Cebu to Restrict Some Inbound Domestic Air Travel

SkyMan
20 hours ago, HeyMike said:

SkyMan, please give an update on your friend arriving tonight. Thanks again.

20 hours ago, rizla said:

Ditto the above quote, thanks in advance.

He came in from Incheon no problem, no quarantine.  I guess that order from the governor is a forgery.  The KAL FAQ page says Cebu quarantine as of the 20th.

• Thanks 2
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkyMan

• Woolf

• Headshot

• GBT62

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A bit more detail from the SunStar: link March 15, 2020 IN THE next 30 days, the Cebu Provincial Government will impose strict control over passengers arriving at airports and seaports

"Cebu City (CNN Philippines, March 14) — Cebu will restrict inbound travel in 72 hours, its governor announced, with the province planning to ban the entry of anyone coming in from any port or seaport

I should be arriving at Mactan Sunday 22nd, if I can, I'll post what transpires. I have documentary proof of ownership regarding my home in Argao, and an ACR card. I will volunteer to self home quaran

Posted Images

Does this travel ban include flights out of Zamboanga City to Cebu?

SkyMan
31 minutes ago, rrider said:

Does this travel ban include flights out of Zamboanga City to Cebu?

Yes, domestic flights are shut down.

SkyMan

This is the order from the Governor's fb page.

image.thumb.png.1caa752e6dbaeea91c5f9db2d9a48864.png

image.thumb.png.fbf7a7c4b569faa819000e3f47dff687.png

So it looks like if you have a proof of residence you are ok to home quarantine.

• Thanks 2

SunStar Cebu

Cebu City Mayor Edgardo Labella ordered for temporary closure of malls except grocery stores, supermarkets, money transfers, pharmacies, hardware and banks effective March 19, 2020.

Labella also included the temporary shutdown of spas, hair salons, barbershops, massage parlors, facial and aestherics clinics, internet cafes, gaming arcades, karaoke bars, sports centers, including Cebu City Sports Centers, country clubs, and golf clubs.

image.png.b47c3e52bda0f6d859141dc57ffc6508.png

I heard that rumour yesterday from someone here in the city office - but given their current dislike of unsubstantiated  and fake news  - and my account has not been hacked, I though the better of it :lol:

SkyMan

I don't know if this is an actual order yet.....

image.thumb.png.dd66cecb3ef31aef06db299c085f9fd6.png

Locsin is head of the DFA I think.

fivestarph

Looks like there will be no Cathay Pacific flights to Cebu from April.

"Cathay Pacific announced on Friday that it will reduce capacity on its passenger network by 96 percent in April and May, due to a severe drop in demand amid the coronavirus pandemic.

The airline said the "bare skeleton" service it had already warned of will involve just three Cathay Pacific flights per week to a dozen destinations: London, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Tokyo, Taipei, New Delhi, Bangkok, Jakarta, Manila, Ho Chi Minh City, Singapore and Sydney, as well as three Cathay Dragon flights per week to three destinations: Beijing, Shanghai and Kuala Lumpur.

"Our ability to maintain even this skeleton schedule will depend on whether more travel restrictions are imposed by governments around the world which will further dampen passenger demand," a statement said."

SkyMan

And now the new order....

https://dfa.gov.ph/dfa-news/statements-and-advisoriesupdate/26401-travel-advisory-inbound-travel-restrictions-by-the-philippine-government-on-foreign-travelers?fbclid=IwAR2EK1nbL6DnwDrTNebmR3Tt0pMoa5xUQGUm7_iPgGlxA56x--fcRHxSL6k

Pursuant to the implementation of the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) to prevent the spread of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic, please be guided by the following travel restrictions imposed on Foreign Travelers. 

Please note that this information is constantly changing and DFA will be updating the advisories accordingly.

All foreign passengers are allowed entry, subject to strict immigration and quarantine protocols.

For passengers from Italy and Iran, required medical certificates of good health to be presented should be validated by their respective embassies.

Existing travel restrictions imposed by the Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) on passengers coming from China, Hong Kong, Macau, North Gyeongsang Province of South Korea, including Daegu and Cheongdo County, Iran, and Italy are still in effect.

Headshot
2 hours ago, SkyMan said:

subject to strict immigration and quarantine protocols

And what, exactly does that mean? Have those strict immigration and quarantine protocols been defined, or will people coming in be left guessing what will happen to them until they are actually here? Surprise ... a month in a quarantine center for you...

• Like 1
Woolf

My neighbor just arrived from overseas

He was transported here with special  transport, 

officials from barangay was here to receive him

His wife was NOT allowed to pick him up at the airport

he is now quarantine for 14 days in a house fully furnished that was not used for now 

no hugging of his 3 daughters nor wife

the house is just on the other side the street of his own house

so they can wave from the balcony

he arrived with emirates this afternoon, I am pretty sure that was the last flight for some time

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 3