Cebu to Restrict Some Inbound Domestic Air Travel

SkyMan
59 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Sorry Folks ... no refunds. You already got twice as much flying time as you paid for...

Yeah, they'll probably have an extra fuel fee.  Then again.....

Sorry flight 6515, you can't land here either.  You're coming from Dumaguete.

But we didn't land.

That's what they all say.  Can't be too careful.

You would think for that short of a flight, they'd have landing clearance coordinated before they took off.  (Rhetorical observation.)

• Haha 1
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkyMan

• Woolf

• Headshot

• GBT62

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A bit more detail from the SunStar: link March 15, 2020 IN THE next 30 days, the Cebu Provincial Government will impose strict control over passengers arriving at airports and seaports

"Cebu City (CNN Philippines, March 14) — Cebu will restrict inbound travel in 72 hours, its governor announced, with the province planning to ban the entry of anyone coming in from any port or seaport

I should be arriving at Mactan Sunday 22nd, if I can, I'll post what transpires. I have documentary proof of ownership regarding my home in Argao, and an ACR card. I will volunteer to self home quaran

Posted Images

• Administrator
Dafey
23 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Yeah, they'll probably have an extra fuel fee. 

Extra Frequent Flyer miles?

• Like 1
rizla

AirAsia is now offering either a 365 day change of date/route or full refund on all domestic flights in the Philippines, however, the refund/change has to be done online, and after 5 attempts to get a refund, every attempt has ended with "sorry, something went wrong, try again". If you try to call/use FB to speak to a real person, it defaults to a message saying "too busy, try later". 

I have been trying since 3am this morning with no success, no wonder AirAsia is in financial difficulties!

• Sad 1
liquido
2 hours ago, rizla said:

AirAsia is now offering either a 365 day change of date/route or full refund on all domestic flights in the Philippines, however, the refund/change has to be done online, and after 5 attempts to get a refund, every attempt has ended with "sorry, something went wrong, try again". If you try to call/use FB to speak to a real person, it defaults to a message saying "too busy, try later". 

I have been trying since 3am this morning with no success, no wonder AirAsia is in financial difficulties!

At least you can make an attempt to do refund online unlike PAL a so called   "4-Star Global Airline" rating from Skytrax"..what a joke.There is NO toll free number here in the RP..You can use skype to call the 800 number in Canada and USA..Cannot cancel a flight online..Have to call or go to there office..If you want to redeem miles for a ticket you also have to go to there office...Like I said there rating is a joke......... 

SkyMan

image.thumb.png.fc03d504845de0b94a9336f2b5635b1c.png

Are they setting up check points around the city or what?

Woolf

With a link

from SunStar

https://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/1848545/Cebu/Local-News/Cebu-City-under-community-quarantine

Cebu City under community quarantine

March 15, 2020

CEBU City will be placed under community quarantine starting 12:01 a.m., March 16 until 11:59 p.m. of April 14, 2020.

Mayor Edgardo Labella, on Sunday afternoon, March 15, issued the executive order placing the entire city under community quarantine due to the prevailing threat of coronavirus disease (Covid-19) in the country.

Under the declaration, the suspension of classes in all levels of public and private schools is also extended until April 14. Schools were directed to implement distance learning and provide home assignments.

A nine-hour curfew will also be implemented in the city from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. during the entire period of community quarantine.

All malls, recreational centers, community centers, and other commercial areas are directed to limit daily operational hours until 8 p.m. only except medical centers, pharmacies, and healthcare facilities.

During the period of community quarantine, Cebu City residents are strongly advised to stay in their homes and may only go out for work, to buy food and to consult in medical centers.

All residents of the city without important transactions or business are advised to avoid going to the malls, community centers, commercial and public areas.

Mass gatherings such as concerts, cockpit operations, fiesta celebrations are also cancelled.

Labella ensured government work will not be disrupted but government agencies are encouraged to provide alternative work arrangements.

All private establishments are encouraged to adopt flexible work arrangements. All establishments are also directed to have temperature check in all entry points and ensure soaps, sanitizers and alcohol are readily available.

Public transportation within Cebu City is still allowed given that one seat apart and passenger occupancy should not be more than half of the capacity of the vehicle including the driver, which is indicated in the Department of Transportation Guidelines on Social Distancing and Community Quarantine.

Seaports under the jurisdiction of the city are closed to passengers except for cargo deliveries of essential goods. Those who are travelling upon the effectivity of the executive order will be allowed to dock but will be subjected to quarantine.

Health checkpoints will be installed in all entry points in the city. Hospital and medical establishments should also oblige their health workers to wear proper protective gears.

Roads will also be temporarily closed when conditions require.

Barangays are instructed to conduct house to house monitoring of individuals particularly pregnant women, sick persons, senior citizens and children under ten years old.

The Cebu City Council has placed the entire city under state of calamity following the increasing cases of Covid-19.

Labella’s executive order came after President Rodrigo Duterte placed Metro Manila under community quarantine and declared public health emergency.

