Setting up Netflix with WiFi

I just moved to a new condo and they have given me for now a globe at home prepaid wifi white box thing. im trying to connect netflix with a chromecast and it keeps saying cannot comunicate with your device or something.Is it definitely  possible to get netflix to work with this method or is that the problem ? thanks

Any ideas for troubleshooting .Chromecast displays on the tv. and on the home app it seems fine but wont connect.Says diniing room tv on chromecast and den on home for some reason 

86807888_775110276232201_402211648477069312_n.jpg

86872701_550548188887081_2336357712469688320_n.jpg

the modem in the picture is a LTE 4G modem

I do NOT know anything about netflix

Edited by Woolf

Your problem seem to be chromecast.

Check:

1. Can you receive Netflix on your app (whatever you are using)? If not, fix that first.

2. Check chromecast connection with your tv ( any cast, does not have to be netflix). I think here is your problem.

• Like 2

Based on the message onscreen, the device that is “sending the picture” is unable to connect to the router. 

The device could be a chrome cast dongle, the tv itself (if it’s a smart tv) or some other box. Since there are multiple different ways to do this, I couldn’t say which it is.

My advice is, on the device and in the app that is displaying that message on screen, look for a set up option for “its” WIFI connection and get it connected to the router. It’s quite possible that the connection at your previous residence did not have the same network name/password as the Globe at Home router.

It is most definitely not a Netflix/Globe internet issue. Not yet anyway!😀

Edited by Paddy
Edit
  • Like 1

thanks alot guys . i figured it out with some googeling . just needed to rest the chromecast physicily with the little button on it  and im in business! cheers

3 minutes ago, vguy said:

thanks alot guys . i figured it out with some googeling . just needed to rest the chromecast physicily with the little button on it  and im in business! cheers

sounds like you hit the WPS button  so the chromecast connected to the GLOBE router

• Like 1

idk but it worked. the button on the chromecast not the router. it is struggleing to buffer a bit with not being real wifi 

This is a bit OT but might help with buffering

Move router as close to a window as you can - condos are notorious signal killers

Had a Globe pocket WiFi  - then router - terrible -  moved to window - eliminated buffering

In my condo 20MBPS - all green - go to neighbor's - nothing - only 2 walls - 20 / 25 ft

• Like 1
1 hour ago, vguy said:

not being real wifi 

what is real wifi  then ???

11 minutes ago, lamoe said:

This is a bit OT but might help with buffering

Move router as close to a window as you can - condos are notorious signal killers

Had a Globe pocket WiFi  - then router - terrible -  moved to window - eliminated buffering

In my condo 20MBPS - all green - go to neighbor's - nothing - only 2 walls - 20 / 25 ft

rebar and concrete  kills the wifi signal  even worse with the 5 Ghz  wifi

same with the globe lte signal 

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 1

I am sitting outside about 8m away from our Globe at Home router. A moment ago I was looking at a SINGLE arc of wifi signal. The wall between me and the router is mostly window too! 
It sorta works though 😀

• Like 1

There is a very good tool for android to see signal level from wifi  router, will also show is another wifi  close by 

Get Wifi Analyzer from play store

• Like 1

@vguy Glad to hear you got connected. The wifi is real. What isn’t is what Globe calls “internet service”. Sometimes you get throughput, sometimes you don’t! We occasionally stream audio but even that buffers sometimes. I often can’t watch a 5 minute YouTube video without constant replays. There’s no way I’d have the patience to watch a streamed movie in our location. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Woolf said:

There is a very good tool for android to see signal level from wifi  router, will also show is another wifi  close by 

Get Wifi Analyzer from play store

I have two iPhones - an SE from Canada and a local 8.  The SE often outperforms the 8. 
I know exactly where the one other router near us is. 😀

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Paddy said:

I am sitting outside about 8m away from our Globe at Home router. A moment ago I was looking at a SINGLE arc of wifi signal. The wall between me and the router is mostly window too! 
It sorta works though 😀

It's the router that needs to be as close as possible to the open to receive the signal

My router in Bohol is hard wired to an antenna mounted about 40 in the air  - great reception where there was none -

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, lamoe said:

It's the router that needs to be as close as possible to the open to receive the signal

Will only help if window is in direction of a cell tower