Jump to content

PHILIPPINE Covid-19 Cases, Monitoring, Articles & Discussions


Recommended Posts

HeyMike

I am sorry to hear the mayor of Barili (where I live), Marlon Garcia (Gwen Garcia's brother) has died of covid-19.

Gwen's other brother, Nelson Garcia, former mayor of Dumanjug, died of covid-19 last week. Dumanjug is the next town south of Barili.

I am in New Jersey now, but my wife's family is in Barili. It is really getting close to home now, literally. Stay safe everyone.

RIP Marlon and Nelson.    

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Dafey

    71

  • lamoe

    64

  • SkyMan

    59

  • JohnSurrey

    41

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gosh monitoring this thread makes me not feel good about coming to Cebu for any reason. Wish it were not that way. I just turned 62 and am tired of working. Had been really looking forward to building

Or conversely shutting the country down has kept the average down to just 6 deaths per day.......

Not any more, last year domestic tourism was financed by those with jobs.  This year and next, I would surmise that less than half will travel on a holiday, The government needs to reopen the Airports

Posted Images

battleborn

The PNP recently stated they would start monitoring social media for quarantine violators.  I guess that means Facebook, instagram, twitter etc.

Think that will happen?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
East Saxon
11 hours ago, battleborn said:

The PNP recently stated they would start monitoring social media for quarantine violators.  I guess that means Facebook, instagram, twitter etc.

Think that will happen?

Better than going out and actually enforcing the Laws.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
RogerDuMond
On 9/6/2020 at 8:55 AM, HeyMike said:

I am sorry to hear the mayor of Barili (where I live), Marlon Garcia (Gwen Garcia's brother) has died of covid-19.

That is too bad, I just saw him six months or so ago when he purchased a goat from us.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Chris24
11 hours ago, battleborn said:

The PNP recently stated they would start monitoring social media for quarantine violators.  I guess that means Facebook, instagram, twitter etc.

Think that will happen?

PNP Sergeant: What is that on your screen Patrolman?

Patrolman:  It's Facebook sir!

PNP Sergeant:  Carry on.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
11 hours ago, battleborn said:

The PNP recently stated they would start monitoring social media for quarantine violators.  I guess that means Facebook, instagram, twitter etc.

Think that will happen?

Please provide a link to your source....

Link to post
Share on other sites
Kreole
6 hours ago, battleborn said:

Philippine police draw flak for plan to monitor social media on quarantine  

This is a link from Reuters UK on Sept 6.

They plan to look into large crowds and illegal drinking.  Many groups oppose.

If you had any doubts about the real reasons for such draconian policies in the RP, then this should give you reason for concern.   Monitoring sites is easy, just as anyone can read the tweets and messages.  So much for saving lives, flattening the curve or whatever bullshit pretext they use, this is a patently obvious scheme for population control. 

And there is more to come. Any bets?  BTW, they are already monitoring social media, and have been for some time, and this site is probably under surveillance, so watch your tongue, mates.

Edited by Kreole
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
to_dave007

Duterte extends state of calamity due to Covid-19

MANILA – President Rodrigo Duterte has extended the declaration of a state of calamity throughout the Philippines for one more year due to the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) pandemic.

In Proclamation No. 1021 signed on Sept. 16 and released on Friday, Duterte extended the state of calamity “for a period of one year", or from Sept. 13, 2020 to Sept. 12, 2021, “unless earlier lifted or extended as circumstances may warrant". 

Duterte said that while "significant strides" have been achieved to strengthen the country's efforts to fight the spread of the virus, Covid-19 cases continue to increase in the country.

"The number of Covid-19 positive cases and deaths continue to rise despite efforts and interventions to contain the same," the proclamation read. 

Duterte said the extension would allow the national government, as well as local government units (LGUs), to continue using the "appropriate funds, including the Quick Response Fund, in their disaster preparedness and response efforts to contain the spread of Covid-19, monitor and control prices of basic necessities and prime commodities, and provide basic services to the affected populations".

Under the proclamation, all government agencies and LGUs are enjoined to cooperate and mobilize the necessary resources to “undertake critical, urgent, and appropriate disaster response aid and measures in a timely manner to curtail and eliminate the threat of Covid-19.”

Law enforcement agencies, with the support of the Armed Forces of the Philippines, were also directed to continue undertaking all necessary measures “to ensure peace and order" in affected areas. 

In March, Duterte signed Proclamation 929 that placed the entire Philippines under a state of calamity for six months due to the Covid-19 health crisis.

The Department of Health (DOH) on Friday reported a total of 279,526 Covid-19 cases, with 65,906 active cases, 208,790 recoveries and 4,830 deaths. (PNA)

https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1115937

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
fred42

8 foreigners, 28 others arrested for clubbing

THIRTY-SIX individuals, including eight foreigners, were arrested Friday night, October 9, 2020, in a bar in Barangay Kasambagan, Cebu City for violating health protocols.

Cebu City Police Chief Josefino Ligan led the operation in a bar in Barangay Kasambagan were 27 individuals were caught drinking.

Cebu City Mayor Edgardo Labella earlier issued an executive order that prohibits the operations of bars, clubhouses, and the offering of alcoholic drinks.

Labella's executive order only allows restaurants to service alcoholic drinks only for two servings.

Arrested in the operation were 15 men and 12 women. Among those arrested were two Japanese, an American, two Nigerians, two British, and an Australian national. Also nabbed were two owners of the bar.

After the bar in Kasambagan, the police raided another bar in Barangay Busay where they arrested nine individuals.

The violators will be charged with violation of Article 151 of the Revised Penal Code and violation of Cebu City's executive orders.