Other provinces and cities outside Metro Manila such as Bohol, Davao, City, Iloilo City, and Iloilo province have been placed under community quarantine. (NJN, KST)

• Thanks 1
Woolf

Cebu Daily News

https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/294301/ltfrb-7-tells-puv-operators-drivers-comply-with-one-seat-apart-rule-or-else

LTFRB-7 tells PUV operators, drivers: Comply with ‘one seat apart’ rule or else…

By: Rosalie Abatayo - Reporter/CDN Digital | March 15,2020 - 06:17 PM

CEBU CITY, Philippines — Starting on Monday, March 16, the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board in Central Visayas (LTFRB-7) will set out to the streets to ensure public utility vehicles’ (PUVs) compliance with the social distancing measures issued by the Department of Transportation (DOTr).

Under the DOTr’s guidelines, PUVs will have to limit the number of passengers that they carry in order to observe a “safe distance” among passengers in view of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) threat.

Jeepneys, both the old and new models, may only accommodate half their seating capacity, including the driver, in order to implement the “one seat apart” policy.

Vans-for-hire (V-Hires), meanwhile, are only allowed to carry six passengers at a time. Passenger buses are still required to follow the one-seat apart rule with up to 25 allowed passengers only.

LTFRB-7 Regional Director Eduardo Montealto said that drivers who will be caught carrying more than the prescribed number of passengers for their units will be issued a citation ticket and will be asked to pay the P5,000 fine.

DOTr also prohibits multiple bookings for one trip for transport network vehicle services (TNVS).

Grab Philippines, on Friday, March 13, announced that they are temporarily suspending their GrabShare services as part of their safety measures against COVID-19.

Montealto, in an interview with CDN Digital, said they have started to communicate with operators to remind them to fully comply with the DOTr protocols.

Failure to comply with these guidelines, Montealto said, will not only mean taking home a citation ticket but this also increases the risk for your family’s health.

“Naningkamot tuod mo, naningkamot tang tanan pero wala man tay mahimo kung di ta mopatuo ani. Dako kaayo tag multa plus inig uli nato sa atong pamilya, dili ta makasiguro sa atong health anang higayona,” Montealto said.

(I know that you are working, we are also working and nothing will happen if we do not heed the DOTr’s protocols.  Huge fines will be imposed on violators and youwill also put to risk the health of your families.) / dcb

Edited by Woolf
fivestarph

Confused. Do we have two sets of quarantine??.
Governor Garcia states the curfew will be from 10pm to 5am and all establishments must close at 9pm.
Mayor Labella states curfew will be from 8pm to 5am and all establishments must close at 8pm.(How do staff get home if no time allowance?)

It would have been nice if there was just one set of rules for Cebu..

Woolf
26 minutes ago, fivestarph said:

Confused. Do we have two sets of quarantine??.
Governor Garcia states the curfew will be from 10pm to 5am and all establishments must close at 9pm.
Mayor Labella states curfew will be from 8pm to 5am and all establishments must close at 8pm.(How do staff get home if no time allowance?)

It would have been nice if there was just one set of rules for Cebu..

Cebu City is independent of the province 

Gwen is governor of cebu province

Labella is Major of Cebu City

below chart is from 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_of_the_Philippines

image.png.85ddb0f9cd687a0f547e7dfcc5967c1d.png

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 2
rizla

Isn't the curfew for children only?

Anyone know if busses are still running to south cebu?

lamoe

50% of rated capacity means a 2/3rds passenger reduction on some of the smaller jeepneys.

Have seen 2 people in single seat in front, 2 hanging off back in addition to 4 extra inside.

That is going to cause a real back up - if followed

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 1
Headshot

So, I'm not sure how these quarantines are supposed to work. MCIA is owned and controlled by the federal government (through the Mactan–Cebu International Airport Authority). The governor of Cebu has no authority over the airport. Cebu City, Lapu-Lapu and Mandaue City are all independent cities, so the governor has no jurisdiction in any of them. Is the governor planning to set up roadblocks for anybody leaving these cities? Otherwise, just how would she propose to enforce these quarantines?

Edited by Headshot
fivestarph
10 minutes ago, Headshot said:

So, I'm not sure how these quarantines are supposed to work. MCIA is owned and controlled by the federal government (through the Mactan–Cebu International Airport Authority). The governor of Cebu has no authority over the airport. Cebu City, Lapu-Lapu and Mandaue City are all independent cities, so the governor has no jurisdiction in any of them. Is the governor planning to set up roadblocks for anybody leaving these cities? Otherwise, just how would she propose to enforce these quarantines?

ha, so if I dine in Banilad Town Center the restaurant closes at 8pm. if I dine in Oakridge the restaurant closes at 9pm unless Mandaue City follows Cebu City rules.

Soupeod
On 3/15/2020 at 5:23 AM, to_dave007 said:

ferries to Leyte and Masbate.

I’ll post the Ormoc Corona executive order in another thread.

• Like 1