Plastic Septic Tank

Paddy
13 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Huh?

Nope, just a hole in the ground with a slab on top.

Couldn’t do that here. I tried a drainage pit for run off several years ago and all that happened was that it filled up with water!😀 In the end we had to run a long pipe to an area above a rice padi. The ground here seems to be clay mixed with rock. Water happily runs on top of it but doesn’t soak in too well. 

fred42

DENR are very strict in enforcing 5 chamber underground tanks here in Bohol now...Every chamber must be sealed including the floor.
The municipal hall are checking it`s done right or will not supply occupancy permit.

• Administrator
Dafey
5 hours ago, fred42 said:

The municipal hall are checking it`s done right or will not supply occupancy permit.

You need a permit?

SkyMan
6 hours ago, fred42 said:

DENR are very strict in enforcing 5 chamber underground tanks here in Bohol now...Every chamber must be sealed including the floor.

Why have 5 chambers all the same? 

fred42
43 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Why have 5 chambers all the same? 

The more chambers the better as the sediment settles more efficiently releasing less solid particles to the outlet.. The DENR here are requiring 5 chambers.
There are other uses for different chambers for things like air pumps to mix O2 into the water which speeds up the beneficial bacteria count.
Ive heard that some people put chlorine pucks in the final chamber to kill off any remaining baddies before it goes out to the drain field.

2 hours ago, Dafey said:

You need a permit?

If you are building a house or any other property here you need a building permit.. The septic tank is on the architectural drawings that will be submitted to the municipal engineering and sanitary depts.

• Like 1
Jawny

It wouldn’t surprise me if the number of chambers is based upon the use of the septic system.  Single family versus larger apartment, multiple families and such.  As well, some of drainage field may influence the choice on number of chambers. 

• Administrator
Dafey
16 hours ago, fred42 said:

If you are building a house or any other property here you need a building permit

Just joking Fred.Of course we will but there are so many shacks that are glued together with scraps in plain view we talked about them never seeing us back off the road where we are.

fred42
20 hours ago, Dafey said:

Just joking Fred.Of course we will but there are so many shacks that are glued together with scraps in plain view we talked about them never seeing us back off the road where we are.

I asked the DENR what they were gonna do about the 1000`s of squatters here that use the sea here as a septic tank..
They said that this group of people were not part of their jurisdiction!

Edited by fred42
  • Like 1
  • Administrator
Dafey
4 hours ago, fred42 said:

They said that this group of people were not part of their jurisdiction!

Yes...the DENR only polices peeps that have money to pay the fine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
SkyMan
On 2/26/2020 at 6:47 AM, fred42 said:

Is that for all of Bohol?  Here things go pretty much by municipality.  I plan to have 2, maybe 3 chambers.  Black water in first with floor sloped to the middle for pump out.  Second no floor and add gray water, third same.  I doubt anything will reach the 3rd in my lifetime.

fred42
On 2/27/2020 at 9:40 PM, SkyMan said:

Is that for all of Bohol?  Here things go pretty much by municipality.  I plan to have 2, maybe 3 chambers.  Black water in first with floor sloped to the middle for pump out.  Second no floor and add gray water, third same.  I doubt anything will reach the 3rd in my lifetime.

Ha ha!!  Thats not a septic tank..It`s 3 holes in the ground with the third one a redundant waste of space..

The video below is a really good DIY system which clearly displays what septic tanks actually do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1