Coronavirus Threads

Salty Dog

• Administrator
Salty Dog

The number of separate Coronavirus threads has now exceeded 25.

Please try not to start a new thread every time you find an article online that you find interesting.

Many online articles should fit in the "Coronavirus Stories" thread or the "Coronavirus virus can spread via human transmission" thread.

If you can't find a thread you've started, It was either merged into one of the above threads, or a similar thread that was already opened.

For those of us not living in the Philippines, we are already getting 24/7 Coronavirus news.

For those who are living in the Philippines or have family there, It's understandable that they would want Cornoavirus news thats more Philippine specific. We are generally trying to leave Philippine Cornoavirus specific threads intact, or are merging them with other Philippine related Cornoavirus threads.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

• Thanks 2
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

There have now been nearly 300 Coronavirus threads started with over 3,500 posts. As mention previously, many have been merged into existing threads that cover the same or similar topic. This appears to have been working effectively. I just wanted to mention it again as a reminder, and for those who might wonder where their thread or post went to.

A few members have asked me where a post went. All you need to do is go to your profile page where all of your active post will be listed. The post's current location will be automatically updated if the post was moved. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
JohnSurrey

Thanks for burying my information about the "Death Trends" into the science thread - "Coronavirus virus can spread via human transmission"

I appreciate you wouldn't understand why information about the "Death Trends" warrants a separate thread on it's own (It's part of the story - not really anything to do with science) - A big part of the reason is the inconsistent and often political bias that is attached to the numbers being reported generally - particularly those included by @Kahuna in his "science" thread - do you believe those numbers for China or RP etc?

That's to say the "Science" if you can call it that behind the worldometer type figures is highly questionable something the following article alludes to Spectator: Science Covid 19 etc  

Even the reported Death Trends are not perfect but they do highlight an important trend that the repetitious and quite verbose daily reports in Kahuna's "science" thread obscure. 

• Confused 1
Kahuna
10 hours ago, JohnSurrey said:

Thanks for burying my information about the "Death Trends" into the science thread - "Coronavirus virus can spread via human transmission"

I appreciate you wouldn't understand why information about the "Death Trends" warrants a separate thread on it's own (It's part of the story - not really anything to do with science) - A big part of the reason is the inconsistent and often political bias that is attached to the numbers being reported generally - particularly those included by @Kahuna in his "science" thread - do you believe those numbers for China or RP etc?

That's to say the "Science" if you can call it that behind the worldometer type figures is highly questionable something the following article alludes to Spectator: Science Covid 19 etc  

Even the reported Death Trends are not perfect but they do highlight an important trend that the repetitious and quite verbose daily reports in Kahuna's "science" thread obscure. 

Actually Salty asked me about your graphs and decision was still pending ,however since this post is clearly hostile to my own efforts it can stay right where it is as far as I'm concerned.  :hi: