Cebu to Restrict Some Inbound Domestic Air Travel

SunStar Cebu

Domestic Passengers arriving in Cebu via air travel from Clark International Airport, Legazpi City, Cagayan De Oro City and Dumaguete City are prohibited from entering Cebu for a period of 30 days.

This was announced by Governor Gwendolyn Garcia after she issued an Executive Order (EO) 5-E on March 14, 2020 amid the spread of the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) in the country.

The order will be effective today, March 14, 2020.

• Like 1
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkyMan

• Woolf

• Headshot

• GBT62

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A bit more detail from the SunStar: link March 15, 2020 IN THE next 30 days, the Cebu Provincial Government will impose strict control over passengers arriving at airports and seaports

"Cebu City (CNN Philippines, March 14) — Cebu will restrict inbound travel in 72 hours, its governor announced, with the province planning to ban the entry of anyone coming in from any port or seaport

I should be arriving at Mactan Sunday 22nd, if I can, I'll post what transpires. I have documentary proof of ownership regarding my home in Argao, and an ACR card. I will volunteer to self home quaran

Posted Images

• Administrator
Salty Dog
24 minutes ago, GBT62 said:

Domestic Passengers arriving in Cebu via air travel from Clark International Airport, Legazpi City, Cagayan De Oro City and Dumaguete City are prohibited from entering Cebu for a period of 30 days.

Typical news wording from the papers there.

If they are arriving at the domestic terminal, they are already there. Seems it would make more sense if they said Domestic Travel into Cebu from these cities is not allowed or prohibited.

Yeah exactly - I said the same thing - Terminal is gonna fill :biggrin_01:

I also could not believe the large bold typo in the Executive Order  - so official looking ....

image.png.c2c284204eadec152803c78e16ef86ff.png

• Like 1
SkyMan

In an expired FB link of a Gov. Garcia press conference, she's was saying that in 48 hours all domestic flights and ferries to Cebu shut down.  Sports, etc. shutdown.  Restos shutdown at 9PM.  Everyone needs to maintain 1 meter separation.

Kreole

This will have absolutely no effect on the spread of the virus, which is by now spread far and wide.  Whatever "preventative" measures they are taking are just knee jerk reactions.  The virus will run it natural course whatever humans do.  It will kill off a small percentage of "at risk" people and infect the majority that will survive, many of whom will suffer no more than a light flu. 

The economic havoc will far outweigh the fatality rate as businesses are forced to close due to stock unavailability or shipping restrictions.  The population in more rural areas will suffer the most due to shortages of essential food and medicines.  Globalization has created the perfect storm and fertile environment for this and other pandemics. 

Dependence on foreign suppliers, such as China, is already crippling economies that have no other source for their stock whether it be medicines, electronics, or rare earth elements.  Don't expect this government to do anything effective because it lacks the foresight and capability, even it has had lots of practice dealing with natural disasters that are as regular as they are predictable, as is the opportunistic hoarding, price gouging, and diversion of critical aid supplies into corrupt officials' warehouses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
BossHog

"Cebu City (CNN Philippines, March 14) — Cebu will restrict inbound travel in 72 hours, its governor announced, with the province planning to ban the entry of anyone coming in from any port or seaport, in response to the threat of COVID-19.

The provincial government is gradually rolling out restrictions, with the first one being a ban on anyone flying in from Clark International Airport in Pampanga, Legazpi City Airport in Albay, Cagayan De Oro City and Dumaguete City, as these are entry points to Luzon and Mindanao which have reported patients with COVID-19.

“There is a necessity to support efforts of Metro Manila in order to further suppress the spread of COVID-19,” read Cebu Governor Gwendolyn Garcia’s executive order, issued Saturday to enforce the inbound travel ban.

Garcia still plans to issue an executive order to ban anyone from Dumaguete City from entering Cebu beginning March 15, and to ban all ferry passengers from the ports of San Carlos City, Guihulngan City, and Escalante City in Negros Oriental from entry starting March 16.

She also plans to ban flights from Cebu to any part of the Philippines starting March 16.

While the movement of people will be restricted, cargo and supplies will be allowed into Cebu, subject to stringent measures.

Garcia said this is not a lockdown as people can still travel out of the province — they just cannot go back in.

She added that the provincial government is still awaiting for new guidelines from the Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases before taking any action on international flights."

https://cnnphilippines.com/regional/2020/3/14/Cebu-COVID-19-coronavirus-restrictions.html

• Thanks 6
to_dave007

Anyone hear an END DATE to these restrictions..  or will they be in place indefinitely until the peak passes?  I'm expecting they'll be in place for 30 days.

Also..  no mention of travel bans at the northern ports with ferries to Leyte and Masbate.

Edited by to_dave007
1 hour ago, to_dave007 said:

Anyone hear an END DATE to these restrictions..  or will they be in place indefinitely until the peak passes?  I'm expecting they'll be in place for 30 days.

Also..  no mention of travel bans at the northern ports with ferries to Leyte and Masbate.

Yes, 30 days. To start with...

BossHog

A bit more detail from the SunStar:

link

March 15, 2020

IN THE next 30 days, the Cebu Provincial Government will impose strict control over passengers arriving at airports and seaports to protect the province from the threat of the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19).

It will impose a curfew from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. in all the towns and cities. By 12:01 a.m. of Tuesday, March 17, 2020, all domestic passengers arriving in Cebu via air travel shall be denied entry, while all seaports in the Province of Cebu will be closed to passenger travel by Wednesday, March 18, 2020.

“As we close our seaports to ingress of passengers, we are not prohibiting Cebuanos to go out of Cebu. But if they go out, they will not be able to come back in 30 days,” said Gov. Gwendolyn Garcia.

Under Executive Order 5-E issued by the governor on Saturday, for a period of 30 days, domestic passengers arriving in Cebu via air travel shall be denied entry:

Effective immediately, for those coming from Dumaguete City;

Effective Monday, March 16, 2020, for those coming from Clark International Airport, Legazpi City and Cagayan de Oro City;

Effective Tuesday, March 17, 2020, for those originating from all other domestic airports.

“We can no longer stand idle when there is a clear and present danger,” the governor said. “Free movement of cargoes shall continue, while passengers of international flights that will be subjected to the mandatory quarantine will now include Spain. This is in addition to those who have passed by Iran and Italy, as earlier stated in an earlier executive order. Classes are suspended including college. Movie houses, cockpits, gyms, museums, cultural and sports centers will be closed and restaurants, cafés and bars shall close at 9 p.m.”

“We are looking at a full 30-day mitigation period to ensure that we shall be able to prevent the entry and, hopefully, keep out the coronavirus that is now spreading,” she said.

Earlier on Saturday, the Mactan-Cebu International Airport(MCIA) announced that all flights to and from Manila are suspended from March 15 to April 14 in view of the National Government’s declaration of the Covid-19 Code Red sub-level 2 and the implementation of a community quarantine in the National Capital Region.

However, flights in the MCIA to and from other domestic destinations will remain operational, it said.

Passengers of affected flights were advised to coordinate with their respective airlines for rebooking and other changes to flight schedules.

Sea travel

On the other hand, under Executive Order 5-F issued by Governor Garcia also on Saturday, for 30 days, domestic passengers arriving in Cebu via sea travel shall be denied entry to the Province of Cebu:

Starting Monday, March 16, 2020, for travelers arriving at Pier 1, and all seaports in Samboan and Santander;

Starting Tuesday, March 17, 2020, for travelers arriving in all seaports of Toledo, Tuburan, Tabuelan and Tangil (Dumanjug);

Starting Wednesday, March 18, 2020, for those arriving in all other seaports in the Province of Cebu.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
SkyMan

Here's a flight you wouldn't want.  Just getting off the ground is no guarantee.

image.thumb.png.c736b9d0caf436499b3e95101790cd7d.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Headshot
47 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Here's a flight you wouldn't want.  Just getting off the ground is no guarantee.

image.thumb.png.c736b9d0caf436499b3e95101790cd7d.png

Sorry Folks ... no refunds. You already got twice as much flying time as you paid for...

• Haha 2
liquido

https://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/1848506/Cebu/Local-News/Cebu-Capitol-imposes-border-controls

"It will impose a curfew from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. in all the towns and cities. By 12:01 a.m. of Tuesday, March 17, 2020, all domestic passengers arriving in Cebu via air travel shall be denied entry, while all seaports in the Province of Cebu will be closed to passenger travel by Wednesday, March 18, 2020."

Im a little slow today...So there saying domestic air passengers will be denied entry in Cebu? If so im sure glad i did not move up my flight to march 22...Davao-Cebu-Seoul-USA....

Soupeod
9 minutes ago, liquido said:

https://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/1848506/Cebu/Local-News/Cebu-Capitol-imposes-border-controls

"It will impose a curfew from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. in all the towns and cities. By 12:01 a.m. of Tuesday, March 17, 2020, all domestic passengers arriving in Cebu via air travel shall be denied entry, while all seaports in the Province of Cebu will be closed to passenger travel by Wednesday, March 18, 2020."

Im a little slow today...So there saying domestic air passengers will be denied entry in Cebu? If so im sure glad i did not move up my flight to march 22...Davao-Cebu-Seoul-USA....

Same checkpoints / lockdown now in Ormoc City.

to_dave007

lol..  You can still go to Bantayan and Camotes...  and malapasqua

Edited by to_dave007