. I love walking here, and try to get out everyday and make it a long walk. Now, observing the changes on these walks is remarkable... I'll pick up foods for GF, and its pretty weird to walk into Jollibee, McDo, or Chow King and have no line or almost no line... and yesterday there were tape lines for social distancing, and  more introductions of spraying alcohol on your hands, temp taken. There was aline of just 6 people the other day at the Santo Nino... sheesh, I went there and rubbed my hat on the glass. I was also going to Belmont and there was a street chess game nearby and I played (and lost) a game to the sharpies, but it was fun. Today at Emall one of the main door guards had... an assault weapon, wow, thats a first also. GF and I still chase each other around the house. Her school ended early, so she has a month's vacation, but is doing some crafty projects for a friends wedding - a friend or two will come over and they love to just sit on the kitchen floor (for hours) and do their stuff. I do 3d work so I have an older bungalow house with garden and patio and love to grow all the crazy stuff that thrives here... and its been hot so I'm outside watering more... at least until the water interruption hits about 8pm. Addiction to walking maybe my biggest hazard right now... GF argues with me about going out (hence the bribes of Jollibee)... I try to think of this as being a kind of extended All Souls Day or Holy Week... but it's a little difficult... Had plans for Negros to see family until PAL sent me a cancellation notice. Have to work on hotel not being a total loss... passed on the half block long line at PAL on Osmena the other day... Anyway... that's the deal these days.

Edited by profits101
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1