“We will be making a report addressed to the City Government for a penalty or going towards the revocation of there business permit. This is a blatant disregard of the executive order of the mayor and a clear violation, so we will be recommending for the closure of that establishment,” Ligan said.

https://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/1873000/Cebu/Local-News/8-foreigners-28-others-arrested-for-clubbing

Link to post
Share on other sites
fivestarph

My reading of this is that you have to be eating a meal in a restaurant to be served alcohol. I don't think an individual could go into a restaurant and just order a beer/glass of wine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
HeyMike

 

People have to do a better job of finding the speakeasy. Just remember the password is "swordfish" to get in.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Sibonga Simon

I was wondering why I was feeling even more hateful of the 6am karaoke playing neighbor.....  

People vulnerable to diabolic attacks during pandemic: exorcist

By Mary Judaline Partlow  October 12, 2020, 9:25 pm

DUMAGUETE CITY – With still no approved vaccine for the deadly coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) that has caused a pandemic, many people suffering from its effects, particularly the restrictions that come with it are inclined to be vulnerable to diabolic attacks, a Catholic priest-exorcist here said.

Fr. Ronaldo Ablong, who is the priest-in-charge of the St. Vincent Ferrer quasi-parish in Barangay Camanjac here, told the Philippine News Agency in an interview that people who are dealing with mental, emotional, spiritual, and even physical stress and other disorders in this time of crisis are the ones prone to Satan’s and his demons’ deceptions.

“The devil is always around 24/7, and rides on to events in our surroundings, such as our problems, trials, illnesses, pain, and crisis,” he said.

fr-ablong-1.jpg
HOLY COMMUNION. Fr. Ronnie Ablong (left), one of two exorcists of the Diocese of Dumaguete, gives communion during a Holy Mass at his recent installation being the new priest-in-charge of the St. Vincent Ferrer quasi-parish in Dumaguete City. The priest recommends a prayerful life and receiving the sacraments to ward off diabolical attacks during this time of a pandemic. (Photo by Judy Flores Partlow)

“Gani, pagsugod sa pandemic didto sa Manila, ang mga exorcist naghimo sila ug deliverance prayer, ug naka dawat gani ko ug call kung pwede nga akong mahimong live ang maong prayer (In fact, at the start of the pandemic, the exorcists in Manila came out with a deliverance prayer and they called me and asked me to join them and if I could also share via live-streaming their nightly prayer) to curb the effects of the devil’s actions especially at a time of confusion,” he added.

Ablong said two things can happen in this time of great trial brought about by the pandemic. “Either we grow spiritually or we get discouraged and then we question God why is this happening,” he said.

“The ordinary action of the devil is temptation which happens every day and to anyone but there is also what we call extraordinary diabolical action,” the priest said.

“We have to be humble as we are not in control of the situation,” he said of the pandemic. “Even rich countries and the most powerful in the world are not spared from the Covid-19.”

Ablong said when people feel helpless, they usually turn to God. "But we have to be careful because the devil is wily and he will put us in a discomforting situation and discourage us,” he said.

The 51-year-old priest, who has investigated scores of demonic attacks, and performed religious rites in “evicting demons and diabolical spiritual forces”, has been in the deliverance and exorcism ministry for over three years now, dealing with people who have been demonized and releasing them from the “bondage” of the devil.

Ablong said many people usually tend to associate exorcism with demonic possession but are not aware that there are different stages or forms of diabolical attacks, from slight to moderate to severe, whether the devil is outside or inside of a person, and demonic infestation of places and objects.

These are obsession or when the devil attacks a person mentally through “negative and excessive thoughts” that that person cannot control; diabolic oppression or harassment, where a physical attack takes place and a person is harmed; and diabolical possession, when a demonic spirit takes over the body of a person, the priest said.

It only needs an “opening” for these things to take place, he said.

He cautioned people against engaging in occult practices, such as playing the Ouija board, Spirit of the Glass, soliciting the help of palm readers, card readers, and fortune-tellers, and practicing witchcraft.

“The devil does not come unless he is invited. He only comes into our lives if we invite him and usually, it is through occultism, and this will give them the legal right to operate in your life,” the priest further said.

In one of the cases that he handled, it turned out that the parents had offered their child to Satan because of certain beliefs, and the diabolical attacks of not just one member but the entire family started. It took months before they were finally “released” through the performance of exorcism rituals, masses, other forms of prayer, and their conversion to and baptism in the Catholic Church, he said.

Asked for recommendations on how to address this vulnerability, the priest said that foremost is for people to lead a prayerful life, and for those who go astray, to return to God, receive and avail of the sacraments, particularly confession, communion, and attending the mass, and avoiding occultism.

Also, one must avoid mortal sin because “habitual mortal sin can lead you to diabolical oppression”.

He also emphasized the invocation of the Blessed Virgin Mary, who he describes as “the mortal enemy of Satan because she is not a creature but just a human being, but because of God’s grace, she is able to overcome the ways of Satan.

While the world continues to grapple with the novel coronavirus that has claimed the lives of more than one million people globally as reported by the World Health Organization, Ablong urged the people to continue to put their hope in the Lord and not to despair despite what is happening around.

“Nothing happens by chance. God has a reason for this pandemic. That is why we have to go back to God,” the priest said.

There may be many uncertainties about the coronavirus and the future, “but because of the pandemic, more and more families get to pray together, eat together…they can have bonding time and more time for themselves,” Ablong said. (PNA)

https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1118258

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SkyMan said:

FB_IMG_1602897681582.thumb.jpg.8cbb46c052ee34ec567fd39a9ba440c1.jpg

Wonder if the difference is traffic and "I did it my way" ?

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..