battleborn

PHILIPPINE Covid-19 Cases, Monitoring, Articles & Discusions

Ozepete

Is Mitsumi near Danao still operating during this pandemic? 

p-power

Yes

rizla
On 8/18/2020 at 6:20 AM, softail said:

"We have a very huge domestic tourism base. Last year, there were about 109 million domestic trips. And we're very confident that as we open up local destinations, it will be the local tourists who will be creating or stimulating the demand," Bengzon said

Not any more, last year domestic tourism was financed by those with jobs.  This year and next, I would surmise that less than half will travel on a holiday, The government needs to reopen the Airports, have testing carried out etc etc. That way they can encourage international tourists to start to bring much needed money to the islands.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

lamoe
4 hours ago, rizla said:

Not any more, last year domestic tourism was financed by those with jobs.  This year and next, I would surmise that less than half will travel on a holiday, The government needs to reopen the Airports, have testing carried out etc etc. That way they can encourage international tourists to start to bring much needed money to the islands.

Also transportation, hotels, resorts - end lockdown - no need to come if can't go out

How do visors get passes?  We still only get 15 / day for 380+ occupied condos

• Like 1

Kreole
3 hours ago, lamoe said:

Also transportation, hotels, resorts - end lockdown

Is that currently the case?  All forms of transport, including ferry service?

lamoe
22 minutes ago, Kreole said:

Is that currently the case?  All forms of transport, including ferry service?

Not that I've heard

softail

I think I just maybe be better off being stuck in Seattle right now

jaybee747
11 hours ago, rizla said:

The government needs to reopen the Airports, have testing carried out etc etc. That way they can encourage international tourists to start to bring much needed money to the islands.

Open the airports for tourists? I am currently a tourist in Cebu and I am not allowed even to cross the street from my place to go to the mall, how can opening the airports will help? 

Kreole

Bummer !.  5 months of quarantine on this island is getting on my nerves.  On the other hand, there is much more freedom here than in the metro areas.  I take a walk with my dogs every day on the beach and only wear a mask when in town.

RR3
18 minutes ago, Kreole said:

Bummer !.  5 months of quarantine on this island is getting on my nerves.  On the other hand, there is much more freedom here than in the metro areas.  I take a walk with my dogs every day on the beach and only wear a mask when in town.

I will miss this peace and tranquility when/if corona gone and tourists back. Now only a few pinoy and even fewer kano (residental) can be seen in my paradise. No chinese, no koreans, no japanese, oh I love this.

Ofcourse corona never gone 'cause every flu is of this same family since 50m years. Only this one now lifted in topics. Live with it or die. Its survival of the fittest.

• Like 1

jaybee747

As expected, the use of a face shield is now mandatory for those entering commercial places like shopping malls...

lamoe
Posted (edited)

Went to Landers -  saw the glass frame type shields (P54), the foam support / elastic band ones make head sweat, Tata wanted one, I wear glasses, figured wouldn't work - tried it on - very light and comfortable - got another one

image.png.43bb1dfe6d33e8ec6bd4ee941b678749.png

Edited by lamoe

smokey

I am going to order one of these so i can be ahead of the curve

Screenshot_20200822-202923_Chrome.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

arentol
6 hours ago, lamoe said:

Went to Landers -  saw the glass frame type shields (P54), the foam support / elastic band ones make head sweat, Tata wanted one, I wear glasses, figured wouldn't work - tried it on - very light and comfortable - got another one

image.png.43bb1dfe6d33e8ec6bd4ee941b678749.png

Yes these are much more comfortable than the elastic head ones. I think most people have switched over to this type now.

Aren

SkyMan

But how do you know what it is if it doesn't say FACE SHIELD across the front?

image.thumb.png.9b6b93be3d324c52c72e6641a17adb99.png

• Haha 4

HeyMike

I am sorry to hear the mayor of Barili (where I live), Marlon Garcia (Gwen Garcia's brother) has died of covid-19.

Gwen's other brother, Nelson Garcia, former mayor of Dumanjug, died of covid-19 last week. Dumanjug is the next town south of Barili.

I am in New Jersey now, but my wife's family is in Barili. It is really getting close to home now, literally. Stay safe everyone.

RIP Marlon and Nelson.    

battleborn

The PNP recently stated they would start monitoring social media for quarantine violators.  I guess that means Facebook, instagram, twitter etc.

Think that will happen?

• Like 1

East Saxon
11 hours ago, battleborn said:

The PNP recently stated they would start monitoring social media for quarantine violators.  I guess that means Facebook, instagram, twitter etc.

Think that will happen?

Better than going out and actually enforcing the Laws.  

• Like 1

RogerDuMond
On 9/6/2020 at 8:55 AM, HeyMike said:

I am sorry to hear the mayor of Barili (where I live), Marlon Garcia (Gwen Garcia's brother) has died of covid-19.

That is too bad, I just saw him six months or so ago when he purchased a goat from us.

• Like 1

Chris24

Think that will happen?

PNP Sergeant: What is that on your screen Patrolman?

Patrolman:  It's Facebook sir!

PNP Sergeant:  Carry on.   

Salty Dog

Think that will happen?

Please provide a link to your source....

Kreole
6 hours ago, battleborn said:

Philippine police draw flak for plan to monitor social media on quarantine  

This is a link from Reuters UK on Sept 6.

They plan to look into large crowds and illegal drinking.  Many groups oppose.

If you had any doubts about the real reasons for such draconian policies in the RP, then this should give you reason for concern.   Monitoring sites is easy, just as anyone can read the tweets and messages.  So much for saving lives, flattening the curve or whatever bullshit pretext they use, this is a patently obvious scheme for population control. 

And there is more to come. Any bets?  BTW, they are already monitoring social media, and have been for some time, and this site is probably under surveillance, so watch your tongue, mates.

Edited by Kreole

to_dave007

Duterte extends state of calamity due to Covid-19

MANILA – President Rodrigo Duterte has extended the declaration of a state of calamity throughout the Philippines for one more year due to the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) pandemic.

In Proclamation No. 1021 signed on Sept. 16 and released on Friday, Duterte extended the state of calamity “for a period of one year", or from Sept. 13, 2020 to Sept. 12, 2021, “unless earlier lifted or extended as circumstances may warrant". 

Duterte said that while "significant strides" have been achieved to strengthen the country's efforts to fight the spread of the virus, Covid-19 cases continue to increase in the country.

"The number of Covid-19 positive cases and deaths continue to rise despite efforts and interventions to contain the same," the proclamation read. 

Duterte said the extension would allow the national government, as well as local government units (LGUs), to continue using the "appropriate funds, including the Quick Response Fund, in their disaster preparedness and response efforts to contain the spread of Covid-19, monitor and control prices of basic necessities and prime commodities, and provide basic services to the affected populations".

Under the proclamation, all government agencies and LGUs are enjoined to cooperate and mobilize the necessary resources to “undertake critical, urgent, and appropriate disaster response aid and measures in a timely manner to curtail and eliminate the threat of Covid-19.”

Law enforcement agencies, with the support of the Armed Forces of the Philippines, were also directed to continue undertaking all necessary measures “to ensure peace and order" in affected areas. 

In March, Duterte signed Proclamation 929 that placed the entire Philippines under a state of calamity for six months due to the Covid-19 health crisis.

The Department of Health (DOH) on Friday reported a total of 279,526 Covid-19 cases, with 65,906 active cases, 208,790 recoveries and 4,830 deaths. (PNA)

https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1115937

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1